HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Has anyone else seen the index for the forthcoming FW Apoc update

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Imperial_Armour_Apocalypse.html

What is a Skyscythe Slaughter Host I wonder?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:14 pm

A squadron of 10 Tantalus with chain snares and bladevanes bounding them together.
One Tantalus is gifted for free. Thx FW.

Sorry, bad joke.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Involves Ravens? Evil or Very Mad 

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 pm

D'aw, we're back to being the smallest update section. Ah, old memories Wink

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Moving this to DE news and rumours and renaming the thread.

My money is on three Tantalus and maybe a Reaper thrown in. More interested to see what happens to the Warp Hunter myself.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Maybe it's the Void Raven. We finally get a model, but they come in packs of three Very Happy 

If it is Raven fighters, I sure hope that there is a new model to accompany it soon.

Back to top Go down
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:24 pm

It'll not be the Raven as there's no rules for individual Ravens in the book. I'd put money on a Tantalus squadron judging by the name.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:24 am

@Sky Serpent wrote:
More interested to see what happens to the Warp Hunter myself.
This is where my eye went as well. I'm especially curious about the Skyreaver Corsair Raiding Force Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I have the book: More updates later but...

Skyscythe Host: 2+ Tantalus, 1+ Reaper: They deep strike without scatter and as they arrive they can do an Str 3. AP 4 Apocalyptic Barrage 1 + Haywire attack on units that are close to any Reaper. The Str, and # of shots increases per # of vehicles in the formation. Max of 10 Str Apc Barrage 10...

WarpHunter has a new Weapon called a D-Flail that is similar to the old one, but Blast is Str. 7, AP 3 Heavy 3 Barrage, small blast with Distort. The Rift is the same strength and ap, but is a heavy 1 template only with distort. cost is 145

Wraithseer is a mastery level 1 psycher with Ancient Doom, fearless, Spirit Mark. Enliven just gives fleet. Deliverance is 5+ FNP. Needs to Be FAQd though because as it is written it seems you can't take it in an allied detachment. cost is 185

Tantalus does an extra D6 for AP on any ramming attacks.

Cobra D Impaler is updated and on a 4= extra die roll, stays in place and does stuff...

Forgive the incompleteness, been up since 6 am yesterday and just drove back 16 hours...

All Eldar Corsair Weapons all seem to be updated as per the new Codex

That's what I can tell the big changes are.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:18 pm

@Balisong wrote:
All Eldar Corsair Weapons all seem to be updated as per the new Codex

So, does this apply to weapons carried by infantry? (shuriken catapults/las blasters bounce bounce bounce ) I'd love to have some of that goodness for my corsair army!

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 pm

No Infantry yet. Just the Corsair vehicles included in the book. They all received updates that mirror the new weapon rules, or received new weapons with improvements.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:17 pm

The Skyscythe Host sounds really cool, and i guess makes a pretty impressive entry XD

so now i just need one more Tantalus and a Reaper....

any news on the Raven?

...What about a Bastion made out of Guardsmen as some form of sick sarcasm?...Or a Fortress of Redemption made out of Dark Angels - Sky Serpent
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 pm

@Crazy_Irish wrote:
any news on the Raven?

The Raven is in Aeronautica and thus won't be getting an update.

I'd bet my left leg that it will get an updated model and rules when we get the full FW treatment.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm

so no super-heavy DE thing then. ah well, the new formation does sound impressive
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Imperial Armour Apocalypse is now available for £30, dispatch date 9th August.

Funnily enough, pages for the Warp Hunter, Reaper and DE formation can be seen in the preview section...

Skyscythe Slaughter Host is available and includes two Tantalus, one Reaper and two boxes of Kabalite Warriors for £220. Seperately that would cost you £247.

There's actually some good deals in the formation section, assuming you'd want everything included.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/APOCALYPSE_BATTLE_FORMATIONS

Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Out of curiosity...did the Tantalus get a point reduction? I've always seen it as a pretty risky point sink. Especially if it lost Aerial Assault....

I will learn the way of the cocaine induced bloodrage! I will embrace feeding men their entrails in poisoned barbecue! My heart will brim with joy as the masters of this community teach me the secrets of scalping Croot! This is my story...

I paint miniatures professionally...and I rawk face at it. Check out the gallery!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
http://sabredingostudios.wordpress.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Tantalus didn't lose Aerial Assault.

It now has 5 hull points.

Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 pm

ERMAHGERD that's awesome. How does AA affect passengers if you don't mind my asking?

I will learn the way of the cocaine induced bloodrage! I will embrace feeding men their entrails in poisoned barbecue! My heart will brim with joy as the masters of this community teach me the secrets of scalping Croot! This is my story...

I paint miniatures professionally...and I rawk face at it. Check out the gallery!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
http://sabredingostudios.wordpress.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 am

@Sky Serpent wrote:
Tantalus ..... now has 5 hull points.
Hmmm, how long 'til Xmas?
Back to top Go down

FW Imperial Armour Apocalypse up for preorder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-