Share | 

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaboigan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 04 2013, 08:38

i honestly love this army above all others, just looks amazing and the simple conversions just make it unique.

i will how ever admit i kinda stole your idea with the archon..... i built my self one but using the finecast archon body and with a hand pointing out as if to say "i challange you" or "bring that slave to me so i can chop it's head off with my big ass axe)

cant wait to see more pics of the army and what other conversion you do
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 04 2013, 13:05

@ shadowseercB- I used an old GW Green Ink, mixed with GW's 'Ard Coat varnish. Any wash will do though. Its really easy to use, and goes on smooth. If it pools a little just get your brush wet with some water and smooth it out. Very easy, let me know if you need more info.

@Jaboigan- Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. No worries on stealing ideas, thats half the reason I'm posting- so as to give people conversion ideas :)More pics to come! My wraithguard, and spirit seer await completion, as does my massive 10 man Dark Reaper squad with mixed 3rd ed, and 4th ed Reapers and a handful of Corsair Warrior (wych) conversions . Also either a Wraithknight or FW corsairs are also in the pipe-line. More to come...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Jul 09 2013, 17:13

Hey guys got some random updates. I'm close to finishing all 15 Rangers, and Dark Reapers, and I'm waiting on a little putty before finishing the last model in my Wraithscythe squad but until then here's some other stuff I've been working on.

Man do I love RT era Eldar. I wish they would include some old school Eldar helmets in the guardian kits. I also love how lightly armored they are. They look so much less bulky than modern Eldar, particularly Dire Avengers. Here's a cool heavy weapons guy that I've repurposed as a sentry.

He's a WIP but I think he's coming out nicely so far.

Here's are some freshly painted brightlances for my Wave Serpent. I also did up some scatter lasers for my second wave serpent. Man is it nice using something other than shuriken cannons on my serpents. Thanks Phil Kelly for the cheap-o upgrades. 6's Be Upon You!

So anyway I've got more substantial updates on the way. I'm hope to be working on a wraithknight, and my own homemade zone mortalis board soon(which I'm calling cavehammer 40,000). So stay tuned for some more interesting updates, as well as some other RT era models.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 11 2013, 17:34

Hey gang been working on the newest addition to my army. Jetbike Autarch! Man the Autarch can become a BEAST with the soulshrive from the Iyanden book...for those without the book its like a huskblade but it adds strength points for EVERY wound caused...not just against slain MC's and IC's. Not surprisingly Matt Ward wrote that dex Laughing Anyway been thinking about running him with my Reavers...  I figure he can go with them until some of my other units get ready for assault (wraithblades perhaps?) and then link up with them. Perhaps a squad of warlocks or spears would be preferable though. Anyway enjoy the updates and let me know what you think. More to come....

WIP

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 11 2013, 20:24

That's a sweet conversion! What is that sword from? As for going with Reavers, I quite like the idea of giving the Autarch the Shard of Anaris, getting a Fearless Reaver squad. But, no surprise, the Iyanden stuff is outright better than everything in the codex - that sword is crazy indeed.

Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 11 2013, 21:27

Thanks Siticus, glad you like the conversion. The sword is actually two different bits. The arms, and hilt are the striking scorpion exarch biting blade, and the blade is from the dark elf cold one champion.

The shard of anaris is pretty nice too....I should think about that, simply because fearless is so nice. The soul shrive's offensive output is crazy, but the fearless is very tempting because it keeps the squad in combat no matter what. Something to think about for sure...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Jul 12 2013, 14:52

Wow.
Just wow.
Just wow and wow.

I'm loving this more than my wows are able to show. This is one of my favorite armies.
Keep up the great work mate.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Jul 13 2013, 13:26

Thanks Sammun. I really appreciate it. I'm going to be making a kitbashed squad of Shining Spears, and a Bike Farseer as well (corsair style of course). I'm also gonna try and get some more pics uploaded soon. I finished 10 Dark Reapers, and all 10 Rangers and I'll be digging through my bits box for to build a wave serpent today as well.

I'm getting a game in against my brother and his guard tomorrow. His list is pretty nasty even though he rarely plays. Its essentially leaf-blower close-combat denial with 3+ vet squads with flamer, flamer, heavy flamer so its a bit of a bummer for me cause its almost suicide to get into CC with him meaning the wounds stack up fast on my incubi and shining spears, and my wyches get roasted out-right. I love playing CC units but its just too crazy trying to get into cc with all those units and wall of death. god is the rule brutal!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Jul 13 2013, 20:31

How do we deal with such things as nasty Imperial Guard with lots of alabaster skin ruining goodness? Toss big fat things to clog their flamers! Grotesques are ideal for this (three wounds each with FNP soaks up a LOT), and Wraithblades might work quite well too. Just park four of them with a Haemie or Archon in a Raider with Aethersails that's out of line of sight on deployment, then blast off against his front line as close to units as possible. It is very lovely if he blows it up - it means the Grotesques can spill out to maximally cover the near proximity of his units, making it very risky to shoot those big templates at them, and they can take quite the punishment in his shooting phase, then take some more during Overwatch. This has worked well for me thus far, and my IG playing friend is very fond of 1850 point lists with 18 flamer templates in them as minimum.

Definitely try it out, even if you have to proxy some models.

Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Jul 14 2013, 13:04

I should try that. I've had this cool count-as Grotesques idea for ages, to use Kroxigor Lizardmen as Slann Mercenaries. Wanted to use some other Lizardmen models for Wracks and a Haemey as well. I could see multi-assaulting with those guys to soak up overwatch, before letting my Wyches and Archon move in for the kill. Thanks Siticus!

BTW managed to cobble together an entire Wave Serpent out of my bits box, which I'll be posting shortly, and my last wraith-scythe is going to be completed in the next day or two. Stay tuned....

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jul 15 2013, 20:10

Hey guys. Got that game in against my brother yesterday and all I can say is; WOW. The new Eldar codex is insane. I completley dismantled his army by turn 3. I mean he still had models on the board but his army was in tatters.

I ran Farseer, Wraithscythes x5 in a Wave Serpent, Dire Avengers x10 Wave Serpent- Holofields, Brightlances, Dire Avengers x10 Wave Serpent, Holofields, Scatter Lasers, Rangers x8, Hornets x3- EMLx6, Reapers x5- Starshot Missiles, Exarch, Fast Shot Warphunter- Holofields. It was just crazy. I had so much firepower at my disposal I really couldn't believe it. If you can just hang back and pound the enemy at range, while scooting around to maintain good holofield saves you are golden. To me the new holofields, and cheap lances and scatter lasers are an absolute revelation, while the Serpent Shields are the icing on the cake. While not invincible, the wave serpents can deal out so much twin-linked fire power that your opponent has to deal with them, which takes away attention from my hornets and warp hunter allowing them to just lay into choice targets. And on one final note the combined fire power of the Wraithscythes, and the Warp Hunter is just disgusting. All in all I couldn't believe how my army has transformed.

Anyway here are some photo updates. My Wraithscythes are all but finished. One more model needs some highlighting and detail work and the squad is done. And my Autarch is pretty much finished as well. Enjoy!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Thu Jul 18 2013, 22:20

I'm finally doing it... an evil kabal of Dark Eldar! These guys are going to be the rivals of my Lions of Asuryan and will constitute the DE detachment in my Chaos/Dark Eldar allies army. I will not be playing chaos or these DE in pickup games, tournaments or whatnot they are a pure NPC force for in a GM'd campaign I'm going to run for my brother and I.

I just picked up Dark Vengance yesterday (Though I'd love to keep them, I'm gonna paint and sell the Dark Angels) and I've already begun construction on my dark forces. It's gonna be great I can't wait to get the force completed. I think I'm going to run a foot/venom hybrid list with webway portals and all sorts of fun stuff. I'll keep you all posted....

And here is my VERY early WIP of my Spirit Seer he's coming out pretty sweet.

Stay tuned there's much more to come.....

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Jul 19 2013, 00:28

@Cavalier wrote:
I'm finally doing it... an evil kabal of Dark Eldar!

About time you saw the light. (Or the darkness?) Razz 

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Fri Jul 19 2013, 01:46

ha! I couldn't hold out forever. Your army in particular solidified my intention to make a true dark eldar army. I can't wait to put this force together. Thanks ESE! BTW I'm registering on the cool new Eldar forum as well. Seeya there Smile

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sat Jul 20 2013, 11:13

That kit bash SS has come out great. He could do with a bigger base to stand on though; heroes in 40k always find a big rock to stand on. Laughing 

To save yourself some time I'd simply sell the DV marines without painting as DA just aren't a super popular chapter. However, the minis do make great conversion material for a chaos force: Nurgle particularly. By the time you've drilled holes, chopped, and slapped on some GS no one will know they're formal identities! Razz

Edit: don't forget to sort out that cheeky photo-bombing nid too!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Jul 21 2013, 02:41

@darkmark wrote:
don't forget to sort out that cheeky photo-bombing nid too!

lol. I love the tyranid models. whenever I look at the gaunts I always get the impression they are laughing. They have this weird sort of grin to them, it cracks me up.

Yeah definitley thinking the DA's will be difficult to sell, but I'll be offering them for a pretty sweet deal so who knows...

