HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred

Go down 
AuthorMessage
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Mon May 06 2013, 11:02

hello. this will be my log on my take of the kabal of the last hatred. originally i stuck to the original scheme, black with purple highlights, but since mixing mr aqueous color metallic red and blue green together i managed to create metallic purple. i decided that metallic purple will be the main colour of my kabal. you can have a look at the photos yourself if you wonder.

my trueborn are the 5th edition warriors with blue lines on the purple base. with bronze shoulders.

the archon.
Any tips on how to make these guys look even more visually appealing while showing a sort of malevolence in their colours?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Mon May 06 2013, 18:41

pics arent great, but i like the army, along with the rustic colours on the vehicles. May i say that you could paint their bases, and possibly some highlights?
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Tue May 07 2013, 02:32

@Lord_Alino wrote:
pics arent great, but i like the army, along with the rustic colours on the vehicles. May i say that you could paint their bases, and possibly some highlights?

im looking to find a highlight colour that would not destroy the metallic purple colour i created for the warriors. i have xereus purple and naggaroth night, plus leviathan purple wash that i managed to get the last pot of from my local hobby store. to create a highlight colour should i just add a tiny bit of white into the original colour for the warriors? or just get another different purple colour?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Tue May 07 2013, 03:52

@harry5518 wrote:
i have xereus purple and naggaroth night, plus leviathan purple wash that i managed to get the last pot of from my local hobby store. to create a highlight colour should i just add a tiny bit of white into the original colour for the warriors? or just get another different purple colour?

You could try adding a light grey instead of white to avoid making the purple highlights too overly bright. I use Administratum Grey ( I think, it is whatever grey replaced Fortress Grey)as a final highlight, though my purple is more of a eggplant to magenta progression.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Wed May 08 2013, 10:08

hello dudes. i highlighted every last hatred warrior i had with a lighter version of the base colour, have a look for yourself and tell me what you think. plus i have 5 old figures that i didnt particularly want to add to my kabal, so i used them for an experiment with paint schemes.

Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Wed May 08 2013, 10:24

im also considering maybe repainting my warriors or stripping them of paint and starting again by adding a almost black purple metallic base, then adding dark purple, then adding lighter purple.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Wed May 08 2013, 17:27

you probably don't need to strip them. Doing a dark wash would likely accomplish the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Thu May 09 2013, 07:05

@Silverglade wrote:
you probably don't need to strip them. Doing a dark wash would likely accomplish the same thing.

I agree with this statement, as stripping them would take a bit of time to, and washing them in something like Drakenhof Nightshade should accomplish it
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Thu May 09 2013, 07:51

i have leviathan purple and drakenhoft nightshade

im still torn between keeping them as they are and just improving on them or just darkening them and then getting to a more correct colour scheme according to the offical colours for the last hatred.
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Thu May 09 2013, 11:07

after washing all my figures with nuln oil wash (black wash i believe) i managed to get them like this:
and i made a few new warriors and gave them a coat of imperial primer, then added purple metallic highlights to some of them.

Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Mon May 13 2013, 15:02

i highlighted most of my kabalites with mr metallic color GX metal violet, its solvent based so its not like water based paints like citadel, stuff made me slightly feel a bit off while being exposed to them, but the color is worth it.

Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Update   Sat Jul 13 2013, 10:23

hello. its been a while since i updated this blog. i have a few new additions to the kabal, with the archon (new model) and wyches complete.

[/url]

i have no name for the archon of the last hatred yet, i still have to come up with one. Smile
Back to top Go down
harry5518
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   Sat Jul 13 2013, 11:05

came up with a name for my archon, Surath Uriththan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred   

Back to top Go down

my take on the Kabal Of The Last Hatred
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-