HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Fri May 03 2013, 12:31

40K Global blog wrote:
Apparently, when bitten by a cat, you should push your hand further into its mouth rather than pulling away, the reason being that the feline maw lacks teeth at its rearmost portion and pushing will make it gag and release.

Thanks for the hint Very Happy

Anyways. Great painting as always, and I will be sure to check that place out again some time.
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon May 06 2013, 19:39

Hi guys!

Well i’ve finished off my Razorwing Jetfighter with a scenic semi-diorama base.

I’ve used a wounded Death Korps of Kreig mini and one of my cloaked Kabalite warrior conversions to set a scene.

The Kreigster is pleading for mercy while the Kablite moves in to finish him off slowly.

I magnetised the missiles which I may give another small wash as i’ve realised only the bits you can see are well painted (the bits close to the underside are a bit sloppy/needing a wash). I magnetised them more so I can keep track of when used than to swap in other missile types.

I also magnetised the main guns so I can swap in Disintegrators.

Hope you like the finished Jet!

I borrowed the scheme for the Kreigster from this thread, credit where it is due! ... http://theoverlordsforum.freeforums.org/post24305.html#p24305

Cheers

Chris

Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon May 06 2013, 19:46

I like it! the base is awesome too!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue May 07 2013, 11:04

Interesting scheme you've got going here. A good looking army, and done so quickly!

You could run Reavers as EJBs; magnetising the weapon underneath is easy peasy.

I'm surprised you game at the Overlords, isn't there a club based, IIRC, somewhere around Euston that's closer? East London seems a bit of a trek to me. Smile Do you ever play at Brent Creche?

Any cool plans, besides walks on the 'Heath? afro , for the army?
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon May 13 2013, 11:38

@darkmark wrote:

I'm surprised you game at the Overlords, isn't there a club based, IIRC, somewhere around Euston that's closer? East London seems a bit of a trek to me. Smile Do you ever play at Brent Creche?

Any cool plans, besides walks on the 'Heath? afro , for the army?

I played at the Overlords partly because Carl from the Independent Characters Podcast was playing there that day and i've been throwing up my content on their hobby challenge thread also.

I haven't really attended any clubs much before but if you know good local ones I'm open to new places... never heard of the Brent Creche.

Um, i'm not sure the Heath is a good place for gaming, I don't want to bumo into a randy George Micheal when i'm playing 40k!

I am playing in a localinsh tournament at the end of May at Titans Finchley though.

Cheers

Chris

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon May 13 2013, 11:38

Hi Guys,

Just a small bit of WIP, nothing finished to report on at the moment.

Here’s my Ravager well under way.

I’ve magnetised the gun pods as I intend for it to be usable as a Raider (at some point in the future I’ll magnetise some boarding planks for where the gun pods go).

And a zoom out and you seem some Scourges I’ve started on... I’ve decided that a ten man unit with 4 Haywire Blasters with Prescience from a nearby Farseer might be a comedy way to punk a Landraider in turn 1 – probably not point efficient but it’ll be funny if it ever works, well for me at least.

Cheers

Chris

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Wed May 15 2013, 09:08

Nah, didn't expect you to go cottaging with George! affraid

I meant the GW at Brent Cross. I think a lot of kids go there, but a few older heads do game there too. Is that club you mentioned associated with Leisure Games? I used to to go there as a kid. Well, there and the GW they used to have in Harrow. Memory Lane...

Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Wed May 15 2013, 09:29

Pretty sure it closed!

Haven't actually been inside a GW for years, too full of kids and, possibly quite rightly for a shop, focused on selling at me.

I'm nearly done gathering enough good terrain for a home board and there are clubs... I'm going to a small tournament in Finchley at months end.

Cheers

Chris

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Fri May 17 2013, 12:37

Hi guys,

Some new hobby progress to report on!

Here are some pictures of my newly completed scourges (I may double up and do another 5 at some point).

I’ll be taking these down a small local tournament in a 1500pt list.

Here they are as a group...

Bit of a closeup...

And hanging in some terrain (terrain by Chris Gooderham of CJ’s World terrain).

Hope you like them!

Cheers

Chris

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Fri May 17 2013, 12:41

I love the pose of that solarite! (or who I believe to be the solarite)
Awesome painting once more, that sword is cool too!

I feel sorry you did not get the best painter award scratch
Uuh... better hide from EoE now.
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Fri May 17 2013, 12:55

Hmmm, probably a good job I didn't win as here's a little secret.... before last August I hadn't picked up a paintbrush since 1997!

Not the whole story, I did paint for display etc back then so I'm not a savant but it's come back surprisingly quickly.

And yup, that's the Solarite... one of the main things I think I remembered from the old days was the importance of building models with a flow to their pose (e.g. eyes following where the model is moving towards) messed it up with my first squad of wyches but after that I think i've got it ok.

Until I get more, as I always play WYSIWYG she'll have to rock a blast pistol and a blade... i'm calling it a venom blade but it is probably meant to be a power sword. I'm not conviced the BP will be that useful, but you never know.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Thu May 23 2013, 10:35

How and why I chose Dark Eldar...!

http://www.40kglobal.com/2013/05/23/chris-gent/

Dread Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Thu May 23 2013, 13:45

Howdy.

I really like what you have done here. The blue and gold, with the complement color of green, is extremely well executed. The colors really complement one another, and the models look organized and well thought out. In other words, they don't look too fussy or busy and the viewers eye has a clear focus.

More please...
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Sun May 26 2013, 22:13

Had the pleasure of seeing these in the flesh today, they really are nice. Smile

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon May 27 2013, 21:11

Good game against Sky Serpent today, close but the Duke pulled out a win for the Serpent.

I'll post a couple of in game shots tomorrow!

Chris

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue May 28 2013, 16:08

Hi Guys,

As promised yesterday a few action shots of the game between Sky Serpent and I.

Sorry for the slightly rubbish phone camera pictures!

Good game, hope for a repeat some time in the future.

Cheers

Chris

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue May 28 2013, 16:20

Why is there a Monopoly hotel on the board? Very Happy

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue May 28 2013, 16:22

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Why is there a Monopoly hotel on the board? Very Happy

Sky needed some place to stay during his visit, I would presume.
...and he cant just go for the cheapest place, now, can he?

Anyway. I need to see Sky's army more!
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue May 28 2013, 16:50

It was the Duke's Hotel Token, I thought that would be obvious!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Wed May 29 2013, 16:42

Hi guys,

Here are some allied Fire Dragons I knocked out for the tournament I attended last weekend (to man my Kabal's Quad Gun - to appear soon though it probably looks more like it should be an Icarus).

Cheers

Chris

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Thu May 30 2013, 12:23

Hi guys,

Just realised I never ended up posting a picture of the finished Ravager here!

Well here it is in all its Dark Lance glory...

In profile

In portrait

And stripped of its magnetised parts. You can’t see from here but the barrels are magnetised too so they can be swapped for dissy cannons if that seems like a way to go.

Cheers

Chris

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Thu May 30 2013, 21:44

nice ravager, I like how you magnetized half of the things on it Razz
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Fri May 31 2013, 23:46

Originally it was just the weapons but I broke the sail off at a tournament at the weekend.

I was going to pin it but realised it was actually better to magnetise as it could be removed to show when immobalised and would be safe from future breaks.

Cheers

Chris

Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 04 2013, 02:45

I use Monopoly hotels as pain tokens. I was going to a tournament and raided a box of tiddly winks for counters and while in the cupboard saw the Monopoly box - figured they were red and brothels for Duke would be fun, kinda stuck and will do until I actually make some.

Game came down to 5 Wyches charging my Ravager, hitting four times but rolling two 1's with their haywires. My Ravager went on to kill Tan's Ravager next turn and gave me anti tank board control.

And the Razorwings obliterating the beast pack....

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:36

Ah, the irony of Razorwings destroying their namesake Razorwings flocks eh.

Lost two games out of five in large part due to a couple of errors with my Beastpack (and lack of invisibility in the game against SS)

Oddly I won the two hardest matchups... New Tau with dual Riptides in the Scouring and mech IG in kill points primarily because I didn't put a foot wrong with the beastpack.

Not sure if I'm going to keep tied to a win or lose on one big strategy army to be honest, hopefully new Eldar will open up some new tactics for me.

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: