HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabal of the Sundawn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Kabal of the Sundawn   Fri Jul 12 2013, 13:36

About myself. Hi, I'm Mike. Started playing 40k as Blood Angels, but somewhere deep in heart had this forbidden love towards DE. So far I played quite hardcore with DE, but only with borrowed models.

No more douchebaging, I finaly started to get models on my own!

So far At my home I've got:

Raider, 10 warriors, 2 blasters, 4 razorwing flocks (found them metal darn cheap, for 20$ whole 4!)
In a week I'm going to receive 4 venoms, battleforce and hellion pack (for converting beastmasters and Baron).

Future additions: Khymeras first, than ravagers. So far I've got basepainted raider, flocks, and 5 warriors. The color scheme I wanted to achieve, was bone colored armors, with Black/Red details.

Pics so far:

Those will need washing and detailing abit. Tell me what you think about color scheme Smile.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:18

The ivory is awesome. Don't like the pink though.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:47

The bone/ivory looks terrific, especially on your Warriors. It looks a little yellower on the Raider, maybe it's just the pics, but personally I like the lighter tone of the Warriors. The red works very well.

Looking forward to seeing more Ravenizer.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:57

Awesome. I actually think the pink and bone looks fantastic. My only crit would be put a light brown on the warriors and then clean it up any spillage with bone again. Other than that looking great. Smile

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Fri Jul 12 2013, 17:01

Actualy its not pink. Its almost 255/0/0 red on them Very Happy Somehow every pic I make, has this pinkish red tone, while the rest seems allright.

The models are going to be more Brownish, like darker bone in the end.
Pretty much almost exact as this termie, since they are beeing painted the same way.

Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sat Jul 13 2013, 11:32

Finished my Raider and 5 warriors. Thats how they will look in the end (I'll buy some red wash/glaze, for few parts to make more glowing effects on splinter rifles, and the knives on their backs. Also the raider will need some decal on the sail, but I'd need specific stuff to make it look good, so it will be a future project Smile.

I thought I readjust some colors to the Raider. It was too umm, "polite" for my taste? So i added blood effects, and darkened few parts a bit. Also had to do edge highlight for all black details, and a bit of blending on rifles glowing effect.

Here are the effects. Hope you enjoy Smile. Pics should now show more deep richer red color, rather than pink. Don't know why my camera makes it look like that. The raider Sail red and splinter rifles red is the original tone, for all red details on my DE.

Back to top Go down
screamingparatrooper
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:17

Good work! Really smooth colours! That bone colour i'm jealous of. Keep on rolling!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sat Jul 13 2013, 20:25

I really like your smooth bone-coloured theme. They give off a vicious carrion feel - as if they swoop down on weakened enemy positions and mercilessly turn them into red paste and take their spoils. The red glow on splinter rifles is fantastic and really pops. Well done, would love to see more!

That Deathwing is also fantastic!

ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sat Jul 13 2013, 20:56

Thanks guys! Cool that people find appealing such (from my experience) unusual scheme. I'll start making another 5 warriors, but I think in next week, there should be huge package with fresh tasty DE to work on, so more to come for sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sun Jul 14 2013, 14:05

dobre! spoko! very nice.

They remind me of something, here are mine (i'll post some update soon) Very Happy 
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6634-kabal-of-fluff-to-be-developped-color-scheme
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:29

@LSK wrote:
dobre! spoko! very nice.

They remind me of something, here are mine (i'll post some update soon)  Very Happy 
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6634-kabal-of-fluff-to-be-developped-color-scheme

Hahah, thanks Wink

Actualy I'm amazed how similar they look Very Happy. Realy well executed aswell Smile
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:14

Finaly finished my 1k of Dark eldar. Still lacking some Khymeras, but oh well. Already finished painting 4 venoms, 2nd raider, Baron conversion, 3 beastmaster conversions, 15 more warriors. Got 10 wyches and 3 Reavers still more to go, so those are going to be next most likely Smile.

So far here are the pics. Hope you enjoy :)Somehow my camera still has issues with red color, making it look like pink. Also barons freehand is shown only properly on one pic (the one shot from his back, only there highlights are visible :/ ). I hope it's not a heresy and will still look okish to you.

Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:18

Very cool stuff. When it's done well, any army can have a little orkish touch ^^ I love the splatters of blood on the raiders !

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Tue Jul 30 2013, 12:38

I dig. While it is a bright scheme, it still looks very Dark Eldary-like, so to speak (and not just because they are Dark Eldar Smile ).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Tue Jul 30 2013, 20:00

They look very natural, I mean "naturally colored". Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Thu Aug 01 2013, 20:59

Simple but effective colors, I like weird kabals.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Sat Aug 03 2013, 13:51

Thanks for the comments Smile. Next to go, are probably Wyches. Or Khymeras. In a moment I'll be ordering 3 boxes of Khymeras. If their finecasts are going to be ok, and won't require sending them back, they will be another soon addition aswell Smile

Also baron needs a cape, but ohwell, if I'll hit on one relatively cheap, I'll post the effects of finalized model Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   Thu Sep 19 2013, 12:35

Long time no see ;)I finished my Khymeras, and full unit of beasts, together with some wyches. I also almost finished 3 Reaver jetbikes, but they will need a bit more work to do still. I like to keep my colors simple, so as always, I keep not to overdo with details Wink.

So here are the pics! My camera as always has the problem with red colors, making it look more pinkish, or even hard to show highlights on it. The pic where I hold one in my hand shows at least somehow proper colors on them. Oh yea, my khymeras are also magnetized with a base, for easier transportation (this way I can hold them on their side in smaller foams.) Hope you enjoy Smile

Right now I'm assembling Shadowseer, Harlequins, a farseer, and 5 Eldar jetbikes. I'll make 3 of them regular guardian jetbikes, and I'll save two of those, for Autarch/farseer on a jetbike conversions. I plan to add a Nightspinner aswell to my force before I'll add another venoms / raiders / ravagers to the army. C&C always welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sundawn   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Sundawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: