Share | 

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dogmar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Mar 04 2013, 23:26

beautiful models. I like how you've done all the faces with eyebrows and black dots in the eyes. Your bright gold is amazing as well. much different from my almost bronze-ish looking version. Keep it up.

and I really want to see more progress on that warp hunter - back to the painting table, now! Very Happy ( I was looking for a smiley with a whip, but can't seem to find one ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Mar 05 2013, 10:17

Beautiful nail too :-)

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:28

@ Dogmar- Thanks!
@ Chaeril- I was wondering how long it would be until someone noticed that I use my hands, and forearm as a pallette. lol

Anyway here's another minor update on my Warp Hunter.

And here is a mock-up of the next squad of Wyches I'm going to make. My last squad was actually going to be my counts-as Howling Banshees (for Y'riel, Banshee bomb), but after the tragedy of the Wave Serpent (aka 6th edition changes to disembarkation) I reluctantly decided to make them into Wyches. My original plan was to make my Corsair Warriors (Wyches) using Storm Guardian chainswords, and its something I still plan on doing as I really love the Guardian chainswords. Sorry for the sort of wacky angles on the photos, but I wanted you guys to be able to see the chainswords.

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Mar 17 2013, 17:56

Hey gang. Been awhile since I've posted, but I've actually been hard at work. Been playing a little bit too, small games against my bro's imperial guard. Man does wall of death suck. To that end I've been modeling up some wracks and a raider to act as overwatch absorption for my Archon/Incubi and my Wyches. Actually they're not really wracks, they are a second squad of wyches which I'll be proxying until I figure out what I'm going to use as Wracks (lizardmen of some type in all probability, as I've wanted to run converted Kroxigor as space lizard-men mercenaries as counts-as Grotesques)

Here is the raider:

Here are the new Wyches (temporary proxy for my wracks)

And here is my Warp Hunter which is all but complete. I need to take some updated photos because I finished all the final highlights on the red.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Mar 17 2013, 19:41

You certainly are getting a lot of mileage out of those White Lion bits! Great stuff as always Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Mar 25 2013, 20:25

Thanks ESE. Still trucking along, I've nearly finished my warp hunter, I finished my raider, my second one has been shaded, 1st stage highlights are complete and the sail is painted as well.

I've got a 1500pt game coming up with my bro who plays, and we decided to play an infantry focused game with only light vehicles. So to that end I'm going to be using my Dark Reapers just for fun, and my striking scorpions which haven't seen action in awhile.

So here is my first Dark Reaper. It took me awhile to figure out a paint scheme, and I butchered the helmet of two other models so they'll need to be striped, but overall I'm pretty happy with how this guy has come out. I'm a little disappointed I couldn't come up with a more original paint scheme.

Here is one of my scorpions who is super-old.

Here is my Corsair Squad leader who I really like. In my head-fluff this guy is my army leader's most trusted lieutenant. I just cant get enough of using the old powerfist its just so cool looking. I think using it as an agonizer is a pretty good approximate.

Here is another Corsair Warrior (Wych) that I really really like. I HAVE[b] to get more storm guardian chainswords. I really love them.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Mar 25 2013, 22:10

Said it before but i really do love your army. The Corsair squad leader looks great, where do you get Eldar power fists? I've never seen them before.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Mar 26 2013, 11:47

Thanks Ciirian. The Eldar powerfists are really old 2nd edition (and earlier I believe) Eldar Guardian close-combat weapons, though if memory serves everything from Exarchs, Jetbikers and even actual Corsairs could take them. I don't know if I'd actually take a powerfist due to the init penalties but they look so damn cool. I have about four of them left. They are pretty hard to find but if you scour ebay you can find em (usually in an old Guardian lot).

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Mar 26 2013, 15:57

Like the look on those aspect warriors Very Happy
No matter is the scorpion old, it looks great!
Back to top Go down
Astus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Mar 27 2013, 23:20

Really nice work, love the crisp feel to all the models! Wish I was as good at painting skin tones Sad

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Mar 28 2013, 12:00

@Mngwa- Thanks. I intend on cleaning up the gold on their guns and varnishing their gems, just to get them up to the level of my other minis. I'm looking forward to using them in my next battle. I think they are a unit that should work well with my DE.

@Astus- Thanks Astus. Just so you know I have a little tutorial at the top of this page (page 3) on skin tone.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Apr 25 2013, 16:50

Hey guys long time no update. I'm wicked close to finishing my 2k army. Very little left to do on my 2nd hornet, finish the third one, paint my second raider crew and one more venom and I'm done....until the new CW dex comes out.

Here's my Warp Hunter, and two Hornets with a third one waiting to be painted. So glad I bought these models.

Here is my Corsair Squad leader (Hekatrix with agonizer) and a Corsair warrior with a horn.

Here is a guy I really like. I'm going to do a whole squad like this. Another Corsair Avenger (Dire Avenger). I'll take some more photos to show off how cool his little dark eldar knife looks.

And lastly some little fish tank gems I picked up for wound/ hull point markers.

I'm gonna make a little set up to take better photos. I saw a good "how to" the other day so expect some cool photos real soon. Until then enjoy guys!

Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Apr 25 2013, 16:56

NIce. Love the Hornets. The warp Hunter is awesome too. I have one waiting to be painted.

Again, I really dig this regal red and gold scheme. Very impactful and bold on the the table.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Apr 25 2013, 18:15

Great looking squad leader! The lion heads on the banner tops are a great touch, and I can't tell you enough how much I love your colour scheme and overall clean look your guys have!

Khain mor
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Apr 26 2013, 12:11

Love this army, it's the combination of my both favorite armies. When I get back to painting my eldar, I need to copy some of the concepts I've seen herer :p.

This army is just so awesome., the red and gold isn't a color sheme I would use, however it clearly works very well, the entire army looks very impressive.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Apr 26 2013, 12:42

@ EoE- Thanks for comments. I cant wait to see your warp hunter. I love how your army looks. Our armies would look cool paired together or facing off.

@Siticus- Thanks Smile

@Khain mor- Glad you are enjoying my project. Most of my concepts come out of my bits boxes. Hop on ebay and look for stuff that looks cool. I usually browse the GW fantasy line a couple times a month picking out stuff that would suit my style. You'd be surprsied just how cheap most of the bits come on ebay, even after GW's banned brick and mortar stores from selling bits online.

Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Apr 26 2013, 14:33

@Cavalier wrote:
@ EoE- Thanks for comments. I cant wait to see your warp hunter. I love how your army looks. Our armies would look cool paired together or facing off.

It would be like Dark Vs. Light. Your guys would yell over to mine "Hey lighten up a bit would ya?"

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri May 10 2013, 21:57

Hey gang! Soooooo close to finishing my army. Have to paint the pilot on my last raider, finish my last hornet and I'm done! I plan on making scenic bases for all my vehicles. I've recently finished my 2nd hornet, my ranger squad, and my reavers.

Finished hornet

WIP Hornet

WIP Raider

Sooooo random thoughts. Really starting to question why I even include Wyches in my army. The Reaver Jetbikes seem to do everything I want, essentially getting melee attacks in the movement phase without having to deal with overwatch. I need to continue to play a bit more outside of my garage, and get some experience against a variety of opponents to continue to shake out my DE detachment and see what direction I really want to push them. I've even thought about stripping the army down to foot warriors in cover supporting my rangers, and just spamming out on reavers. We'll see. A lot depends on how jetbikes are in terms of offensive output in the new eldar book. We'll have to wait and see. Anyway thanks for stopping by comments and crits are always welcome!

Edit: Thats the new crater I just made. Trying to make craters for all my vehicles, though I'm sure I wont need them (sarcasm).
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 22 2013, 17:13

Well guys I've finished my army. With the completion of my Hornet squadron, I now have two-thousand points of fully painted models. Here's my counts-as-Corsairs army list:

Farseer-Fortune, Warlord
Archon- Huskblade, Venom Blade, Soul Trap, Shadow Field, Ghostplate, PGL, HG's
Incubi x4
Venom- Nightshields
Dire Avengers x9- Exarch: Bladestorm x2 Shuricats
Wave Serpent- Spirit Stones, TL-Shuriken Cannons
Dire Avengers x9- Exarch: Bladestorm x2 Shuricats
Wave Serpent- Spirit Stones, TL-Shuriken Cannons
Wyches x10- Hekatrix, Agonizer, PGL
Raider- Nightshields
Rangers x7
Hornetsx3- 6x EML
Reavers x6- Arena Champion, Blaster, Cluster Caltrops
Warp Hunter
Void Raven Bomber- Nightshields

I've included my Reapers which I've also recently finished, as I use them in 1-1.5k games. In the next few days I'll get my game-board out and take some photos of the army as a whole with all my terrain and whatnot. Other than that not sure where my army will go from here. My long awaited Craftworld codex is finally about to be released so only time will tell. Thinking counts-as Warp Spiders from Forgeworld Corsairs, counts-as Beasts with White Lions and about a million other ideas, but I'll need the book before I commit to anything. Looking forward to expanding into the 3000 point range and getting an Apocalypse sized army together but only time will tell. Thanks for all the support, looking forward to new models and hitting the table top with a fully painted army. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 22 2013, 18:16

Man, this army is excellent. I'm loving all the additions. Congrats on finishing the force!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 22 2013, 18:18

Indeed, congratulations on finishing the army! That is an incredible looking force that can win any battlefield just by being present!

Mngwa
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed May 22 2013, 18:51

Grats for the army! Love those models!
I feel bad for not nominating you for best painter now :/
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu May 23 2013, 03:21

@ E.O.E.- Thanks man I really appreciate it. And as you know the feeling is totally mutual. Your best-painter award and best conversion award are truly deserving, so thanks again I really appreciate it.

@ Siticus- Thanks I'm glad you've enjoyed my project thus far, and I'm confident it'll fare well now thats at full 2000pt strength.

@Mngwa- Thanks for your continued input Mngwa. No worries on the voting. E.O.E. and Evil Space Elves finished ahead of me and they truly deserved to. They represent the heart of DE to me, I'm just an upstart Corsair on their turf Razz

And as I mentioned before I'm gonna post some highlight photos of my army on my board with all fully painted terrain, so there might be a few models I've not posted before. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu May 23 2013, 07:55

@Mngwa wrote:
I feel bad for not nominating you for best painter now :/

That's okay; I know a guy that just that Twisted Evil
Congrats on finishing the force! (Does it actually ever end?)

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri May 24 2013, 12:41

Thanks a bunch ESE, being nominated by really means a lot. Personally I though you and Eye of Error easily took the cake. Both your armies epitomize what I would want to face on the tabletop when facing a DE player.

As for "finishing" my army.... in the immortal words of Rocky, "nothings over"! The new CW dex is going to give me boat loads of conversion ideas. As mentioned previously, with no new Warp Spider models, I'm going to run Jumpjet Corsairs as Warp Spiders (Smith's of Vaul amped up their guns ;P ) I also have cool ideas for incorporating Wraithguard into my army from a fluff perspective. I was thinking that all the wraith-units in my army are the decased members of my Archon/Autarch's own house, with the Wraithknight being my Archon's twin brothers... Might be a stretch but the models are too cool to leave out of my force. Besides as a renegade Autarch whose army followed him into exile I don't need to be to creative in that regards.

Anyway.... I hope I can continue to incorporate Dark Eldar elements into my army, so I can continue to post in this forum. I don't want to clutter it up with all sorts of Corsair and Craftworld only conversions, units etc. I'm going to do White Lions as beasts for sure so you can count on that, some sort of Scourge conversion but other than that I'll just to wait and see.

More photos of my army as a whole to come.... stay tuned.

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: