HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Well, I got my uglies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Well, I got my uglies   Fri Apr 26 2013, 03:49

I received my lot of OOP DE in the mail today. I love those ugly things and they will be on the field. I was so excited and the I opened it. The ravagers were just thrown in there with no protection. Everything else was in ziplocks. Pieces were broken and limbs were snapped off, it was a gruesome scene. Nothing I can't fix but still, it makes me sad. I will be painting these up in the coming weeks so be prepared for the ugly.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:02

They're not ugly, well painted any mini looks good. If you're a fan of oldschool Dark Eldar, I suggest you google my Kabal ,the Dark Moon Kabal.

I know too well the joy of transporting dark eldar, I ordered a lot through ebay, protection or not, it as very rare for the stuff to arrive unbroken. This is bad though, no protection for models, I would report a complain for sure.

They're OOPS maybe, but they easily found and affordable, only a few of the old minis are still sold at expensive prices, like the talos, it still seems to be very popular.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Talos
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:14

The new sculpts are fantastic, well sculpted and they have a lot of nice looking details.
However I prefer the aesthetics of the old range more, they jut looked more evil and nightmarish, filled with spikes and blades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 04:51

I still stand by, almost across the line, a preference for the old models.

The new Lelith is still awesometacular though.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 04:53

The whole range of the new one are lovely. I just like having ugly things. Keeps ya honest.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 06:06

Honestly, the old Drahzar is super nifty.

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat Apr 27 2013, 16:39

Draz, Vect, and the Talos were probably the nicest sculpts in the original line.

Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sun Apr 28 2013, 02:53

First set of warriors has primmer on and I am waiting on them to dry before preshading and base. woooo
Back to top Go down
leinmann
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Mon Apr 29 2013, 03:19

at least half of my army is made up of the old range, but all of my vehicles and reavers are old school (tbh i just haven't gotten round to adding to them yet but hey who). my fave model has to be the female archon, followed by the talos. i think the new range is great too though, but there'll always be a place in my heart and army for the old minis.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Mon Apr 29 2013, 11:41

I like to new range way better than the old ones.

The Wyches are lightyears ahead of the old Wyches. So are the Warriors. Was a huge fan of the old Talos (was in fact the model that got me into 40k back then), but I even like the Talos better. All the coven stuff has been vastly improved.

The only models I didn't immediatly loved were the Raider/Ravagers and the Incubi, which is all about silhouettes. Even though in fluff DE are often compared to pirates I didn't want flying boats, but more advanced sleek designs (like the Venom and Razorwing) but it grew on me. Now I like the look of my sails on the tabletop though... And the Incubi reminded me too much of deamons. If I wanted deamons I would've picked up that army. I was a huge fan of the old Incubi models, but I'm glad we got rid of the weird helmets.

Good luck painting the OOP range. Looking forward to it.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Mon Apr 29 2013, 12:44

Good luck with the old models but personally I don't like them at all and the new range are far, far better in every way in my humble opinion.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Mon Apr 29 2013, 16:24

The current beastmaster is ugly lol and feels kind of cheap, the old ones is better,cooler armor, cooler weapon. I really feel something missing on the Beastmaster, the hellion board couldnt be a lot better too.

Incubi; their armor is boring frankly, close to exactly the same as the warriors, very lame if you ask me, their horns are just wtf no, bad boy GW! The old incubi, had custom made armor, nobody else had that armor, similar to some dark elf armors, but still unique incubi armor. Helmet was uber cool, I've been thinking about maybe cutting some heads too to give to some new incubi, I wish the new incubi had really kept this feature. As far as weapons, both are very cool.

Wyches, ignoring the old weirdly shaped body, models were pretty ok, I prefer the old weapons to the new ones. Take the impaler, weridly, a new range, yet it's very simple and ugly frankly, the old one was awesome.
The old wyches had more skin : (. The new ones feel more like assassins, the old ones really had that gladiator look, I would have prefered the new ones to be similar, but with better bodies.
The old wyches had bigger boobies ><.

Reavers, old ones were better, just so many scythes,spikes and blades . Very oldfashioned, felt very pirate like, like the would come from some kind of high tech mad max universe. The new ones feel very eldar like, not enough blades, not mean looking, at least not enough.

as far as raider, I enjoy both, but the old ones had infinite number of conversion possiblities, very few took advantage of those. The new ones are cool, but they're a bit smaller, though design is very cool.
Combining both gives great results.

Same as the raider, the old warriors, if converted could look amazing, I do admit though that regular warriors, with few conversion didn't look that good, but the range was very old, yet very advanced when their first came out.

The old mandrakes have some similarrities with the current wyches, I think that eventually I'll start counting them as wyches. The new ones are very awesome, no arguing there.

warriors, scourges, got better, most heamonculus stuff looks better, though talos and odl heamonculus are still used by most. The old talos is very populr on ebay, I even admit I find it a better version of a cronos, compared to the current cronos. The old wracks sucked completely compared the new stuff.

AS far as Beasts, new Khymera are cool, but a lil bit too big, they should be a smaller or have better stats (more wounds in particular), they're close to the size of the Clawed fiend, yet their stats say they're a lot weaker. They make the old beasts look like cats, the new ones would be tigers.

AS far as
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat May 04 2013, 13:32

These guys are hitting the field in a couple of hours. Can the uglies keep the tabling streak alive?
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat May 04 2013, 22:21

The uglies got the job done. Tabled on turn 4.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sat May 11 2013, 22:14

@Talos wrote:

The new sculpts are fantastic, well sculpted and they have a lot of nice looking details.
However I prefer the aesthetics of the old range more, they jut looked more evil and nightmarish, filled with spikes and blades.

This. I don't like the old metals much, but I still think the plastic warriors are fine. Yes, the new ones are technically better and more detailed, but it's not a look I'm as keen on.

I just got 45 of the OOP Kabalites the other day myself. I may try using some of the new range as Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got my uglies   Sun May 12 2013, 02:19

The Warriors are actually the one part of the new range I rather like...well, them and the Hellions, the Hellions are pretty sweet too. But the old Warriors still look excellent and I like mixing and matching the two ranges.

I actually think they mix well and don't look off from each other.

Unlike most of the other stuff.

Back to top Go down

Well, I got my uglies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: