HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Maybe I missed something...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blank05
Hellion

PostSubject: Maybe I missed something...   Wed May 22 2013, 06:11

I've been prowling around the dark streets of our beloved city here and I feel like I may have missed something. Now I apologize to the Mods if this is in the wrong forum ahead of time.

From the current rumour mill, what effect, if any, will this new 'dex have on our current 'dex?

Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I missed something...   Wed May 22 2013, 06:51

Gunna move this to Discussion, rather than News and Rumour.

Having said that, the answer is nada, most likely. From what I have seen so far (and let's be realistic here, no one knows what they are talking about 100% yet), there will be no change to Harlies, which are the only cross-over unit between the two books

But while our codex will not be affected, we will gain some nice new allied capabilities without having to rely on some other, vastly inferior race.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I missed something...   Wed May 22 2013, 07:47

And perhaps a more descriptive title and the mentioning of Eldar somewhere in your post would also be better. Smile

As for the new Eldar codex, it's way to early to discuss it IMHO. We' ll have to wait and see...

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I missed something...   Wed May 22 2013, 09:11

The Eldar release mean a lot, more than any normal release as Eldar will change the meta of course; then there is of course the fact they are our battle brothers - I'm going to view them as an extension of our codex.

Let's wait two weeks and then we can see.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Spiney Norman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I missed something...   Wed May 22 2013, 18:21

@Gobsmakked wrote:
Gunna move this to Discussion, rather than News and Rumour.

Having said that, the answer is nada, most likely. From what I have seen so far (and let's be realistic here, no one knows what they are talking about 100% yet), there will be no change to Harlies, which are the only cross-over unit between the two books

But while our codex will not be affected, we will gain some nice new allied capabilities without having to rely on some other, vastly inferior race.

I would agree, by the looks of the release rumours, Dark Eldar will still remain one of the better choices for taking on our craftworld cousins. The Eldar flyer is unlikely to have particularly heavy armour, so it should be well within the range of our anti-vehicle capabilities, we are possibly the best positioned army to take down high-toughness MCs with a hundred and one ways of getting poisoned shooting/CC attacks so the wraith knight should be easy points for our splinter weapons.

Conversely if shuriken weapons are getting a boost vs armour that is unlikely to effect us much (excepting Incubi), not knowing exactly what the D-scythe does is a slightly unknown quantity, and psychic powers could also be a potential problem, but all in all I'm fairly confident we won't have too many issues fighting against the craftworlders (well, no more than we do already).

On the flip side there is the possibility of using craftworlders as battle brothers for us, which could be very exciting, for example if the Jetfighter does turn out to be the latest AA demon I can see those being popular, especially as it would free up our HS slots for more ravagers/pain engines, and the wraith knight is another very attractive option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I missed something...   

Back to top Go down

Maybe I missed something...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: