HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dark Eldar Defences

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Dark Eldar Defences   Wed May 01 2013, 22:05

I decided to start a new thread about this cause I'm treating it more as a one off project and I'm not sure whether I'll be painting it for my Coven or Cult forces.

My biggest complaint about most Dark Eldar Quad Gun conversions I've seen is that either they are way to over the top or they clearly look like a slap dash gluing of random parts. I wanted mine to be functional, make sense and clearly have the Dark Eldar aesthetic.

It's made from a Eldar Support Weapon chassis, a Dark Eldar Ravager sponson and some sliced and diced Dark Lances, Heat Lances and Disintegrators. Some Raider trophy spikes and Talos sensor spikes were added to complete the DE feel.

Next up Defence Lines!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Wed May 01 2013, 22:10

OMG! I was planning to do something similar but using some Bright Lance Turrets from Forgeworld on the sides.

Very Nicely Done!
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Wed May 01 2013, 22:24

Nice job - that must have emptied the old bits box Very Happy

I'm both jealous and inspired by that

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Wed May 01 2013, 23:10

Love it. Gotta give it a try. I have so many spare dark lance bits and guardian weapon platforms lying around. Great post.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 01:32

Cool Stuff.

I have to say that you've inspired me to dig through my bitz box to see what cool defensive gun emplacements that I can concoct.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 01:32

Yup, awesome sauce here. I like the bulk of it; it retains a functional look that is truly nice Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 09:04

Love it!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 09:14

Great work, looks very well built and designed! Will you be making defense line for it as well?
Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 10:52

Looks good, but I'm not really to keen on the support platform part, just doesn't seem to mesh thoroughly for me.
While looking at it the idea did come to me of cutting off the platforms forward wings, leaving the interior circle area and the rear that you turned to the front, then splicing in either the back end of the Venom, or maybe the rear end of a Reaver.

Also I think you might be a good person to ask about this, and can maybe give it a try for me before I actually do it myself. I thought of reversing the color scheme of my Kabal for the vehicles. since mine are supposed to be stealth type urban warfare guerrillas, a smoke screen would be appropriate on the vehicle itself. So my idea was to paint the vehicle in gray, and possibly using some stretched out cotton balls or something similar, mesh them really tight to the hull, spray it black, allow it to dry and then peel away the cotton.

I can definitely think of one drawback to this process and that will be loose cotton hairs still being stuck to the model, so maybe I should peel the cotton away while it's wet, so as to have less sticking, and if it smears a bit I doubt it would make a big difference overall.

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 12:56

As usual all your work si fantastic.

I am actually working on a simulare Quad Gun on platform. But thats for my Eldar force. Not made anything for DE yet as I have only fielded ADL and Quad gun with them once.

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 16:27

Thanks everyone for the compliments, yes I will be making defense lines. I'm working out the details for that now.

@Synn. I certainly foresee a painty cotton mess with that technique. I would say try it out on a test model first to see if it works. Like an old tank or something junky.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 16:30

The gun set up looks great. I think you have a winner there.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   Thu May 02 2013, 22:14

this is the best thing i have seen in dark eldar history since your dais conversion -tears-

also, how would the new raider side armour look as defense lines after some chopping and greenstuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Defences   

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Defences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: