HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults

Go down 
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite

PostSubject: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Tue Oct 22 2013, 15:15

My buddy plays necrons and uses wraiths as a distractionary unit. My question is; does he need to roll 3D6 and subtract the highest when assaulting through cover? As far as I can tell, he still has too as it says they move like jump pack units they just dont test for dangerous terrain.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Tue Oct 22 2013, 15:25

The Wraithflight rule says they are never slowed by difficult terrain so I don't think they need to roll 3d6 when charging. They do however still suffer the I penalty for charging into cover as they do not have assault grenades (or equivalent).

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Tue Oct 22 2013, 16:10

I would figure unless the rule states specifically otherwise he would have to take the 3d6. It is directly under the assault, but I could be wrong. I have never spoken with a TO or anything. I have only played at a local group and haven't had this arise yet. Our cron player doesn't have wraiths
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Tue Oct 22 2013, 16:13

@Count Adhemar wrote:
The Wraithflight rule says they are never slowed by difficult terrain so I don't think they need to roll 3d6 when charging. They do however still suffer the I penalty for charging into cover as they do not have assault grenades (or equivalent).
This is how it's been ruled whenever I ask TOs with my Necrons. Not being slowed by terrain is different than trying to hack through cover. So still 2D6 for charging and will fight at I1 if the unit they are charging is in cover since they don't have the ability to get assault grenades.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Tue Oct 22 2013, 20:21

Well that sucks lol.  I figured since they move as jump units, they would suffer the 3d6.  But I can accept them not being slowed by terrain. Thanks y'all

Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 07:41

@doomseer11b wrote:
Well that sucks lol.  I figured since they move as jump units, they would suffer the 3d6.  But I can accept them not being slowed by terrain.  Thanks y'all
Just a note. A jump pack unit that uses it's jump pack in the assault phase ignores terrain too, so only rolls 2d6 (but still only strikes at I1). However, if the jump pack unit already used their jump pack in the movement phase then they assault like normal infantry (and roll 3d6 when charging through terrain).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 09:06

@Mushkilla wrote:
@doomseer11b wrote:
Well that sucks lol.  I figured since they move as jump units, they would suffer the 3d6.  But I can accept them not being slowed by terrain.  Thanks y'all
Just a note. A jump pack unit that uses it's jump pack in the assault phase ignores terrain too, so only rolls 2d6 (but still only strikes at I1). However, if the jump pack unit already used their jump pack in the movement phase then they assault like normal infantry (and roll 3d6 when charging through terrain).
Correct for normal Jump Infantry but just remember that Wraiths have their special Wraithflight rule so they never need to roll for difficult terrain.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 10:39

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Correct for normal Jump Infantry but just remember that Wraiths have their special Wraithflight rule so they never need to roll for difficult terrain.
Yup, yup. So do you think 40k rules should be a required case study for all law students?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 10:56

@Mushkilla wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
Yup, yup. So do you think 40k rules should be a required case study for all law students?
No but I think Law should be a requirement for GW's editors (if such a beast exists). Might teach them to write better rules! Very Happy 

Plus they're going to need more lawyers if this turns out to be true.

Back to top Go down
Sizzly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 15:35

They hired WilmerHale?!?!?! I've done some IT work for them. They all drive nice cars. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 15:39

I think they better call Saul.

Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   Wed Oct 23 2013, 16:16

Thanks guys

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults   

Back to top Go down

elementary question on ignores difficult terrain and assaults
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: