HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Weapon option clarifications

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
avatar

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Los Angeles

PostSubject: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:27

Hello, some things are not clear to me in the codex and I would like to make sure they are, "legal" before I glue the weapons on.

1. Can a archon have a huskblade, a soul trap, and a Blaster?

2. How many close combat weapons does a Talos come with by default?
-If the additional close combat weapon is purchased can I upgrade that also to one of the upgrade options? For example, can the Talos with the additional close combat weapon take a Ichor injector and Chain-flails?
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 07:42

1. Yes.

2. One. You must replace a close-combat weapons with option x in order to get option x. So, if you wished to equip your Talos Pain Engine with Chain Flails & a Liquifier Guns, you would need to purchase a close combat weapon to facilitate one of those purchases.

In the future, reviewing the Dark Eldar Army List section of the Codex could be helpful as it usually spells out the requirements clearly.

_________________
What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
avatar

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Los Angeles

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:44

Cool thanks, I have reviewed the selection list several times. Asking on here was a last resort since it was not clear to me. Those were the only 2 I was not clear on and I want to be a fair and legit player so just making sure.

Anyway,
Would the blaster grant me a extra attack with the huskblade in melee like the blast pistol would in melee?

_________________
20,000 Dark Eldar
25,000 Eldar
7,000 Mechanicum
3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
avatar

Posts : 4015
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Toroid Arena

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:47

@shadowseercB wrote:
Would the blaster grant me a extra attack with the huskblade in melee like the blast pistol would in melee?

No.

_________________
Latest Report: BR4: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Imperial Knights - 1250pts
Pragmatic Realspace Raider Series


“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
avatar

Posts : 625
Join date : 2011-06-06
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:00

@Dark_Kindred wrote:
So, if you wished to equip your Talos Pain Engine with Chain Flails & a Liquifier Guns, you would need to purchase a close combat weapon [...]
Wait, what? Is that actually possible? I always thought the additional CCW was just for the additional attack. So I can pay a price tag of 15 points plus upgrade to have a Talos with both Chain Flails and TL Liquifier Gun??

_________________
Visit my project log [last update: February 10th]:
The Ebon Fire
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:20

@Kinnay wrote:
@Dark_Kindred wrote:
So, if you wished to equip your Talos Pain Engine with Chain Flails & a Liquifier Guns, you would need to purchase a close combat weapon [...]
Wait, what? Is that actually possible? I always thought the additional CCW was just for the additional attack. So I can pay a price tag of 15 points plus upgrade to have a Talos with both Chain Flails and TL Liquifier Gun??

No. The option is clearly to replace one close combat weapon with one of the options. You cannot purchase an extra close combat weapon and replace both. Much as I might wish otherwise.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
avatar

Posts : 625
Join date : 2011-06-06
Location : Hamburg, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:37

Thought as much. Would have been nice, though. Wink

_________________
Visit my project log [last update: February 10th]:
The Ebon Fire
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-11-18
Location : Bodymoore, MURDAHLAND

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:18

@Mushkilla wrote:
@shadowseercB wrote:
Would the blaster grant me a extra attack with the huskblade in melee like the blast pistol would in melee?

No.

To clarify; The reason the pistol gives you an extra attack in melee is because it's a pistol. They count as an additional close combat weapon. The blaster however, does not.

_________________
Newly DE player since December.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mein.dk
shadowseercB
Wych
avatar

Posts : 538
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Los Angeles

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:15

Okay so only one weapon upgrade (for the arm) is available for the Talos weaponry regardless if the close combat weapon was purchased or not.

Thanks

_________________
20,000 Dark Eldar
25,000 Eldar
7,000 Mechanicum
3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:19

@shadowseercB wrote:
Okay so only one weapon upgrade (for the arm) is available for the Talos weaponry regardless if the close combat weapon was purchased or not.

Thanks

On the plus side, you don't need to purchase the additional close combat weapon to replace the one you upgrade as you still get exactly the same number of attacks without it.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:42

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Kinnay wrote:
@Dark_Kindred wrote:
So, if you wished to equip your Talos Pain Engine with Chain Flails & a Liquifier Guns, you would need to purchase a close combat weapon [...]
Wait, what? Is that actually possible? I always thought the additional CCW was just for the additional attack. So I can pay a price tag of 15 points plus upgrade to have a Talos with both Chain Flails and TL Liquifier Gun??

No. The option is clearly to replace one close combat weapon with one of the options. You cannot purchase an extra close combat weapon and replace both. Much as I might wish otherwise.

I had skipped over that one. Now I have to remodel my Talos Pain Engine....... Oh well.....

_________________
What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite


Posts : 324
Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   Tue Jan 15 2013, 23:45

@shadowseercB wrote:
Hello, some things are not clear to me in the codex and I would like to make sure they are, "legal" before I glue the weapons on.

1. Can a archon have a huskblade, a soul trap, and a Blaster?

You can however take the Huskblade, soul Trap, Blaster and Djinn Blade.

The Djinn Blade will allow you to get the extra CC attack when using the Huskblade, and Vice Versa.

But as always when Djinn Blading, you can gibb yourself...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Weapon option clarifications   

Back to top Go down
 
Weapon option clarifications
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: