HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Building Trueborn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 06:32

As of now I own 1 unit of TB that has 2 blasters, 2 shredders, 2 splinter cannons, 3 shard carbines and the dracon with agonizer and blast pistol. I also have 3 units of 20 warriors that have 2 dark lances and blaster in one, blaster and 2 splinter cannons and one with a dark lance, splinter cannon and blaster. I am building another box of 10 models. 3 will be dark lances to put in the warrior units and taking out the splinter cannons. Of the other 7 models, 5 will be made into trueborn to ride in a venom. One will be dracon but the other 4 is what I'm wondering on. One with blaster(only have the one blaster bit) as for the other 3 I'm thinking shard carbines. What do you think I should model them with? I know blaster born is probably the general consensus, which I can do if I take the 3 blasters from my warriors, but if I do, should I add shredders to the warriors of just splinter rifles?
Thanks for any responses.

Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 06:57

Go blasterborn. You can make additional blaster from a Shredder, with the barrel cut off and replaced with the barrel of a blast pistol (you should have some left over from all your warrior boxes).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 07:21

What if I take them from my warriors instead? Just give the warriors splinter rifles? That would probably make better since for range.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:23

You already have plenty of AI troops, one more splinter rifle is not really useful.
The more blasters you have, the easier you will down vehicules.
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 13:47

you don't really need the dracon, he doesn't really bring anything to the squad. Go for blasters, you can convert them from Dark Lances and Shredders using the technique Mush mentioned. If you are running 10 warriors in a raider then I would say drop the blaster. If you are shooting with a squad that big at a tank you are wasting a lot of fire. If you are running 5-man warrior squads in venoms then I would say keep the blasters in
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 15:30

Okay, Got it. Thanks for the help guys and Mush's quick build blasters idea.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 17:54

Black Death wrote:
Okay, Got it. Thanks for the help guys and Mush's quick build blasters idea.
Here's the guide if you need one. I followed this one (and the one converting Dark Elf Corsair capes) to the letter and my Blasterborn came out quite nice.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Building Trueborn   Fri Aug 30 2013, 19:16

Thanks Mandor that's a big help.

Building Trueborn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion