HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 01 2013, 18:28

This month will see the release of the "new" compendium of current flyer rules, Death from the Skies. Hopefully, the much ballyhooed Summer, Fall, Christmas, Valentine's Day Early Spring of Flyers release will follow soon after, with some new toys for us and our fellow xenos.

The Beakies and Templars are also in line for new wings, so we must prepare to meet them head on, and that means firing up the paint brushes and glue pots to practice the fine art of xenos-flyer creation. Of course, you can also build and paint anything you like, but it might be good to practice certain skills for the future, should - you know - a new comp ever happen to arise.

Just saying.

So, sign yourselves up, make a vow about what you are going to build/paint/convert during the month of February, and then show us your progress with a picture (we really operate on the honour system, but pics are such great motivators).

Denizens and their vows for the month of February (completed in purple):

Gobsmakked - paint 45 Devilgaunts.

Hess - paint 1 Venom, 5 Trueborn, 1 Archon, 1 Raider, 5 Scourges, 1 Razorwing Jetfighter and 5 warriors.

Average Joe - finish painting 10 Hellions, paint 1 Venom, a 5 man DA Scout squad and the DV Librarian Turmiel.

Cavalier - finish my Incubi, assemble one Raider and if I''m feeling saucy I'll model up my close-combat Scourges aka War Eagles (counts-as Hellions).

Doklaw - paint 5 Warriors, 5 Hellions, 5 Reavers and a Raider.

Count Adhemar - paint 2 Razorwing Flocks, a Venom, 5 Incubi and hopefully a Ravager.

TyG17 - paint an archon, a raider and a group of Kabalite warriors.

Evil Space Elves - finish painting a Corsair Prince, 5 Corsairs with jetpacks, 6 Corsair jetbikes, 3 Lanceborn. Paint the following (basecoat, wash and first highlights only), 2 Warp Hunters, 3 Reaver Jetbikes, Beastmaster, 5 Khymerae.

And for the wildcard, either group A (Duke conversion, 8 Dakkaborn, Raider) or Group B (10 Wraithguard with Warlock).

Vasara - paint Baroness Sathonyx, 5 + 5 wyches, 4 lance Borns, 4 Beast Masters, 7 Khymerae, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 2 Razorwing Jets, and a Comms relay.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sun Mar 03 2013, 09:38; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 01 2013, 18:31

I will kick things off this month with the continuation of my evil plan involving lots of 'Nids with lots of Devourers. At the moment, I have 45 of them staring at me from my painting mat - and me without an airbrush.

So, *takes deep breath* .........

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 01 2013, 20:55

My tournament I've been painting and preparing for since december is coming up in 22 days, it's time to buckle up! I finished my vow last month by a mile, as in I even painted 6 bikes, a ravager and even wyches!

This means I got less to paint this month, but alas, about 20 days left to paint in. Enough talk, my vow for the month:

1 Venom
5 Trueborn
1 Archon
1 Raider
5 Scourges
1 Razorwing Jetfighter
5 warriors

Wish me luck!

average joe
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:43

Held og lykke.

I'm going to finish my Hellions. I'm going to shoot for all ten this month. At the moment I''ve got two done. I'm also going to try to paint the lone Venom I have. It's 90% assembled just waiting for the paint to hit the pilot and cockpit before finishing assembly.

For my son's DA's I'll knock out a 5 man scout squad and the DV Librarian Turmiel.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: movingelsewhere   Sat Feb 02 2013, 13:12

I'll make a vow. I vow to finish my Incubi, assemble my Raider and if I''m feeling saucy I'll model up my close-combat Scourges aka War Eagles (counts-as Hellions). This I vow with my life's blood!

Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Sat Feb 02 2013, 15:32

Ok, so I found this board in late January, and had bought my army on the 14th January, hence no "vow" for that month. I think whatever I had vowed, I would have beaten it!

In that time I've assembled and primed/undercoated:
20 Hellions (including Baron Conversion)
20 Warriors
2 Talos/Cronos (inc. magnetisation)
12 Reavers
2 Raiders

I've picked out a test scheme for Warriors (see below, after edit). I guess my vow for February will be to paint 5 Warriors, 5 Hellions, 5 Reavers and a Raider. That should give me a nice variety of things to try out. I have an airbrush now, so it can't take me that long, right?

Split and merged Dokclaw and Cavalier's post into February's monthly vows, from January's which is done. Gob.
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Tue Feb 05 2013, 11:22

I've started early to make sure I will reach my vow before the 23th.

I present to you my Archon:

I've also finished my 5 warriors and my 5 trueborn, although I don't have any close up of those yet. Instead I have a picture of the entire list for my upcoming tournament.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Tue Feb 05 2013, 11:32

This month I am going to paint 2 Razorwing Flocks, a Venom, 5 Incubi and hopefully a Ravager.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
TyG17
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Wed Feb 06 2013, 01:36

This month I vow to get a good start on my Kabal of the Flayed Skull. Since this is my first vow I will start small and hopefully exceed it. I plan on painting up my archon, raider and a group of Kabalite warriors. Anything past that and I will be exceedingly pleased.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:44

I've been having internet problems at the house and haven't been able to post for a bit. I'm playing 5,000 points of Dark Eldar and Corsairs in a huge Apocalypse event at the end of the month. Perfect chance to finally finish off a few things that have been haunting the painting desk half-finished for a while.

Finish painting the following:
-Corsair Prince
-5 Corsairs with jetpacks
-6 Corsair jetbikes
-3 Lanceborn

Paint the following (basecoat, wash and first highlights only):
-2 Warp Hunters
-3 Reaver Jetbikes
-Beastmaster
-5 Khymerae

And for the wildcard-
Either group A:
-Duke conversion
-8 Dakkaborn
-Raider

OR

Group B:
-10 Wraithguard with Warlock

Probably will go with the Wraithguard option. Lots of superheavies at the LFGS and the Corsair Prince allows you to deep strike them Twisted Evil
It's a lot to paint, but my schedule has finally mellowed out significantly.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Sun Feb 10 2013, 01:30

Got a little package from GW yesterday. Lookslike I know what I'll be painting first!

The 5 Corsairs with Jetpacks, Corsair Prince, and Lanceborn are almost done. Should have some pics up after my 3 hockey games in 3 nights run starting tonight Razz

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:58

My take on this.

I have a until 15th of Mars to get all these painted.

So a lot needs to be fininshed this month.

included are
Baroness Sathonyx
5 + 5 wyches (5 started already)
4 lance Borns (1 missing from the picture and proxied by Death Jester)
4 Beast Masters
7 Khymerae
4 Razorwing Flocks
2 Razorwing Jets
Comms relay (missing also from the picture)

FYI Vasara - your pic link takes me to a signin page for a Microsoft Live account. Gob.
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:25

Done -- sorry for the massive spam, but I did put up quite a goal. Hopefully the pictures can encourage others to join in, and the current attendees to finish their vows.

Archon

Trueborn

Warriors

Scourges

Raiders

Venoms

Razorwing Jetfighter

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Wed Feb 13 2013, 22:27

BEASTS!

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Wed Feb 13 2013, 22:34

NICE work! They really fit!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Thu Feb 14 2013, 19:36

And a Beastmaster to lead them:

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:04

WOW! Hess, this was definitely an ambitious month and you really came through. Congratulations, nicely done.

ESE - no pressure mate! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 15 2013, 07:27

When you gotta paint, you gotta paint! No really, just had to finish for the tournament. Its def. the best motivator I've had.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 15 2013, 09:28

That is an incredible amount of models to paint in such a short time. Well done sir!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:47

Making progress. Wyches still need final touch and Khymerae are on the painting board also. Nothing ready yet but I'll post some pictures when I have some finished models.

edit: but looking those beasts above I think I'll just skip the pictures...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:18

@Vasara wrote:
Making progress. Wyches still need final touch and Khymerae are on the painting board also. Nothing ready yet but I'll post some pictures when I have some finished models.

Intimidating isn't it! The quality of some of the work on these forums is utterly astonishing.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Sat Feb 23 2013, 04:43

@Vasara wrote:

NO WAY! Post pics!
I hate to say it, but those beasts were damaged by a particularly sadistic Haemonculus (Mrs. Evil Space Elves) in a dusting accident. Heavy picture falling over 1; beasts 0 Mad I'm repairing them for the Apoc game tomorrow.
The Reavers are actually 90% done (no pic yet), but I did get the Lanceborn done for the game tomorrow:

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Thu Feb 28 2013, 06:03

Well here goes. A little WIP, but general theme should be ready.

And another picture with previously painted Raider
Back to top Go down
dokclaw
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Mar 01 2013, 04:38

Well, I completely missed my vow! With the exception of the 5 warriors, I didn't complete anything. On the other hand, I pretty much based all of my flying stands (35 x 25mm, 6x 60mm) and magnetised all the bases in the army (as above + 20 warriors). I basecoated all of my Hellion clothing and skyboards, as well as adding a mesh effect to said skyboards, fully painted a Baron Sathonyx kitbash and did a lot of the block colour on my Raiders. I've just started block colouring my Talos/Cronos. I also made a magnetic carry case (read, stuck some sheet metal into an existing case), which I've used once, and has been awesome (so easy to tidy stuff away!

Missed my target by a way, but I made a big bang! I don't feel like I've underacheived, by any means! I shall post pics in my main project log, as an when I remember/have time!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:44

@Count Adhemar wrote:
This month I am going to paint 2 Razorwing Flocks, a Venom, 5 Incubi and hopefully a Ravager.

Everything done other than Ravager which I decided not to start and instead started on a Razorwing Jetfighter (WIP shots below).

These are my "counts as" Razorwing Flocks, using old Tyranid Ripper Swarm models as I don't like the official models.

Venom

Incubi

And WIP on Razorwing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least   

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - February - it's Flyer Month, rules-wise at least
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: