Razorwing
25%
 25% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Wed Sep 18 2013, 03:04

I have just put together a modern ravager. It is fantastic how the guns can actually rotate to solve those firing arc conundrums and it is SO much better than the add on metal bits that created such awful balance issues for the OG. The modern stuff is so good. Like, I could squeeze 5 modern wyches out of the crew of a venom model. The venom is still too much of a borrowed viper design to win this for me.
The bits that are left over on the ravager will be going toward objective markers, pain tokens and more kabalites/trueborn. The hanger on bodies are such a bonus and it is easy to model a DE fig holding aloft a gruesome trophy. The Razorwing, so menacing and sleek, highly unlikely to get a shot off if your opponent has an interceptor weapon, but beautifully made also ranks high. However, for me, the Ravager wins the day. Until I put it together, I was unaware how intricate and detailed the model actually was. Really appreciate the thought that has gone into it.
Right, enough said, I am John Blanched out.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Sat Sep 21 2013, 09:48

I like all of our vehicles, but I enjoy the Razorwing the most. It looks really elegant and evil to me. The new raiders are ravagers are pretty awesome too. I like venoms a lot, but for some reason I dislike the way the gunner looks on them. Overall I had a really hard time picking a favorite because they are all so good.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Sat Sep 21 2013, 11:26

I will admit I re-modeled a lot of my Venoms, ranging from underslung s.cannons on the wings to double-barreling the one under the nose. I'm not wholly against the gunner, but do agree he's sort of the weak point of an otherwise solid model and I certainly don't want a fleet of Venoms with those gunners.

Perhaps especially odd insomuch as I *like* the Raider gunner...I dunno. That's how I feel.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Sat Sep 21 2013, 12:04

Whats wrong with the gunner? Just another Kabalite. I dont used wych gunner naturally, even for wych venom.

Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Sat Sep 21 2013, 14:20

It's something about his look. I suppose I'd put it down to a mix of the locked knees in a supposedly highly maneuverable vehicle combined with the slight 'Mad Max' vibe I get from the whole rig, it feels like something an Ork would do, not a Dark Eldar.

The individual model of the gunner is sculpted just fine, but I don't like him combined with the vehicle for the overall impression they give is not one that strongly appeals to me.

Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Mon Sep 23 2013, 09:39

I love the raider best of all, I love the greek-trireme image it has going on and it is the reason why I started dark Eldar in the first place. The Razorwing is a close second, its certainly the best looking flyer in modern 40k (not that that is especially hard, it only has to compete with the crimson hunter really).

The venom is nice too, but it reminds me too much of the craftworld vyper (which I loathe) and the plain fact of the matter is that a raider at least looks like it could contain the models it is supposed to transport, with the venom the gunner takes up almost the entire platform, and even with two models dangling over the side, 5 is still a massive stretch, especially if you are saying there are archons court or Incubi in there rather than Wyches.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Mon Sep 23 2013, 10:00

I suddenly got the urge to convert a DE vehicle with multiple slaves "rowing" with anti-gravity oars thanks to your trireme image...

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Mon Sep 23 2013, 12:46

One thing I want to add that while I dont know much (= nothing) about sailing, I have always wondered why does the raider have the sails positioned like that? If it was to use the wind somehow, shouldn't they be sideways?
Im sure that this can also be explained by just saying " they are sci-fi sails", but is there any other reason for the sails to be like that?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Mon Sep 23 2013, 12:49

I think they're supposed to work more like solar panels than sails, collecting some sort of energy and using it to power the engines.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Mon Sep 23 2013, 14:11

@Mngwa wrote:
One thing I want to add that while I dont know much (= nothing) about sailing, I have always wondered why does the raider have the sails positioned like that? If it was to use the wind somehow, shouldn't they be sideways?
Im sure that this can also be explained by just saying " they are sci-fi sails", but is there any other reason for the sails to be like that?
Think about the sails on a yacht or other small craft, they are oriented along the hull but can angle out to catch the wind if it comes from a different quarter.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   Tue Sep 24 2013, 09:03

Plenty of America's Cup action at the moment on the TV. The tech behind the multi-hulled catamarans is very cool. The sails are rigid carbon fibre for the most part. Really hope NZ can get that last win... Underslung splinter-cannons are exactly what I did with my Venom. That Mad Max analogy was perfect! Totally agree with 5 models being totally unable to fit on that platform- unless they are shoulder riding or dangling from the gunners ankles. However, it is very easy to hide Venoms as is so am willing to parley on actual scale for the argument of realism and settle with a dastardly stealthy death device.

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   

Back to top Go down

The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: