HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Wed May 18 2011, 09:20

Okay I'm not the best painter in the world, but at a recient tournie I got a 11.3 out of 15 (I think), so under a checklist sytem they seem pretty good, anyways here are some pics of a 2K army I took

as best of an army shot as I can do

showing the scourges (cant wait for the new models) and the wracks

Incubi, Archon and warriors in the background

wyches and small blaster squad

dissie max and wrack raider

4 objectives

solo shot of my archon

first haemmie, I have two but can't find a photo of the other one

Anyways there is my army so far, I'm working on having 4 blaster squads (3 with hair, 1 with helmits) and giving all the warrior squads different hair colours, like on the objectives. I want 15 raiders (4 warrior ones, 1 HQ one, 4 wyche ones and 5 coven ones) 4 ravagers, 2 fighters, 1 bomber, 2 talos and 1 cronos. so there is still alot of painting to be done, I'll be doing some work on my warriors this weekend, so there should be an update
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Wed May 18 2011, 15:17

It looks like a really good and effective scheme I really like the shaded blue armour.

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Thu May 19 2011, 03:37

I like the "wings" on the black raider.

What did you use for the Scourge wings?

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Thu May 19 2011, 07:32

thanks guys, the scourge wings are just gargoyle wings, I was worried they would be too large, but they fit fine, as they were just a stand in I didn't do much to make themfit, just glue them where ever they would look the best, but they worked, so happy accident
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Fri May 20 2011, 04:40

Awesome blue paint scheme. It's refreshing to see an army that doesn't have a lot of black.
Back to top Go down
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sun May 22 2011, 12:58

Okay I promised an update this weekend, and while I did zero work on my warriors, I did do some work on something else, it's not finished, but here is what I've done so far

So I'm doing abit of freehand testing on this one, but I think it looks good, so I'll do it on some raiders once I get some time, and my warriors are all painted
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sun May 22 2011, 21:30

I hate you. That venom looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Mon May 23 2011, 20:19

The venom looks much better from that angle, good work!
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Mon May 23 2011, 21:26

Jealous I have to wait till the venom actually come out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Mon May 23 2011, 22:03

I'm not sure, while I like the general painting scheme I am not very fond of how you have used the washes, especially on the larger plains (such as the venom). It makes it feel a bit dirty, I would say you should instead do layering. But the freehand is very good.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Fri May 27 2011, 07:31

Hehe, well if it makes you feel any better I can't use it untill I get it back from my local, but cheers for the com'liments

@Saintspirit wrote:
I'm not sure, while I like the general painting scheme I am not very fond of how you have used the washes, especially on the larger plains (such as the venom). It makes it feel a bit dirty, I would say you should instead do layering. But the freehand is very good.

See, I said I'm very good at the whole painting thing, I get a scheme that is quick and looks okay and roll with it, granted I started this with infantry and it does work better there, maybe if you gave me a tuturiol or atleast linked me to one I could try it out (though I'm abit far gone with this army)

anyways here is the venom finished to be displayed in my local (but then it's all mine)

I might sdo some work on warriors this week, but I doubt it. I've done rather large maelstom order (battleforce, 40 zombies, minotaurs, rat orges) plus a pre order (scourges, talos) so there is abit of building to do from that, oh and a grey knight army becasue it's easier to move around then my DE
Back to top Go down
killfrenzy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Fri May 27 2011, 10:15

I'd recommend a steadier hand on the designs you're painting on the vehicles. You could try highlighting the designs a little as well to make them pop just that little bit more.

I'm outrageously jealous that you got the Venom so early.

Evil or Very Mad

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sat May 28 2011, 11:41

I actually kinda like the dirty look the dark wash is giving to these vehicles. The only problem is how the shape gets lost a little bit. I think they would look great with a bit of highlighting along the edges.

And man that venom is tiny! I am going to love hiding those things behind terrain and other models. Smile

Nice color scheme adreal. Teal and tan is original and quite effective.

As for the freehand designs, I also have trouble keeping a steady hand. But I have a little experience at it now, so it does get easier.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sun May 29 2011, 00:43

Well good news is that as of right now I have 7 vechiles and 6 bikes to work on my freehanding skills (steady hand) with another 12 vechiles planned. So while the fereehand on the venom could be better, for a first attempt it looks okay(ish)

but cheers for the feedback, the freehand is regal blue, if I went with a highlight, would just a dab of white mixed with the regal blue be good enough, or would a lighter shade (say ultramarines) be the way to go??

Also I've made my last haemmonculus out of a forge world renagade psyker (the one with arms outstretched) but no photo's untill he is painted, and with winter coming on, he might wait untill summer. Though soon I will have all my models for my coven army (or almost), so coven conversions are up as my next project (more wracks, new scourges, converted grots, coven archon, 4 new raiders, 2 talos and a chronus), but waiting on orders
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sun May 29 2011, 03:30

Your teal is pretty bright, so I'm thinking the highlight will need to be at least 1:1 white to regal blue, maybe even 2:1. White absorbs dark colors like blue, so it can take more than expected to make a dark color into a light one,

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   Sun Jun 12 2011, 06:09

Well I have an update.......

raiders freehand, some of it I'm happy with, some of it I'm not

started on some scourges

and a cronos

did some hair squad markings (big deal over in the aus tournie scene)

and built me a talos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight   

Back to top Go down

Raiding Party of The Eternal Unlight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-