And about the Autarch, I think a bigger base is a good idea. I'll make something cool for him.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jul 22 2013, 01:13

Hey Cavalier, what theme are you planning for your 'dark' dark eldar army? Curious what cool army you've got cooken up.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jul 22 2013, 13:00

Hmmmm. I'm not sure actually. Despite their zeal for violence, debauchery I imagine these Dark Eldar as thoroughly without honor, and a little on the cowardly side. They prey on weaker forces, never fighting battles they feel they cannot win. In essence I imagine them as the Decepticons from the old G1 cartoon, razing hell, gloating over their victories, toying with their victims but running for the hills when the tides turn against them.

For their background they earned the everlasting ire of my Lions of Asuryan when they destroyed the Exodite World my corsairs dwelt in after their exile from the craftworld. The campaign is actually about my Lions forcing these guys into confrontation on the ruins of this world after centuries of clashing, only to find imperials and chaos slugging it out there as well. With their backs against the wall the DE ally with Chaos to prevent their total destruction, and my Corsairs ally with the imperials to cleanse the world of both Chaos and the DE.

As for a name for the kabal... i havent decided. I was thinking the Black Lions...but its a bit unimaginative. Gotta still think about it...

Thanks for the question though, any interest in the background for my guys is great appreciated. Smile

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Jul 22 2013, 16:05

Wait for it: The Black Lions...of Doom Razz 

The fluff is actually good, looking forward to your DE models!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Aug 12 2013, 23:33

Hey guys been awhile...since completing my 2k army I've been adding bits and bobs, helping my brother work on his army (IG/Marines), terrain for my board and assortment of NPC armies for my campaign.

However things of relevance to this project log are here below. This is an old Rogue Trader era pre-Avenger. I love this model and wish GW or FW would model up some throw back back helms to sprinkle into my squads as nothing screams Eldar Pirate like these weirdo mouth vents on the old Eldar models.

BTW pay no attention to that model in the background....

BAM

So basically I had to get this model. I loved the look of it, and felt the rules were scary good...but was a little unsure after all the internet hate the big dude was generating. However after watching Reece (from frontline gaming/team zero comp on youtube) absolutley kicking the crap out of his opponents with his WK and 14-2 with it, it was a slam dunk, I had to get it.

Now that I own it I have to say it is one of the crown jewels of my army. Putting it next to my entire army (all 3.5k fully painted) it just brings the whole army to another level. I can't wait to rock this guy, though the rumors of graviton guns are making me a little nervous. But no matter! I'll have to pick out those pesky weapons with my snipers.

Fluff wise it is piloted by my Archon/Autarch twin brothers, while the my forthcoming Wraithlord will be his father (and will be a counts as Avatar). The painting process has only just begun, but its been fun so far. Anyway gang thanks for checking in and stay tuned for this always more stuff on the way.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Aug 25 2013, 03:00

Hey gang been awhile. Been short on time as of late but I'm still plugging on my wraithknight:

This guy has been a bit of a bear to paint. He's just so big, and there are tons of angles, grooves and raised areas that need shading and highlighting but the cool thing is they are easy to get to, and easy to look good. I magnetized the arms so moving them around to get at the different angels helps as well.

Next thing I've got in the pipe is an Eldar Aegis Defense line from Mr. Dandy's online store. Its really cool looking and I can't wait to try out Illic Nightspear and my Reapers behind it. Anyway stay tuned there is more to come...

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Aug 25 2013, 12:36

Great job on that big gribbly... just look at all those gems... insane! Very Happy Your color scheme works really well on him. Would you mind sharing how you magnetized the arms and still have them repositionable though? I've heard about issues due to the weight of these solid plastic arms that they tend to rotate downwards. This is an issue that can by fixed by applying a second magnet to hold it in place, you just cant move the arm any more then.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Sun Aug 25 2013, 15:32

The bigger they are, they harder they fall. But this one is really impressive! Great job.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Tue Aug 27 2013, 13:13

Dogmar- Hey sorry for the wait on the reply. I couldn't find the packaing on my magnets so I couldn't remember their size. As it turns out my brother was using the packaging for his space marine bits.... where the magnets went I now have no idea Mad  However the magnets are 3/8 x 1/16 of an inch and they fit right in the sockets on the wraithknights arms. They do protrude just a bit but when you prime the model it blends right in with the model no worries. So just glue those suckers in and away you go. Feel free to ask more questions if you need more info.... and I can take pictures later if you need.

@LSK- Thanks!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    Mon Sep 02 2013, 19:21

This army is looking awesome. I love the swords and the style of trhe army. looking forward to seeing more.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan    

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsairs- Lions of Asuryan
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: