HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cheaping out on a HQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 13:05

I'm finding, more and more, that my HQ is a weak link in my army.
The 145pt archon of kapow you're dead and I've eaten you soul is awesome, but, he rarely does enough to justify his costs.
So, I'm thinking about something else.
I've tried an agoniser Succy before, and she is fun, but I've never been overwhelmed by her.

So, does anyone have any cheap but effective Haemie, Ancient, Baron, or possibly Duke builds.
If the baron had a jet bike, it would be easy!

The Dukes a little pricey, but that two drugs roll might be handy with all my wyches

facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 13:59

Perhaps succub with venom blade would suffice? She is still killy killy and very cheap. If cheaper, one heamy with liqifier? Maybe even VB as well? I guess they'ld be effective for their cost Razz
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 14:30

Depends what you're looking to achieve with the HQ. If you're just filling a mandatory slot then a 50 point Haemonculus is just the trick. If you want them to actually do something useful then the Baron is always a good choice with either Hellions or a large Beast pack. Duke opens up some options and is a good force multiplier with his increased poisoned shooting and extra combat drug choice. I'd probably steer away from the other named HQ's as they are either too expensive or just plain bad (Hello Decrapitator!) although Urien Rakarth has a place in a largely Coven-based list.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 20:58

I Seem to be the only one who likes lady malys around the internet so far. Yes, she struggles to wound and is AP 3 and seems a bit expensive. I like having her with Grotesques though. Especially against anything that uses psychic powers Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 21:05

Archon, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Venom Blade. That's what I run if wanting a cheaper Archon, otherwise I'd go with the Succubus with Venom Blade.

Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Thu Aug 22 2013, 21:59

Lelith is more fun than a box of kittens but definitely one to play for fun rather than value for points - as I proved once again this evening!

Normally I would go for the Haemie and squirty gun.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Fri Aug 23 2013, 04:41

I tend to like support characters so I would either run a cheap melee hero with Grots in a Raider, a Haemie with LG, or the Baron. I have currently been favouring the Baron, but he needs either Beasts or Hellions which could be a drag depending on what you're running.
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Fri Aug 23 2013, 09:55

i tend to use Urien Rakarth with 9 wraks allthough he can be hit and miss. the other day i was playing a frend who had black tempalers and Urien Rakarth took out his big hq squad that had a value of over 500 points. he had 2 hqs and a sqaud leader in the squad all of wich i think had 2+ saves and in each chalange i got 3 clones and he failed his 2 + in each chalange lol so 3 turns 3 dead dudes .(sorry i dont no them names of the models he was useing). in other games mind i have had him die in 1 round of combat to ork warboses cos of a bad clone feild roll henace the hit and miss coment. but every time i do use him he is a lot of fun and when he dose work the look on your opoenents face when you say 1 failed save is instent death is pricless
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Fri Aug 23 2013, 16:30

I think I'll give two agoniser succubi a go, if I include the displaced incubi, it's as much as the archon, but for a lot less concentrated risk.
You can make a pretty beasty haemi ancient, but not cheaply, and once grab guns ruin ap2, shes'll be a lot more effective.

clively
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Sat Aug 24 2013, 06:31

I run a haemi with a group of 5 wracks. I give a hexifle to the haemi and an acothyst. I usually keep them in the backfield on or very near to an objective. In larger games I'll also take a cronos which stays in defensive range.

Mainly I don't like having my hq in my opponents face. It's too easy to give up a VP. The wracks are there to provide a meat shield and claim an objective. The hex rifles allow that unit to at least plink the enemy from afar. I haven't lost my hq in the past 20 games. Meanwhile they often earn VP for keeping an objective and usually put a few models down over the course of a game.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Sat Aug 24 2013, 22:13

Succubus, VB, Haywire

Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   Sat Aug 24 2013, 22:33

@Irakunar Thrax wrote:
I Seem to be the only one who likes lady malys around the internet so far. Yes, she struggles to wound and is AP 3 and seems a bit expensive. I like having her with Grotesques though. Especially against anything that uses psychic powers Smile
I love lady Malys she is decent but where she will really shine is in psyker heavy metas. Hell I even thought about running her with Spiritseer or Farseer and just walk around casting offensive psyker spells. I would also imagine she is a pain in the rear end for Daemons and Eldar. Otherwise if I want a cheap HQ its a Hamie (or baron depending if im running Hellions)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheaping out on a HQ   

Back to top Go down

Cheaping out on a HQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: