HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Dark Eldar for a beginner.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sat Mar 09 2013, 23:52

Well, not a total noob. I have about 2000 of Templar, and I want something very different. Therefore, I have turned to you wonderful Xenos players. At the moment, I'm looking at a simple, fun, low model count army, somewhere in the range of 500 points. I'm not looking for uber competitiveness, but more for cool models with cool rules. What would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sun Mar 10 2013, 01:31

Fun, Nifty Rules, Low Model count.

hmm...

Here's a shot at a Haemonculus Coven. My reasoning is that Arcane wargear is nifty.

Haemy 70
+ [20 points of arcane wargear, maybe 10 and upgrade the Groetesques a bit]

4 Grotesques 150
+ Liquifier Gun
+ Raider 60

5 Wyches 60
+ Haywire Grenades
+ Venom 55

Talos (Or Cronos with a Spirit Vortex) 105
+ Twin Linked Liquifier Gun

When modelling Groetesques your best bet is to purchase Chaos Spawn and use extra masks and mad science bits from a talos kit to make them suitably Dark Eldary.

So, that's 1 Monstrous Critter, 10 infantry, and 2 vehicles. Too many models?

It would probably be more competetive to replace the Talos with a Ravager, or to use Wracks instead of Groetesques. The Wyches and Venom could be replaced by 10 warriors on foot if you wanted to keep costs down.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sun Mar 10 2013, 01:41

Cost wise the wyches aren't an issue, but I think warriors are cooler. I like the sound of the rest though, especially the Talos. As for Wracks, I'll take a look at the chaos spawn, and see which I prefer looks wise. I'm want something that looks cool more than anything.
Back to top Go down
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sun Mar 10 2013, 01:57

Hmm. I can't seem to edit my post. I just purchased a lot of Warriors from a trusted EBay Seller, and I'll see about the Haemonculus when I go to the LGS tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sun Mar 10 2013, 15:39

@GKP wrote:
Hmm. I can't seem to edit my post. I just purchased a lot of Warriors from a trusted EBay Seller, and I'll see about the Haemonculus when I go to the LGS tomorrow.

Are you using an IPAD or a smart phone? If so make sure you are viewing the "normal" version of the site and not the "mobile version". You should be able to edit posts then. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Sun Mar 10 2013, 15:50

I see. I was using the mobile site. I'll keep that in mind. Regardless, can I just say how cool the Talos is? I'm looking foward to having him in my new army. Also, as a Kabal name, the Kabal of the Driven Lamentation? Color scheme of mostly white with purple details?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar for a beginner.   Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:16

The second post Here should help you. Its a relatively cheap and effective list that allows you to see the basic way that Dark Eldar play. From there you have a ton of options to customize your list and tailor it more to your playstyle. I hope that helps.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar for a beginner.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: