HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Baleshadow Syndicate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Sat Feb 02 2013, 16:13

After having loved the new Dark Eldar range when they came out, I didn't do anything about it for a few year because I was playing Space Wolves. Putting that army together became my main focus (in terms of hobby, at least), and I didn't really want to distract myself. I recently won a bit of money, and a guy I know was selling a bunch of Dark Eldar; I took the plunge, and am now the extremely proud owner of about 1500 points worth of the following:

4 raiders
2 Talos/Chronos
20 warriors
20 Hellions
15 Reavers

Over the 3 weeks I've assembled the majority of this (except 2 Raiders) and picked out a colour scheme (EDIT: Picture now added) for my warriors. The Hellions will be a bit dirtier (not really much White on them), and I'm going to use Eye of Error's armour creator to make some templates for decals on the Raiders.

That's all for now; I suspect I'll have some updates in the next week or so!
Back to top Go down
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Tue Feb 05 2013, 04:55

On Sunday I magnetised all my bases. I bought some magnetic tape and stuck it to 1x1cm pieces of plasticard, and glued that to the underside of each of my Warriors. I wanted to add some weight to flying bases, so I got some washers and superglued those on the underside of the flying stands (both the 30 and the 60mm). The smaller stands then got a single magnet in the bolt hole, whilst the larger stands got a larger magnet on each side of the washer (2 per base). I've bought some cookie trays from the dollar store that I'll cut to fit into some kind of case (I have a couple of older ones that I could mod for this), and I should be able to transport my army safely, compactly, and pretty cheaply, too!

Today I basecoated all ofmy Warriors, Hellions, Skyboards and most my reavers in a deep green (Dark Angels green + a small amount of Ork Flesh). Lots of drybrushing over the next few days!

No pics today, as I need to go to bed, and looking at some very dark green models hanging upside-down from a cookie tray 1) takes good lighting and 2) is pretty boring...
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Tue Feb 05 2013, 10:32

Your first wip warrior looks quite nice. Can't wait to see some finished models.
Back to top Go down
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Mon Feb 18 2013, 04:03

Well, it's been closer to 2 weeks than to 1, but I guess that's how life goes! In any case, I've got the first few of my Warriors pretty much finished. Lots of drybrushing has been done, revealing moldlines (and bits of cat fur) that will need to be cleaned off and re-touched. Hmph. How come there's never time to do something right, but there's time to do it twice? So here we are, the first two warriors:

I've also kitbashed a Baron Sathonyx (who has been drybrushed, and that is all). Not sure what colour to paint his facemask...:

...and his skyboard:

The mesh effect was created with insect netting held over the wing during airbrushing.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Mon Feb 18 2013, 09:32

Is the Baron moonlighting as the Green Goblin? Smile

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Mon Feb 18 2013, 10:03

Nice effect on the skyboard, I particularly like that it is an impressive but simple method!

Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Mon Feb 18 2013, 21:22

Totally Green Goblin, but I like it Smile

Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Mon Feb 18 2013, 22:15

The Green Goblin is entirely unintentional! I think I may have to re-work the conversion....
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Tue Feb 19 2013, 18:50

Mate, thank you. You have just given me great idea how to paint harlequins.

dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   Tue Feb 19 2013, 20:39

I have re-painted the purple part skyboard now; I'll post some pics tonight. I couldn't get it out of my mind that I had the flippin' Green Goblin leading a Hellion blob!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Baleshadow Syndicate   

Back to top Go down

The Baleshadow Syndicate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: