HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Omnicide
Hellion

PostSubject: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Sat Jan 26 2013, 08:23

Hey guys, I'm just starting dark eldar and am ordering some stuff to get the army rolling.

One thing thats ticking me off is I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy to convert some HQ's it seems like almost every kit has different stuff that would be useful.

Hellion weapons/heads maybe torsos. Wyches, Warriors, Scourge heads maybe bodies, maybe even reaver bodies

I know for the actual army I'm planning on pretty much just warriors in raiders with ravagers as heavies but dont know how much of this other stuff I should buy for the bits box
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Sat Jan 26 2013, 08:38

Edited your post, no swearing please. Thx.

You are correct, every DE kit does have many extra bits for conversion purposes, but not bodies. So you will need at least one extra kit for that. If you are looking at primarily a Kabalite army, then a Warrior box would be the best fit and provide plenty of possibilities for kitbashing an Archon or two, and even Vect. And, you would have some bodies left over to convert into Trueborn.

Incubi are another excellent possibility, although more expensive and they don't have shooting weapons. Don't buy too much extra for your bitz box, buy what you need and then see how many extras you have left over. You might be surprised.

There are endless possibilities. Have a look in our Painting and Modelling sections, and the Aphotic Gallery, for some ideas. You can check the sprues for each individual kit on GW's site, and looking through online bitz suppliers' sites will also give you close-ups of various parts.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Omnicide
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Sun Jan 27 2013, 16:29

How about capes, where do u guys get those? and good call with the incubi, those bodies look awesome
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Sun Jan 27 2013, 17:40

I take mine off Chaos Marauders.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Sun Jan 27 2013, 22:17

I use greenstuff for things like capes mostly, becaue in many cases the cape you have stolen from another kid flows in a way it looks out of place on other models because the body shape / pose is different. You might want to start from an existing one though, that gives you a basis to extend upon. Not sure if you're into that kind of thing though. Our P&M section had a pretty good beginners guide on sculpting a while back, I'm sure you'll find it if you go searching a bit.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Wed Jan 30 2013, 20:03

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Thu Jan 31 2013, 02:24

Awesome link, found ur raider extra armor tutorial last night too, u got all the good DE conversion guides!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice   Thu Jan 31 2013, 07:40

Greenstuff for capes so far for myself. I have also seen others use Dark Elf Black Ark capes and High Elf White Lion capes, both quite nicely.
Back to top Go down

need Archon/Asdrubael Conversion advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: