HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 04:59

Mandrakes are the best models with the worst rules in the DE codex, the main culprit being this assault unit cannot assault units in cover, so here's my shot at a fix that also adds a cool flavor

Special Rule: "Shadow Brand"
Mandrakes ignore the effects of cover in assault and shooting

Flavor: when an enemy seeks cover he is also enveloped in shadow, the hunting grounds of the mandrake!

And an addition to Baleblast:
"whenever a unit with this rule has at least one pain token each model may make close combat attacks at ap4"

The mandrakes are now capable of assaulting any unit, and when a pain token is gained they get that "ignores cover" shooting attack that's so fashionable in 6e.

As for Scourges, I feel that they just don't really stand out next to Reavers
To represent their extensive experience in battling over the bloody skies and lightning cracked spires of Commoragh, Scourges get...

-Skyfire
-Interceptor

While Reavers rely on blazing speed and Hellions have numbers, the Scourges are the sharp eyed killers who gun down their foes at extreme range. You can already imagine the bloody dynamics of Commoragh Spire War with their distinctions!

Scourges now stand out unique among the DE as a highly mobile interceptor that can also foil enemy air mobility.

Last edited by HokutoAndy on Thu Jul 18 2013, 14:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 13:30

Your changes sound fun to me. I recently got a squad of mandrakes because my fiance wanted to paint them because they look cool. I'd love some nice rules for them.

Your scourage rules are a nice basic way to make them more usable. I'd love some sort of cool ability though like the eldar equivalent.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 14:26

Honestly I love your ideas.. Especially for scourges since I only use them for fluff or simply cus I gt 20 of them ( 10 I bought and 10 I got when I bought my friends army since he is more of a marine player) and I hope they bring mandrakes alive next codex since their models are so fantastic
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 16:16

I approve (though I'd personally prefer ap3 over ignores cover, but that may be too strong). I'm personally still hoping that if we get asupplement that it be all about the mandrakes.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 17:30

Reavers may be better than Scourges but they're by no means bad.

With respect to Mandrakes, those are pretty very good improvements. The only problem I see is getting that first pain token--you probably need a Haemonculus and a transport to deploy properly. Still, it would be a marked improvement.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Thu Jul 18 2013, 23:54

I really hope they make Scourges Jet Pack Infantry...

That would fit with the fluff and really make them more viable (Relentless, 2d6 movement in Assault, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    Fri Jul 19 2013, 05:50

@Balisong wrote:
I really hope they make Scourges Jet Pack Infantry...

That would fit with the fluff and really make them more viable (Relentless, 2d6 movement in Assault, etc.)

Actually, I agree. Being able to take Dark Lances would make them much better, especially with that kind of mobility.

PostSubject: Re: Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"    

Back to top Go down

Mandrake rules proposal: "Shadow Brand"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: