HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Wed May 08 2013, 20:42

So time to expand my small DE host. I have come up with three possible deals.
But I can only choose one of theese.
What would you do?

I am looking for most fun army to play with and against, but still being able to face most opponents.
I dont know much of local meta, as i play very few games, but the guy I face most has space marines, grey knights
and chaos space marines. He also has tyranids, but he dose not like thier current rules so wont use them much.

First though this is what i have.
10 warriors (could b 2x5)
10 wyches (will be using 2x5) and allways haywire grenades
1 raider
3 reavers with blaster
5 hellions

So what I plan on getting
Deal one
5 wracks
1 Venom
1 talos
1 heami
the coven deal, will end up with a 750p army. Wyches in raider, wracks in venom.
Talos with twin haywire and liquiguns.

Deal 2
5 Scourges
Venom
Talos
Heami
Succubus
coven light, one more HQ, and the wonderous scourges, love the models!
Will be giving them 2 haywire guns. Will give me a 900p army

Deal 3
5 Scourges
1 Razorwing
1 Heami
1 Succubus
1 Venom
So a flier instead of talos, would end up at around 950p

So for me they are all nice lists and deals, first one gets me less, but still costs alot thanks to the wracks.
The other 2 are also expensive and right on the budget, but gives me more points to play games with.

What would you choose and why?
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Wed May 08 2013, 22:28

I'm thinking deal one, but that's because i don't rate Scourges!
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Wed May 08 2013, 23:47

Deal 1 would be my choice as well. Has more usable units in it.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 03:12

If you want to play larger games you would need more transports and heavy support.
Just adding squads doesn't make a larger army, dynamics change, more shooting on the field - easier to kill our squshies.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 09:35

It's not just for larger games, even in smaller games, maybe especially in smaller games you need your troops and heavy supports.

What I see so far is more of a model oriented army, fun army for sure, but honestly not effective at all. You'll lose most of your battles, unless your opponent is being kind, him being your friend. However most guys will eat you up. Dark Eldar are not a forgiving army.

I would mix up the deals, I don't see one single deal that's 100% good, but a combi would make on good one.

Scourges, cool models for sure, but nowhere a priority before a talos, razorwing or a ravager, not even a cronos. If you never buy them it's not a problem either; I got them, but frankly I don't use them, we've got much better units. I'm more of a painter than gamer, I had to get the models.

Heamonculus, wracks, venom are fine, but raiders are the better transports.

A succubus isn't really needed, heamonculus is fine as a HQ, archon is an HQ for the bigger games, there hardly is a game where you'll really need a succubus.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 09:55

None of those deals look too good. I think you are better off buying the battleforce, two raiders, and some ravagers. That gives you (combined with what you have:

4 troops with transports
6 reavers
1 ravagers
5 hellions

Those deals above will just give you a non functional pick and mix army. Unfortunately. What's the price of the deals anyway? Like I said you might be better off with a battle force and some more transports.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 14:54

The price for all The deals are about 1000 Swedish krona or close go 90 English pounds.
I have full Army that I am aiming go get. This is the second step on the way. So both hellions and reavers will End up 10&6. I could go for a raider instead or venom. But my mind is that both wyches will be in a venom aswell as 5 wracks. But I dont want to spend everything on 3 venoms. As I want to paint a little of everything. I guess deal one is the best list wise of the three. Next step would be another hs, hellions, a second venom and reavers.
The battleforce is great. But I dont have any use for 10 more wyches. I can find use for the warriors, But I find other stuff more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 15:44

2 battleforces, 3 ravagers, and an archon gives you a fuctioning 1500pt army...

Personally I dont like either of those, as they are really random additions

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice   Thu May 09 2013, 17:19

It's more that I want a semi Coven list, with some wychcult elements. So not go many warriors or trueborn.
I Will ad 4grots on a raider for a succubus. All in a nice raider.
So eveything I want to make my list complete the army at 1750 ( damn this phone for wanting go write swedish al the time!)

Succubus
3 venoms
Wracks
4 grots
Scorges
Hellions
Reavers
Talos
Razorwing
Ravager
Raider(one box of each)

That would give me the army that I want in the end.
However... Deal 4! :-) might taste a little better for you.

Reavers
Raider
Ravager/talos
Heami.
Back to top Go down

Expanding the host, 3 deals one choice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion