Share | 

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Fri Oct 27 2017, 15:40

You can also use 'gum/paste' (don't know the english word, the thing you can put on and out as you please) before undercoating (& basing with aero) on those specific parts.

Remove after the paint is dry and voila !

If already painted, another hint I use not so often is to add a thin (water diluted, 1/3 water) on the to be glued parts. Helps keeping the paint together and add more effect on the glue. I'm always using this before painting metallic models.

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Sun Oct 29 2017, 19:08

Thanks both! I will make sure I use an appropriate glue (prob will be superglue). It is not something I had considered, so I am grateful for your advice Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Tue Dec 05 2017, 22:19

Forgive me, for I have sinned. It has been too long since me last confession.

On a good note though, I am finally painting some Dark Eldar again! My last post I showed a few venoms in a various state of disrepair. I had my local club tournament recently and I wanted to take my Dark kin. I managed to somehow win the touney against some tough opponents, and this inspired me to get cracking La Danse Macabre again, filling in some holes that had appeared since the launch of 8th ed. I have alwyas planned to do more venoms, and now was the opportunity to do so. With Dark eldar, it is the vehicles that stay on the table for most of the game, with the troops just die,barking to grab objectives or when they explode, so I decided to prioritise the vehicles over the infantry (although I do need to do some of them pretty pronto, especially some blasterborn).

I dont have a finished pic to show you, but below are a couple of wip shots of the venom I am working on at present. The first is a pic of the yellow blemdimg. I am really chuffed with how it has come out. The blemdimg just worked really well, amd the depth of the colour has me rather pleased. I chose black for the other main colour on the chassis, and this has had a few choice splodges added for some visual interest (and cos I think they look kinda neat). Finally 2 purple hearts complement the yellow nicely, and add a little interest to the front end. Tonight I have also completed blending and hghlighting the red, and although in the pic it looks a little blotchy, this all clears up when the first coat of gloss varnish is applied.

I hope tomget this one completed pretty soon, and then get working on the crew (not sure yet whether to go for just the pilot & gunner, or have the 2 side ones as well, which is what I have done on my other 2 venoms)

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Tue Dec 05 2017, 23:32

Love your work! I showed my friend this project log when I was trying to convince her to get into the hobby

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Wed Dec 06 2017, 08:48

@RedRegicide hey thanks very much, that is a massive compliment! Smile

I hope to get more stuff on here again, as I am feeling pretty inspired to do more to the Danse Macabre. I have a Ravager, another venom, 5 bladterborn and 5 Incubi on the to do list in the near future, so plenty to keep me busy Smile

Did your friend get into the hobby in the end?

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre   Wed Dec 06 2017, 11:42

Still working her over. She said she’ll probably never play. But she loves painting them and last night she asked to watch a batrep. I’m gonna get her tzeentch start collecting and see where it goes from there

Harlequin Carnival - La Danse Macabre
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: