HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Charging from behind an Aegis defense line

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tasnyder
Slave

PostSubject: Charging from behind an Aegis defense line   Sun Feb 24 2013, 22:19

I'm planning on taking an aegis defense line, to be manned (in the first turns) by a succubus, because the BS. If the succubus charges from the aegis defense line (which is cover) does she strike at initiative 1?

I understand the benefits of the ADL, but seriously, if you can't charge from it at normal initiative, am I just supposed to wait to get charged?
Pretty sure I'm missing a basic rule here, but I read the relevant sections of the 40k rulebook, and I'm dissapointed on this.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Charging from behind an Aegis defense line   Mon Feb 25 2013, 00:08

it is cover, same as a barricade or wall and counts as battlefield debris making it difficult terrain (p104). Bikes even have to take a dangerous terrain check to cross it. (p45)

@tasnyder wrote:
I understand the benefits of the ADL, but seriously, if you can't charge from it at normal initiative, am I just supposed to wait to get charged?.

It is a defensive measure, so yes. You are supposed to wait there to get charged. Not something our army particularly excels at.

Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Charging from behind an Aegis defense line   Mon Feb 25 2013, 00:16

Just remember all wyches have assault grenades so you will strike in initiative order with the Succubus!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Charging from behind an Aegis defense line   Mon Feb 25 2013, 08:40

@Massaen wrote:
Just remember all wyches have assault grenades so you will strike in initiative order with the Succubus!

This. Plasma grenades make all your troubles go away. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down

Charging from behind an Aegis defense line
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: