HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Can Realspace Raids Be Commoditized?
Every Dark Eldar should have access to the thrills of a realspace raid with all the comforts of home....provided they can pay, of course.
100%
 100% [ 15 ]
Marketing realspace raids as luxury cruises is a stupid idea.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't know/have an opinion.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 01:45

Hi All:

So, I recently had a re-imagining of my Kabal. I thought about it and decided that there was a niche in the market: affordable realspace raids. The codex makes it clear that only the strongest Kabals get to enjoy the spring human hunt. That is all fine and good but Commorraghians are thrill/experience seekers to the core. I figured that enterprising individuals could easily turn an otherwise incredibly expensive/risky raid into something more manageable by marketing the raid as a space cruise.

Is this idea too asinine?

More importantly, what sorts of activities/attractions be staples of a realspace raid cruise?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 01:53

Love the idea! I could see an archon doing this then backstabbing them. Actually going through with it in good faith? not sure.
Back to top Go down
RazorDaemon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 02:19

Price of the Raid cruise could be a certain amount of heads and/or prisoners to go to the hosting Kabal, the patron would only get to keep a couple. Price for failing to meet whatever price the Archon demands, or maybe the Archon doesn't like the prisoners they presented, or maybe he is just bored...the patron's life is forfeit, the Archon gets his kills or slaves no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 06:52

Are there raffles? If there are raffles I'm in! Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 08:15

Hehehe. I think there must be some clever archons out there selling tickets to their raids and offering a free resurrection as a bargain for anyone who can pay.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 09:20

I don't think this is that unimaginable.

Look at the arenas, hundreds/thousands of Dark Eldar sat watching, sating their thirst.
The Dark Olympiad takes it even further, taking the spectators through a webway to watch the Wych Cult in action first hand.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Tue Jun 04 2013, 23:15

Mushkilla wrote:
Are there raffles? If there are raffles I'm in! Very Happy

There are, but you do need to pay to play.

My idea was to develop a system that wasn't so much a Kabalite cash cow as an alternative means to power. I envisioned Dying Sun Cruises as being a purely for-profit entity that has the feel of an Enron boardroom as opposed to a warlord's throne room. I do not think that there would be much of a need to use sticks when the entire cruise is a carrot. You probably would not need to rip anyone off either. In one stroke, you've turned a huge cost (labor) into a huge source of revenue.

Returning to one of my original questions: What would such a cruise entail? What DO Dark Eldar do while on vacation?

I would like to quote Sid Meyer's Mwabudike Morgan as my inspiration: "And when at last it is time to make the transition from mega-corporation to planetary government, from entrepreneur to emperor, it is then that the true genius of our strategy will become apparent. In former times, the energy monopoly was called the power company. We intend to give this name an entirely new meaning."

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Wed Jun 05 2013, 00:11

If you can get Tom Jones to sing on the cruise "its not unusual" im in!
Back to top Go down
RazorDaemon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Wed Jun 05 2013, 06:35

Dark_Kindred wrote:

Returning to one of my original questions: What would such a cruise entail? What DO Dark Eldar do while on vacation?

I imagine they would bring some slaves along, some for service others for personal entertainment. Depending on who all is on the cruise/vacation there may be some match fighting, possibly a tournament, don't think they'd be too concerned if there was a death in those. If they have wyches, hellions or reavers I assume they'd have them compete and just enjoy the show, just like back home, but this time from a Raider or something and likely in realspace. Some light raiding, see who racks up the most kills and prisoners seems right in there too. Lets not forget leisurely time spent doing drugs and freaky stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise   Thu Jun 06 2013, 06:37

lets see.... I picture a dark eldar vacation to be something like an archon on his pimp-mobile riding through the webway with a Disco ball hanging from the weapon racks. Along with some Eye of the Tiger playing as he watches slaves having an all out 1v1 to the death, and then the last slave is beaten to death by the archon, and then the archon decides that he wants to do something else and so he goes back to his kabal and attacks the black heart before dieing horribly.
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Pleasure Cruise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: