Share | 

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Demantiae
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Jul 22 2015, 14:14

Absolutely love the theme and the colours of this army! I like the Corsair look a lot. I'd be tempted to use a similar style myself but I like the Hellraiser look too much.

I've done extensive research (abusing google images) to find inspiration for my own army and your guys keep cropping up everywhere! Beautiful models.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Aug 02 2015, 12:50

@Lord_Alino- Thanks man! Hope you like my new batch of stuff. I've got a lot of irons in the fire so stay tuned!

@CurstAlchemist- Thank you. I'm trying to decide which direction to go from here as well. As the Necrons become more and more of a threat in my scene I've got to get some good close-combat into my army. I may need to get those Lions/counts-as Taloi out again. I've got three units I'm toying with introducing back into my army… Incubi, Talos, Wraithlord.

@Spellcheck- Thanks as always. I'm dying to do more Harlequin stuff but I'm chaffing under the restrictions of the Masque and the formations. I've got my Cast of Players ready to rock but its so expensive! It costs as much as my Wraithblades and Striking Scorpions and I question the efficency of fielding a unit like that! I really want to though… if only Cast of Players had "Rising Crescendo" it'd be a no brainer. I gotta try it at some point though.

@Demantiae- Thank you very much. Thats a very nice compliment! BTW you could always just add a little kitbashed Corsair element to your force, and paint them in a scheme suitably sinister to put them alongside your hellraiser themed army. Also leave a link to your project if you have one I'd love to check it out!

@Everyone- Well I've been busily working away trying to get a more fun alternative build for my force. The force I usually play is a blast your doors off combination that I had no idea would be so powerful when I set out to make it way back in 5th edition. While that force is getting a re-vamp as well, the new element of the army I'm simultaneously working on is my Recon Force. Its gonna be themed around my new Striking Scorpion unit (as pictured below) Eldar Rangers, a "monster hunter" all Shuriken Cannon Jetbike unit, and a new unit of Reavers, and all in black. I may include a Beast Pack in the Recon force eventually as well as its one of my favorite units of all time. I only wish it could return to its 5th/6th ed glory. Anyway enjoy!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Aug 02 2015, 16:14

@Cavalier wrote:

@Demantiae- Thank you very much. Thats a very nice compliment! BTW you could always just add a little kitbashed Corsair element to your force, and paint them in a scheme suitably sinister to put them alongside your hellraiser themed army. Also leave a link to your project if you have one I'd love to check it out!

So after some time I settled on a theme for my force. I've had a battle force box set sat around for a while now but I've only worked my way through the warriors and most of the Raider. I paused to consider how they should look and I decided I needed to get hold of a load of spare Raider sails somehow. So the theme is simple really - Death From Above style army, loads of Scourges and Swooping Hawks (using DE models though not the naff CE ones) and loads of Raiders with extra sail wings. This'll be wave 1. I have plans for what to do with Incubi and Wracks for wave 2 but this is some way into the future. Right now I need to get cracking on putting the foundations in place. I have my colours all worked out, just need to get going now Smile

I'll be putting a project log once I have the first of my minor conversions in place. right now vanilla unpainted warriors don't make for much of an interesting plog!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Aug 03 2015, 11:53

Nice concept! Trust me Swooping Hawks and Scourges are a rocking combination. You have to be cautious with both but they are a blast to play with, especially the Hawks. Deepstrike, 18 inch movement, high volume anti-infantry, deepstrike bombing run, haywire attack on vehicles, the grenade attack on flyers. etc. there is just so much they can do and they do it with style.

The Scourges are fun too because they are fast, and make mince meat out of most vehicles, especially if you have a random dark lance or bright lance on standby should they fail to strip that final HP off a vehicle. In my experience they go pretty much ignored if the rest of your army is scary enough.

Definitley start up a log when you get going, it sounds like you have a really strong theme for your force which is always cool. Thanks for sharing!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Aug 03 2015, 14:50

I got to be honest I hate the new harlequin dex. It is soo restrictive it forces me to play in a way I do not want and take units I have no interest in fielding. Going to stick wtb the dark eldar for my force. Colour me extremely disappointed.

Your stuff is looking fab. Seeing it all posed in scenery as an action shot is superb. It is a shame that you have to change your list to make it more 'friendly' when you have been working so hard to get it painted. I wish the eldar dex was a little less powerful, as I do feel it really hurts people who are not power gamers and want to have just a fun and thematic game with an opponent.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Aug 05 2015, 12:16

Thanks Spellcheck as always its very much appreciated. While I love how the individual units work and the overall power, theme and options within the Harlie dex, its just so damn restrictive. I understand it to a certain extent, that an ultra cheap cherry-picked Shadowseer, 5 man Harlie detachment could drive people nuts with an Eldar primary CAD but considering the power-scale of the game its hardly something I'd worry about.

As for the power of the Eldar dex the power is all relative. I really find myself in an odd conundrum...I've found my Eldar to be dramatically more fragile since the new book came out, but I still feel the need to pull back on the power, but at the same time the two armies I see most: Necrons and Marines got a huge bump in power and my opponents are bringing hard as nails lists every time. So I'm trying to find a balance without resorting to the obvious which is Wraithguard... which I relied upon too much with the 6th ed book and doesn't really fit my theme outside of very special narrative scenarios.

So its left me scrambling a bit to find solutions both thematically, but also practically in terms of playing a good game. Its tough because everything is so dang expensive in terms of money but its been rewarding in the sense that I've emptied the bits box, and picked up only a few sprues off of ebay and started expanding my collection for a more diverse play-style.

I sort of touch on this obliquely in the upcoming podcast when talking about niche roll units from the DE codex which I'm really looking hard at right now. So in summation I'm looking to go in a grittier, more tactical army that demands a bit more from me as a player. It'll be a fun challenge, but one that that the extremely potent core of my army should be able to carry.

Anyway thanks for your input Spellcheck its always appreciated!

Also here's something fun from my latest commission! Not finished yet but looking pretty good!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Oct 21 2015, 12:31

Always a pleasure to check out your log every other week! Those 2 pics with your recon force are ACE! I hadn't thought you could make a predominantly black color scheme look so good!

That commission piece looks really good, too!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Oct 31 2015, 04:49

Love this thread. The shot above is just superb, and I love the use of the harlie vehicle for corsairs. Hopefully the new FW book will make all of this stuff easy to incorporate!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Nov 23 2015, 12:24

@Black Cadian- Thanks man! Really glad you are enjoying the project. Really appreciate your comments on my Recon Force. Its been something I've wanted to do for a very long time and I'm glad I did! All black armies can be extremely fun to paint. Its easy to execute but a little more tricky in the color design process because a bad choice can ruin the model/unit (I'll post a pic of my Illic Nightspear model sometime to illustrate how things can get wonky). Anyway thanks!

@Wozzl- Thanks man! Can't wait to hear you on the upcoming episode of the podcast. Yes the new IA:11 looks incredible!!! I'm going to be running a true Corsair list (at least in part) and couldn't be happier. They've cannonized Wraithknights for Corsairs which makes super happy. Originally they were Exodite constructs so its a nice little nod to the fluff.

@Everyone- Sorry I've been away so long! I have been busy though, playing and painting. So I've done the unthinkable.... painted every model in my collecton! Thats right I've 6000 points fully painted! The cherry on the sunday was the completion of my counts-as Warp Spider unit. I've now got Swooping Hawks, Fire Dragons, Avengers, Striking Scorpions and Warp Spiders all represented in my army in a counts-as form. Only a couple of Aspects left and the whole lot'll be covered. Anyway here are some highlights from my latest batch of work... enjoy!

I'm gonna take some time to browse the other p-logs and collect some more photos. I've got some Eldar fortifications and other assorted units that have come out nice as well. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by.

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Nov 23 2015, 12:36

Oh my gosh you're an amazing painter. This is one of, if not the best project log I've ever seen
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Nov 23 2015, 13:11

Excellent job. I love the look of that Venom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Nov 23 2015, 20:55

Stunning work ad always Cav. I am really digging those warp spider conversions especially. Love the amalgamation of all the different kits to make an awesome model.

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Nov 24 2015, 12:07

@Lord Alino- Thanks man, considering the work done on this forum thats extremely high praise- which I'm not sure I deserve!

@Squidmaster- Thanks Squidmaster. Yeah I'm thrilled GW put out the Harlie Venoms, they are perfect for Corsairs. The only problem with this one is that its ball-joint isn't very snug. Dang thing is always falling over. Hopefully the next one won't be such a pain. BTW this kit comes with bits galore, I really recommend it.

@Spellcheck- Thanks as always Spell. Really glad you like the Spiders. I spent a LONG time acquiring the bits and painting them... experimenting with painting the gold on... finally settled on using the new Age of Sigmar golds which are incredible. They've already been very impressive in game as well. The Exarch has about 6 Space Marine heads, Colonel Shaffer and a Company Commander's head on his trophy wrack after just two games all in close-combat!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Nov 24 2015, 19:02

I am slowly converting up my own for my carnival as well, so I hope they look as awesome as yours and half as successful Smile

If you cover the socket joint on the stand with superglue and let it dry it should fit nicely again. Had a similar problem with a few of mine and it has worked s treat Smile

SC jocolor

Back to top Go down
Joker
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Nov 25 2015, 03:30

This is a really cool design you have and the details are just amazing
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Nov 25 2015, 11:47

@Spellcheck- As always bud I can't wait to see where your Carvinal is headed. Its beyond legendary... and also thanks for that awesome tip! God I get so freaking bent out of shape about my flight bases... playing a freaking game and I've got a jetbike here, a venom there all lopsided and it pisses me off to no end. Thanks for the tip!

@Joker- Thanks man. I try to keep things simple with a few key details picked out to catch the eye... so I appreciate it man thanks.

Also.... so stoked about the new IA:11 I'm ready to rock with my already converted Corsair Jetbikes!

Also here is my finished Corsair Dragon unit... which can be split up and incorporated into Corsair units or Storm Guardians.

And here is my Eldar Aegis Defense Line and Quad-Gun (I've got an Icarus modeled u too). I've acutally painted up the entire thing but wanted to show a little detail so included only a small section.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Nov 25 2015, 16:23

Beautiful work.

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Nov 26 2015, 02:23

I really like your corsairs. I am definitely taking some inspiration from you in this.

I will probably also use dark elf corsairs for many of my dround troop. Maybe for the elites or guys the hardened armour.

Not sure how to add pics to show what I plans are on here?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Dec 01 2015, 12:51

@Calyptra- Thanks man Smile

@Colinsherlow- Thanks buddy. BTW aren't you buds with Rupert/Ibushi? I think i've read some bat-reps between you guys, classic stuff! Just a warning about using the Dark Elf Corsair kit the torsos are very hard to incorporate into an Eldar/DE model and the cloaks can be a royal pain as the back of the torso is molded into the inside of the cloak. Get ready for scraping and chopping, but once done they look really cool! As for posting pics, I use Picasa from google. All you have to do is right click "view image" once the image has been uploaded, copy the URL into corresponding window after clicking "post an image", click the insert option and you are good to go.

@Everyone- Hey guys just a small update. With IA:11 on the way decided to give my Warp Hunter some love. He's been finished for awhile but I've been adding vehicle markings, battle honors, kill markings, host designations to all my vehicles and infantry and decided its time to bring the Warp Hunter back into the fold. Haven't run him since he got nerfed with IA:Apocalypse but before that he was absolutely killing it! So I gave him squadron markings, kill markers etc.

BTW he's I don't know why everything looks so damn shiny in these pics but the shine is barely noticeable in real life. But you get the idea.

Also prepared the hull for either another Warp Hunter, or more likely an Eldar Firestorm... which has curiously been absent from the FW page. I thought for sure it would be back on there for the IA11 preorder.

Also been having a great time playing games lately. Got to play against Slaanesh mono-build twice in the past month. My Corsair Prince earned himself some real glory, issuing challenges defending the lines and just being a total boss. BTW Wraithblades are so under-rated every time they hit the table the reward me. Anyway guys thanks for stopping by and stay tuned... more to come!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:13

[quote="Cavalier"]@Calyptra- Thanks man Smile

@Colinsherlow- Thanks buddy. BTW aren't you buds with Rupert/Ibushi? I think i've read some bat-reps between you guys, classic stuff!

Yeah Rupert and I are buddies  geek    He just got back from vacation so I would expect a few more battle reports soon.  Maybe we will take some photos.  Also we are both crazy excited about the corsairs so expect to see some sweet corsair on corsair action within the next few months :-)

If I get some practice on with them I might take them to the ITC TSHFT in January and LVO in February.

Love your corsairs and thanks for filling me in on the Dark Elf Corsairs.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MlEJhO9OUnE/Vlvznm6vsbI/AAAAAAAACwk/hLpDTA7JovQ/s1280/IMG_20151129_102106.jpg

Talos pain engines

Strange that I just can't get the pics to show?.... Could be because I use my phone?

Also I plan on painting my corsairs like the Talos.  The colours and detail don't show up very well in the photo

Autarch and Swooping Hawks

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Dec 13 2015, 18:26

IT BEGINS..........

The new Corsair codex has landed and I couldn't be more thrilled. Unparalleled customization awaits as the Corsairs may be the most flexible and fast army in the game right now. The new Corsair rules allow me to dispense with many of Craftworld stand-ins such as Wraithguard and Fire Dragons and the unit to fill their mighty shoed is now under construction and that unit is the Balestrike Band!

I plan on equipping at least 5 of them with Dark Lances with a few lasblaster dudeds in there for ablative. Poor, poor Scourges they've been totally trumpted by their Corsair counter-parts though I suspect FW crafted a lot of these units as potential count-as options for the Dark Kin to bring their army closer to the standard set by the newer 7th ed. codices. Anyway guys stay-tuned as the fun has just begun!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Wed Dec 16 2015, 03:52

I can't wait. See 40k online for my response bud.

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Dec 19 2015, 12:35

I'm in love with this conversion, it's gorgeous. (I also like how you have a golden base. It actually makes buying 40k models worth it!)
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Dec 19 2015, 13:45

@Lord_Alino - Thanks man I'm glad you like them. Just got some paint on them yesterday and I gotta say I'm very happy with how they look. Such a great unit to boot, ultra-cheap, super mobile and precise when you run Skyburner Coterie. They really fulfill the role of WWP Dragons or Wraithguard without the huge tax. Can't wait to try them out.

Gonna try to get some gold on them this weekend. Stay tuned!

Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Dec 19 2015, 14:04

Isn't this the best thing about the hobby, just being able to make your own models that make your army truly unique
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: