HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flickerfield
Slave

PostSubject: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Fri May 24 2013, 21:14

My vehicles tend to get lit up like the fourth of july and then become a blazing wreck the following turn. I was wondering if it better to turbo boost away or if no where is safe what to do. If anyone has experience in this area, I usually just continue shooting the tougher creatures/ vehicles. Flickerfields somewhat mitigate my problem so I always take them on everything hence my name. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sat May 25 2013, 00:23

My answer would twofold. First, anything with a marker light is priority one for me, the tau player at my club only has eight pathfinders, but I don't think he's ever rolled less than seven marker light hits with them against me, they make a right mess of turbo boosting reavers I tell you.

Second part of the answer is if you don't get rid of them early, then you sit down with one hand over your eyes and the other out for your opponent to pass you the dead models. Oh yeah, and try not to she'd a little tear because he's just wiped out the unit that took you three weeks to paint!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sat May 25 2013, 07:31

@Flickerfield wrote:
My vehicles tend to get lit up like the fourth of july and then become a blazing wreck the following turn.

Remember any unused markelight tokens are removed at the end of your opponents shooting phase. So if he wants to use those tokens he needs to shoot that vehicle during the same shooting phase that he fired the markerlights at them.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Flickerfield
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sat May 25 2013, 09:59

Are you serious !!!! Mad I need to read this stupid tau book and markerlight garbage then bc I have been playing it where markerlights stay on until used, I had drones stacking them on my guys I.E. Turn 3 Enemy sbooting phase, squad of 12 drones puts 3 markerlights on Talos, and nothing uses them and then on Turn 4 enemy shooting phase he used those to up his bs skill and bam 11 markerlight hits. Although he played it as the hits couldn't be used until the following shooting phase and could be used in Overwatch on my assault. At one point by games end my Venom had 18 markerlight hits unused on it. Reavers were roasted when they had 6 on them. The game ended in a tie.

My list

Archon SF VB HWG
X3 Grots +LG +raider zzz
Warriors +Venom Sc
Warriors +venom sc
Talos
Cronos
Ravager
X6 reavers x2 heat lance

His list was mostly

Commander with iridium armor etc x2 shield drones
Hammer head
12 markerlight drones
Riptide barebones
Sniper drone squad
X10 kroot
X8 firewarriors

Purge the alien
Vanguard
Combat drugs: hypex

Highlights

I got 1st turn

Murdered his hammerhead and 6/8 fire warriors in the opening salvo

His 1st turn

Glanced venom
7marker light hits
My 2nd turn

4 wounds on riptide

His 2

Goodbye ravager raider venom and 4 warriors

More marker light hits

Eventually his hq kills mine with a s10 ap1 can't use los rule after my sf fails.

The cronos goes on to murder so so so much in 6 turns with his vortex and syphon, killed 9 kroot, 2 fw, 5 markerlight drones, 7 sniper drones absorbed so much.

Best moment goes to kabalite warriors squad of 4 killing his leader...........

I think I'm going to go make this battle report now....... the fustration of ....I hate markerlightS.

And typing out long rants through my phone.

Back to top Go down
rotforge
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sat May 25 2013, 10:08

yes please, definitely do the battle rep!

darthken239
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sun May 26 2013, 11:37

you can't stop them but you cantry and negate them as quickly as possible

this has worked for me. the old fashioned "raider rush" backed up by 2 units of 6 reavers with HL's and cluster caltrops.

2 units of 10 warriors in a raider with FF, TGL and Splinter Racks.
1st turn these 4 units move forward the 12", remembering to keep the fire lanes open for the rest of your force. once everything has shot, turbo boost the raiders as close as you can and try to make as big a -1 Ld bubble as you can or pick units you hope can be pinned . then turbo boost the reaver's through the target unit. you only need to get 1 wound through with the CC's to cause a pinning test at -1 to Ld.

2 games against Tau and in both ive pinned his unit of pathfinder's, and killed enough of them with bladvanes to negate their effectiveness.

and if my ravagers stopped shooting paper spit balls i wouldn't even give my reavers HL's

It's not a full proof plan by any means, but it has worked for me. and can be adjusted to pick on any unit you find annoying, just watch out for those fearless, can't be pinned units.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sun May 26 2013, 14:34

@Flickerfield wrote:
Are you serious !!!! Mad I need to read this stupid tau book and markerlight garbage then bc I have been playing it where markerlights stay on until used, I had drones stacking them on my guys I.E. Turn 3 Enemy sbooting phase, squad of 12 drones puts 3 markerlights on Talos, and nothing uses them and then on Turn 4 enemy shooting phase he used those to up his bs skill and bam 11 markerlight hits. Although he played it as the hits couldn't be used until the following shooting phase and could be used in Overwatch on my assault.

No wonder you were having a tough time!

It always amazes me how badly some players don't know their own codex. You would have thought a Tau player would have a core codex mechanic like markerlights down pat. But apparently not.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   Sun May 26 2013, 15:33

I got on here to type that same thing mush. How can a tau player not know that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?   

Back to top Go down

What do you do when your vehicles Are markerlighted?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: