Share | 

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun May 26 2013, 22:09

Hey guys, here are some highlight photos of my army on my board with some of my terrain. My board is still in its infancy but I think it looks good with my army. The Guard models were kindly lent to me by my brother. He's got a nice looking army even though its only in the early stages of completion.

Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue May 28 2013, 20:50

Looking at this thread, I'm seriously considering just painting my Eldar stuff in my Dark eldar colors, to mix up both armies. (all my eldar need to be repainted)

It's funny seeing these eldar skimmers and dark eldar ones painted in the same colors, you can't even tell they belong to different armies.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue May 28 2013, 22:09

Excellent pics Cavalier. The close-ups, together with using your board as a background, really help to lend a nice "action" element to them, and show off your paint scheme even better. The two guys charging around the rock is great!

The Rangers are perhaps one of my top-three favourite sets, and yours look awesome.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 29 2013, 08:59

I like your gold alot, nice army and scenery you got there!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 29 2013, 17:59

@Khain mor wrote:
It's funny seeing these eldar skimmers and dark eldar ones painted in the same colors, you can't even tell they belong to different armies.

@ Khain Mor-HUGE COMPLIMENT. Thanks so much. I really appreciate this compliment. It was my hope that the army would come off that way. I was surprised just how cohesive it looks, but I wasn't sure if other people would see my army the same way. Thanks a lot!

@ Gobsmakked- Thanks man! Glad you liked my board. The whole thing flocked with red-ballast initially, but it quickly became apparent that while the martian landscape was cool it was a bit too much red. I was really pleased myself at how nicely everything contrasted after going for a moonscape, post-apocalyptic look with the board. Glad you like it Smile

@ facelessabsalom- Thanks!

Well with the Eldar rules continuing to leak it doesn't look like I'm going to be retiring my Dark Eldar contingent anytime soon. Dark Eldar JB's continue to look better and better, and with Eldar getting psychic spells that can now officially benefit the dark kin the synergy will definitley be going up a notch. Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu May 30 2013, 05:06

these are some very nice models, I give you an 11/10
Back to top Go down
Bearded Dan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Jun 01 2013, 00:00

I love this army. Bold, regal colors, great conversions. It just feels like what you say it is. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://trappedinthebasementcast.com/
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jun 10 2013, 23:04

@ Bearded Dan- Thanks so much man. Glad you are enjoying it.

@ Lord_Alino- Takin' it up to 11. I like it. Thanks!

@ Everyone- Hey guys got my first game in with my 2k list using the new Eldar dex at my FLGS. In fact this was my first time playing at my FLGS since moving to my new home 3 years ago. I had a great time. I played against a Necron player and its just so much fun. I got first turn and had my entire army bearing down on his left flank turn 1. It was nightfight so my holofield, wave serpents had a 2+ cover save on turn 1! It was insane. My Wych Raider, and Incubi/Archon Venom went completley ignored as my Wave Serpents and Warp Hunter took all the attention. My hornets were awesome as well. For whatever reason I had never given much thought to the effects of plasma templates of 8 EML. Needless to say it was crazy. I only got 3 turns in before the store began to close down but it was still fun, even though I made some bad mistakes that cost me my serpents and warp hunter. Battle Trance was fantastic. My Dire Avengers were shooting and scooting to safety, allowing me to be super aggressive before melting into cover. I had a lot of fun, and I"m looking forward to more games in the future. Everyone was super friendly, and every body was really excited about the new Eldar codex. A great time all round.

Anyway here's a minor update!

I'm now working on my new Wraithguard. The fluff behind their inclusion in my army is that what Wraith units are in my army, are actually the deceased members of my Autarch's (archons) personal house. Here's an early WIP

More to come. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sangarn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jun 10 2013, 23:30

your gold effect + light is just cheating, superb !
you have now a lot of cool axes (from the wraithguard box) to make some space white lion count as incubi now !

i might steal as well ur idea of mixing eldar and dark eldar with the same color scheme,
but with a more DE aesthetic than CWE for the whole. (i've already started converting those magnificient wraithguard :p)

realy cool army i'm jealous :p

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 01:53

I'm truly jealous of your foresight! Dual purpose DE/CWE/Allies, one scheme. Excellent. Can't wait to hear more about your new codex exploits(I haven't had a chance myself yet!)

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 12:42

your work is impressive, do you ever go over the lines ?

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 12:42

@ Sangarn- Thanks man! And yes those beautiful WG axes will be used for some manner of White Lions conversion. They are too awesome looking! In fact the lion shoulder pads I used on my Autarch fit perfectly on their kneepads, and even on their heads. Also feel free to steal any ideas I implemented, and PM me if you need any bits advice.

@ESE- Thanks ESE Smile Yeah I spent a lot of time planning out dual "counts-as" units, and tried to buy kits that would serve dual purposes, but I kept an eye on not being cheesy with it, or going over board. That being said I cannot wait to get those FW Corsair conversion kits. The new Codex is going to keep my kitbashing going for years to come...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 13:08

@Herbert West wrote:
your work is impressive, do you ever go over the lines ?

Sorry I missed your post, but to answer your question; I do occasionally. Using this gold primer for which their is no touch up paint has taught me to be super careful. Any errant bristle on my brush gets immediately exacto'd. Also I don't assemble or attach any bits that I cannot easily paint. So for example the side of the gun closest to WG"s body I paint completley, doing the gems, all the shading and highlights before it gets glued on. That also means I have to give the same treatment to WG's chest. I did this with every Dire Avenger I painted to. It can be a pain but I hate turning the model around in my hand and seeing poorly painted parts or skipped parts. I go through such a hassle priming the models in two different colors, and then airbrushing that I figure I should go all the way.
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 15:51

Thanks for the explanations. But don't you have problems with gluing after painting ? I already tried but there's an area around the glue that turns white... Even when i use other glue that the one i'm used to.

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 16:28

Though I am a rather lousy modeling (I have a bear of a time getting my models together) I am super careful with my glue. I use only a tiny dot of glue most of the time which really mitigates any "frosting". Every once in a while they'll be a little frosting around the joint of something but its really easy to conceal by lightly repainting the area -base coat, light wash, light clean up, and simple highlights if necessary. The typical problem areas are usually the underside of the arms (beneath the shoulder pads) which makes it easier to conceal. due to the closed off nature of the model.

Avoiding this can be stressful but its avoided easily enough with practice. Plus I try to sprinkle in a fair number of models with "open" poses that can be fully assembled and primed so that I'm not having to fully paint and then assemble an entire squad.

Examples of Open Models that can be assembled, primed and painted all in one go:

Examples of Closed Models
[/table]

With these "closed models" I tend to glue them in completely concealed places, specifically the top of the arm joint where its completely concealed by the socket in the torso, where any minimal frosting is further shielded from view by the shoulder pad.

I gotta emphasize that I'm not putting glue in the arm socket, I'm applying the glue to the very top of the arm/ball of the shoulder so that its adhering to the top of the joint. Its when you fill the socket (or even just lightly coating it) that you get a lot of frosting on the torso and bicep of the models arms.

I hope that makes some degree of sense. Feel free to ask for clarification on any points, as I'll gladly elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Herbert West
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 11 2013, 16:42

Thank you for your time. I'm really interested in the "precision work" that some painters can do. I am part of the people whose got shaky hands and so that kind of work, very clean, is kind of mistery to me Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 18 2013, 23:08

Hey guys can't wait to get these bad boys on the board. Here's the progress thus far. I love how big these guys are, they're really imposing.

Had fun doing this base. Don't mind the shoulder pad gap- my green stuff skills make covering this up an impossibility!

Enjoy!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jun 19 2013, 07:44

Oh my gawd...... How did you paint all those gems and not go insane Wink. They look really stunning

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
facelessabsalom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jun 19 2013, 07:49

I must say it again, I love your gold! Nice work really!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jun 19 2013, 13:29

@ spellcheck2001- Hahah. Yes painting all those stones does make you crazy. Especially the guns on the little fuel canister on the D-Scythes. The gems are not as raised...

@ facelessabsalom- Thanks!

BTW these photos are a bit washed out as always. My highlights never show Sad
Hopefully getting an iphone soon. The camera is much better than mine as it picks up natural light very well.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jun 19 2013, 20:40

Ah, gems, beautiful, shining soul gems! Those Wraithguard are fantastic! The basing is also very good.

Finally got my hands on a squad of my own today and assembled the first one, they are really quite big indeed. Towering over Eldar as Wraithlords tower over them, really good models and fun to assemble - except for the dreaded left arm of the gun. I had forgotten how dreadful such joints were to put together, they always seem to slide off center so you have to redo the whole thing again.

Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jun 20 2013, 12:57

Thanks Siticus. I had the exact same experience. So frustrating....I remember Jes Goodwin talking about making more snap-together models like the cultists, and you know what? I wish they did especially for guns like the Wraithguard which can't be modeled any other way.

However the models are soooooo cool looking. Definitely making a wraith detachment for my army. They are too cool, and the rules are sweet too.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 25 2013, 16:09

Hey guys, here's my latest conversion. This guy's my WIP Spirit Seer. Wanted something that looked more Corsair so here's what I cooked up. Got the torso from the Cool Mini or Not? store. The head is from the Reaver bike, the spear from the Raider, a 2nd ed shuriken pistol attached to a Kabalite Warrior arm, and the legs are Hekatrix legs from the Wych sprue.

Does anybody get the vibe that these mirror-faced helmets were supposed to be some kind of Dark Eldar psycher? I certainly do. They are too reminiscence of the Spiritseer to be coincidence as far as I'm concerned. GW artist love recurring visual motifs through their minis. The Wraithseer, Wraithknight and the Spiritseer helmets all share a very similar appearance and the mirror faced Dark Eldar helms look like they'd fit right in. Always curious about that....

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jun 25 2013, 23:42

I agree with you on the helmets, thats why I tried to convert my wraithguard helmets to look like a combo of spiritseer and reaver bikers
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jul 03 2013, 18:11

What did you use to fade the windows?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next