HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 10 2013, 17:30

Hi Guys,

Can you assemble, magnetise and paint a Wraithknight in 24hours?

Yes you can!!!!!!

It was my birthday last week and my ever so understanding girl got me the new Wraithknight.

Here he is in Sprue form...

After some serious fun with magnets (I couldn’t in the end magnetise the torso as he was just to top heavy for the size magnets I had to work) I can assemble as either of the shooty loadouts with magnetised shoulder guns too. Here are the parts being undercoated (I painted the legs separate from the torso and stuck together after for ease of paint job).

Then I got to painting the big guy.. by hand! I know a lot of you guys out there think I’m mad but I like to hand dry brush rather than airbrush (though everyone who sees my models in person seems to think they’re airbrushed!). I went with an object source lighting approach to the main body of the paintjob as I think it really suits big models like this one.

To be honest I only got the Sun cannon loadout done in the 24hour period and am awaiting some basing material but here he is in some terrain and with a handy backdrop...

All this was so I could throw the big guy into a 6000 point multi player battle on Sunday at Titans Wargaming Club in Finchley... needless to say he got a lot of attention especially after taking out 6 assault marines on turn 1. Turn 3 he got targeted by all the enemy’s flier reserves and still came out with half his wounds intact!

Hope you like him, I look forward to him stomping on some Riptides soon!

Chris

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 10 2013, 18:06

Yup, you're mad Razz

Great job, inspiring. Might have to go pick one up......

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:09

Would look very good, if it only got based... Wink

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 10 2013, 19:53

Yup, as I said, I'm awaiting some basing materials.

These big bases can't be done with a few rocks, sand and some skulls like my troop dudes.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 10 2013, 21:32

That was fast ! Good use of the airbrush, by the way. Simple but really effective !

Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 11 2013, 09:14

Great job on the WK. Now to paint the 300 soul crushing gems! Mad
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 11 2013, 09:41

@darkmark wrote:
Great job on the WK. Now to paint the 300 soul crushing gems! Mad

Thankfully all the examples in White Dwarf only paint the main Gems so i've followed suit.

Usually I like to tred my own path but in this instance i'll take the out!

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 18 2013, 07:51

very very nice knight, I will name him Earl the Janitor. After battles, remains are left on the battlefield, and who better then Earl to come along and sweep it all up???
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Jun 24 2013, 16:30

So far Bob has thrown down in four games and is yet to go below 3 wounds, last game was against Tau and they gunned for him too - 2 wounds were taken off by a Skyray unloading into him and another from a Riptide shot. In another he lost 3 to combined firepower of two StormRavens and a snap firing StormTalon.

The day i face off against my Dark Eldar Kin he might suffer a worse fate though!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Jun 25 2013, 03:57

crap this guy was done pretty fast, or either you waited a long time in between pictures XD, very cool endresult, a nice addition to your army.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Targetlock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Wed Jul 10 2013, 11:15

Great inspiring stuff here, really liking those warrior conversions, may have to try some of my own Smile great work on the Wraithknight considering how quickly he was done!

Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Wed Aug 07 2013, 23:03

Wraithknight is looking good, how are you finding it in games?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 10:49

@Sky Serpent wrote:
Wraithknight is looking good, how are you finding it in games?
Pretty good, if he doesn't smash face (last game he deleted a Terminator squad on turn 1, a Vindicator turn 2, the remnants of a Tac squad turn 3 and a squad of Vets with a primaris Psyker turn 4 which was tabling time) he soaks up all the fire that should be going into flimsy vehicles and troops.

I find people can ignore the dual wraithcannon one a bit so unlike the Interwebs I tend to go for the Sun cannon as it can take out full squads each turn making him harder to ingnore. If my opponent has 2 Skyrays i'd rather he blows all the missiles stripping 3-4 wounds from the Wraithknight than taking out 3 - 4 armour 10/11 skimmers.

He also provides a great counter assaoult to things like Demon Cav (which can't generally even wound him) and Landraiders who he can punch in the face (if tanks have a face).

With Fortune up he is pretty much unkillable barring instant death weapons and some of the Iyanden warlord traits are great buffs for him also.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 10:50

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I’ve posted any pictures of my painting progress which is because I’ve been working on my Eldar Allies and given this is a thread about my Kabal I didn’t want to do step by step.

But here are some of the things I’ve been working on…

A bunch o Guardians…

A Forge World Avatar…

Some Jetbikes and a Mantle of the Laughing God Autarch

And a Super Heavy Lynx…

Hope you like them. Not part of the main thrust of this thread but these pointy ears bro-fist with their Dark kin on a regular basis!

Cheers

Chris

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 13:23

Do I see a gladeguard cloak in there? It looks amazing, with the golden leaves!
It distracted me that I almost didnt notice that jetbike! A creepy smile like that clown 

Can I ask for a closer picture of it?
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 13:44

Everything looks fantastic. Especially the lynx and the Wraithknight. Did you use testors gold for the helmet and gun? It looks great. Smile

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 14:37

Sexy stuff! I'm liking the Lynx quite a bit. Are you using the FW transfers?

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 17:22

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
Sexy stuff! I'm liking the Lynx quite a bit. Are you using the FW transfers?
Yep, I'm the mug that paid for them (though to be fair it was with a credit I got due to my delivery being c@#&d up by UPS combined with the 'delivery notes' section on the FW checkout actually not going anywhere (they are just lost as no-one can access them and they don't get passed on to UPS!!!).

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Mon Aug 19 2013, 17:25

@Cavalier wrote:
Everything looks fantastic. Especially the lynx and the Wraithknight. Did you use testors gold for the helmet and gun? It looks great. Smile
Gold is Auric Armour Gold with a thin overall wash of reikland fleshtone applied multiple times to give an old dirty gold look then drybrushed in the center with Auric Gold with progressively more silver added and at the end a little white to add a slight weathered look.

Probably more complex than it needed to be but I was in two minds throughout so prodded at it quite a bit.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Aug 20 2013, 12:27

@Tangentical wrote:
Gold is Auric Armour Gold with a thin overall wash of reikland fleshtone applied multiple times to give an old dirty gold look then drybrushed in the center with Auric Gold with progressively more silver added and at the end a little white to add a slight weathered look.
Wow it looks great. really smooth with a nice gradient to it. Looking good man!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Tue Aug 20 2013, 14:09

Gorgeous colors and icons! Good painting!
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Sat Nov 30 2013, 18:06

Hi chaps,

Not posted on here recently as I've been mainly adding Eldar allies.

I have made some progress on some Dark Eldar though...

My new Baron:

My new Warp Beasts:

Here are a select few of the Eldar allies...

Hope you guys like them!

Chris

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Sat Nov 30 2013, 19:43

Looking great. Loving your baron conversion especially Smile your paint jobs are really good too. Show us more Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   Sun Dec 01 2013, 15:36

You Eldar are great! Wonderful, smooth blending. I really like the freehand symbols along the edge of the Farseer's cape. The warp beasts and Baron look great, too!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Burnished Sapphire - allied Wraithknight painted!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: