HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Supplement Harlequins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 17:08

I was talking to a GW employee, and we were discussing old school 40k and the old Harlequins box back in 2nd ed. when he let drop "I cannot confirm nor deny a Harlequins supplement in October". Now he could be just talking out his ass, but it was a weird interjection into the conversation we were having. Also Its not a rumor that I have even heard speculated.

As a bonus rumor he also mentioned he believes that 6th ed. DE codex in 18 months give or take.

grain of sand and all
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 17:22

Given that most GW employees know even less than we do about what GW is up to, I'd take it with a ginormous bucket of salt.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 17:29

I wouldn't take this seriosuly. It's not been heard of before, wheras nearly everything else GW has done has been speculated in advance. If I hear this from numerous reliable sources then I'll consider it.

Edit: Also, even though this is also just a rumour, I feel more inclined to believe this: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7730-dark-elves-rumoured-for-october

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 17:36

I hear you, It was just weird as an unsolicited comment. Who knows, I just thought I would put it out there.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 17:43

Yeah, no worries. It would be really quite cool if they did make one, as long as it's better than the Iyanden supplement.

It would certainly be worth a read.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   5/9/2013, 19:51

what was the employee's postion inside the company??? Most black shirts and red shirts (do they even still have red shirts???) Dont learn about stuff till after the internet. GW believes their leaks all come from their retail staff, so they keep them in the dark just as long as they do their customers. So if he is in one of those positions I wouldnt believe it.

That being said I of all people hope it is true. Man do I want my harliestar back...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 21:30

Would highly doubt it given that there is already an Iyanden supplement and they are usually released alongside a codex anyway. Would be interesting though.

Kabal of the Shadow Blade - 2/0/0
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 21:49

Based on what I can gather, there's a couple new digital only supplements coming out within a couple of weeks. Current rumor mill seems to think that it'll be a dedicated Imperial Fist supplement as well as a 6th edition, digital-only SoB codex (which is renamed to just Adaptus Soritas and reflected on GW.com already). Rumor currently pegs those as 19 Oct. releases.

I haven't heard any DE rumors recently. Maybe after the first of the year we'll get a better approximation on when our new codex will drop. At the current rate, it'll probably be sometime late next year.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 22:32

I'll be in the corner gargling with sodium chloride.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 22:33

Not the biggest fan of the supplements anyway to be honest. However the sisters codex will be the last of the incredibly outdated codexs to be updated which is good.

Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 22:40

@Shadow Blade wrote:
Not the biggest fan of the supplements anyway to be honest. However the sisters codex will be the last of the incredibly outdated codexs to be updated which is good.
True. Then we're looking at Nids, Orks, and Guard which, from what I keep hearing, are the next 3 to come out (order depends on rumor mill).

I'm annoyed Sisters aren't getting a true refresh and just a digital bump. Loved playing Sisters way back in 2nd and 3rd edition and the fact now a lot has changed since there is a bit sad. They really need to work on those mold and start making some plastic battle sisters - even if the plastic ones were solely just a new unit and not a replacement for a current unit.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 22:45

Yeah, GW has been pumping out the army updates recently though so shouldn't be too long. Doubt anyone would know why the sisters are only getting a digital version?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 23:00

Sisters will not get a full new codex until and unless GW can sort out the issues they have with the model range. I'm not sure exactly what those issues are but it's been stated by a couple of the design team that they essentially make it impossible to do new models for Sisters without a complete redesign.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 23:01

Hmm can't understand what those would be but I guess they have their reasons. All those that play sisters will have to wait a little bit longer then.

Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   10/10/2013, 23:23

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Sisters will not get a full new codex until and unless GW can sort out the issues they have with the model range. I'm not sure exactly what those issues are but it's been stated by a couple of the design team that they essentially make it impossible to do new models for Sisters without a complete redesign.
I've heard the same thing. I wonder if that is also preventing them from making entirely new molds/models while keeping the existing unit/models metal. If so, I would have to wonder if it's more of a legal/design rights type of issue and not a technical one. Then again, I wouldn't blame them for wanting to do a full overhaul on all models which WOULD take a bit to do I suppose however it's not unheard of (i.e. Necrons and original DE).
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Supplement Harlequins   11/10/2013, 01:09

Saltttttt.

In all seriousness I think we could very easily see a new codex within 18 months.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net

Supplement Harlequins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: