HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dino999
Slave

PostSubject: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 13:43

First off, I just have to say thank you everybody for your comments it is very refreshing to know there are still some sane folk out there in the 40k universe who play this hobby for fun.

So, Revenge... or Vengance as it is commonly known, is absolutely fantastic.

Therefore i challenged that Cheating clown to a re-match, knowing full well all of the tricks, cover ups and shenanigans that had taken place previously. First thing i did was clarify, re-state for the record, and show each and every rule that was "mistaken" in our last game so that there would be no "mistakes" this time around.
Second, i sat down and created a list simply for the purposes of painbringing. Now it wasnt optimal as most people here can clearly see, but it would do the trick.

so his solution, "hey im going to bring the apocolypse green tide formation"

and i just nodded and smiled... No more 4+ custom force field save, no night fight cover saves against my NIGHT VISION dark eldar, no "fleet" for the orks of moving, running AND then CHARGING, no 5+ for reserves to show up turn 2.

Turn 1, he sets up 130+ boyz in one squad (the Apocolypse formation), A FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION WITH ALL UPGRADES, Nob bikers, and lots of lootas (on the fortress)
I take all of my ships and line them up in an echelon left formation, charging and priming all of my splinter death weaponry...

so with 4 raiders, warriors with splinter racks, venoms with extra splinter cannon, and ravagers with desintigrator cannons, i unleashed screaming temporal doom and slayed 25-30+ boyz with each volley.
My Reaver jetbike teams with their cluster caltrops just zoomed over the lootas and left stinky, green heads tumbling accross the Fortress of redemption's battlements turn 1.

And just dancing around like pixies from hell i said HAHAHAHA to that "tidal wave" of boyz and shot them in the face. and the nobz chased my bikes like little piggy idiots that they are, going the complete opposite direction of my main force.

needless to say this guy wasnt happy, every time i did something such as Shoot his green pigs in the face he cried and whined and said cheater. that's right folks, said cheater to me for using my rules as stated in the rulebook, ie: you do not get cover saves when you are out in the open.
Also, funny story, the special weapon boyz with the rokkit launcher and big shoota at the tip of his formation simply diddnt die, funny i thought the closest models die first, oh no this boy over here is closer.

Solution... Kill 25 boyz. That should leave about a foot of open space from the rokkit boy and the regular boyz behind him so i can clearly demondstrate how he is now the CLOSEST model to my shooting death weapons laced with yummy poison.

Turn 4 i had reduced this mob to a fickle 37 boyz and i charged in with ten incubi, 20 wyches, Archon, succubus and wracks. same time.

truth hurts, maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat removed, but it still hurts.

and that was game over man, game over.

So thank you for your advice and kind words, as a marine i try to sqeeze as much relaxing enjoyment out of my hobbies as i possibly can to keep me sane and i have managed to find several new people to play that i never would have met without posting on forumns and every game has been a blast.

OBEY THE FIST!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrokColaPainting
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:26

lol, good work mate. good work :-)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:48

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 17:02

I'm not the least bit surprised that he accused you of cheating. My experience has been that people who frequently cheat (or lie) assume that everybody else does too, and often jump to that conclusion.

average joe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 17:19

I don't suppose you lost your speech impediment after you steam rolled him.
Re-re-re-Venge!
Back to top Go down
Grez90
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Mon Jun 17 2013, 22:46

Amazing, always makes me laugh when people don't like the 'closest model dies' rule, funny how even with a tape measure people still try and argue it. Think you proved that a found out cheater even with all the tools and tricks of apocalypse, is still beaten by the better player. Karma.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Tue Jun 18 2013, 01:13

CHEATER! INFIDEL!

6,000 Grey Knights
2,000 Imperial Knights
2,000 Inquisition
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Tue Jun 18 2013, 02:17

Calyptra wrote:
I'm not the least bit surprised that he accused you of cheating. My experience has been that people who frequently cheat (or lie) assume that everybody else does too, and often jump to that conclusion.

Interestingly enough, that also applies to people having affairs.

Sounds like you curb stomped him pretty good. The community as a whole is probably rejoicing.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Tue Jun 18 2013, 10:43

dino999 wrote:
Turn 4 i had reduced this mob to a fickle 37 boyz and i charged in with ten incubi, 20 wyches, Archon, succubus and wracks. same time.

Amen.

...and congratulations!
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Tue Jun 18 2013, 14:01

I'm wondering how old that person is? Too bad you have to deal with him :/
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Thu Jun 20 2013, 00:16

Nicely done, sir!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)   Thu Jun 20 2013, 02:48

Oh dear, footslogging Boyz versus Dark Eldar... it's like a shooting gallery, begging to be covered with fire from splinter cannons. Well done on your victory, nothing tastes as good as revenge upon a hated foe. Now you are truly one of the Dark Kin!

Back to top Go down

Dealing with cheaters REDUX (or should i say revenge...)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: