HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Kitting my Archon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reldn
Slave

PostSubject: Kitting my Archon.   Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:02

Hello all! Currently working on my Kabal/Coven fluff and a couple of lists. I just have a quick question regarding kitting out my Archon. I've done some research around here and have a decent idea about some things, but need a bit of armament advice.

For one list it'll be easy: Archon with Blaster in a Venom with Blaster toting Trueborns. The second? Not so much.

I know that I want to run him with 4 Incubi in a Venom and that he'll have Drugs, Shadowfield, and PGL. Weaponry however... I'm leaning towards a Venom Blade, but don't know if I should leave it with the Splinter Pistol or pair it with something else, or go with an Agonizer and pistol. Djinn Blade sounds a bit too risky and the Huskblade I hear a lot of mixed views on it.
(Also, as a note there's no one around I can play against really so I'm just looking for kind of an all comers kit.)

Any tips about armament are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I apologize if I've ended up putting this in the wrong section of the forums.
Back to top Go down
dmateja
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:22

It really depends on what you plan to do with him. The Huskblade/Soul Trap combo is good if you plan to use him against MC's or other characters. The Agonizer is better than a Venom blade against 3+ and 4+ AS foes but you have to factor in the increased cost as well. I generally don't upgrade the pistol as it doesn't see much use so usually isn't worth the extra points.
Back to top Go down
Reldn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:54

What I'd mainly want him and his Incubi to do is be able to go toe-to-toe with almost any foe and wade through them with relative ease. Though, without anyone really around that plays I'm not sure what I'd be up against, I'd hazard a guess that I would be up against Marines mainly, so, perhaps an Agonizer + Splinter Pistol would be my best bet.

Actually. If I go for Agonizer + pistol then are the combat drugs really neccessary still?
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Wed Jun 05 2013, 01:32

I would suggest the grenade launcher depending on what units you take for melee combat because some of them lack offensive grenades and will have initiative one while charging in buildings.

Huskblade Very very expensive though or a power weapon if you want to go cheaper.

Keep the splinter pistol its has greater range x2 than the Blaster pistol.

I personally like ghost plate armor, some games it comes in handy but most it doesnt.

Shadowfield of course.

and Combat Drugs for sure. Most people dont from the few DE players I have seen but I say 10 points for a gamble to get 1 of 5/6 useful buffs is nice especially at S3 or needing that backup feel no pain and so on.\

It averages to being 170 points. Get rid of the husk and its 140 or so.

Soul trap only works on IC's or MC's and from the players i have played I noticed most hide.
Back to top Go down
Reldn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Wed Jun 05 2013, 03:28

Thanks for the advice so far! For my list currently I've got my Archon kitted as follows:

PGL
Drugs
Shadowfield
Agonizer + Splinter Pistol

Still debating on Ghost Plate. A little extra survivability never hurts...
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Wed Jun 05 2013, 11:09

I used run ghost plate but find its normally an instant death situation with him so it was always wasted, i always give him haywire grenades, throwing one then assaulting a vehicle can be very handy.
For me he always has huskblade, soul trap, PGL, shadowfield, he runs with either incubi or at the moment grotesques. They boost his toughness up to 5 when being shot at and in cc when not in a challenge makes him a very tough nut to crack.
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Wed Jun 05 2013, 19:18

I like to run mine with incubi in a venom. His gear is usually huskblade or venom blade (depending on points restriction) soul trap, phantasm grenade launcher, shadowfield, drugs. Along with his 4 incubi they have ripped through some s!ufft and came out smelling like roses. With the speed of the Venom they can Sometimes even get where they are going.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Thu Jun 06 2013, 01:08

I normally run between 4-6 incubi with the archon and yes I know thats too expensive but thats what I like. I put them in a Raider with Aetherial sail's and when I use that strategy I usually have another melee, like wyches, in another raider doing the same thing. Just hope you can get as close as your can where ever your going because if your transport explodes you have a whole transport of wyches that you need to roll a D6 on to save each one.

6,000 Grey Knights
2,000 Imperial Knights
2,000 Inquisition
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kitting my Archon.   Sun Jun 09 2013, 09:41

i run my archon with husk blade, soul trap, combat drugs, PGL, ghost plate and clone field with a unit of incubi.

ive personally had more luck with the clone field over the shadow field
Back to top Go down

Kitting my Archon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: