HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 16:06

@The Yak wrote:
I don't think I am the only forum member going "Thhhhhhhiiiiiiiiioooooowwwwwhhooooosshhhhhh!!!!" as I look at them.

you might be.... Laughing

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Yak
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 16:23

Hahah! Indeed!
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 23:15

@Crazy_Irish wrote:
@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
That's perfect, really emphasises the extra size of the voidraven too i think.

Indeed! Nice paint job and a very nice pattern, on both the top- and the underside;-)

Thanks; I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Glad I had a spare little box of about the right size.

@Cavalier wrote:
BTW you had to have some freakin stones to freehand those designs man... wanted to mention that.

Also don't you wish you could vectorstrike other flyers with those wings?

Thanks.  I really like painting freehand on my models - it's something to set them apart.  This pattern was not actually too tricky.  It's nice and large, and I was copying something else rather than designing my own.  The biggest challenge was keeping the right sort of flow across the curved surfaces.  I actually find trying to do small and intricate freehand much harder.

And yes, I do wish I could vector strike other flyers.  There used to be an Apoc formation of 3 Razorwings that could Vector Strike (only ground targets, I think).  It should definitely be in the rules.  They are Reaver pilots, after all.

@Crazy_Irish wrote:
I always think that a well painted model always performs well, otherwise it will not get a place in the glass cabinet....
And @everyone who told me not to be too pessimistic about the Voidraven - it absolutely kicked butt tonight!  I decided to tool it up fully (night shields, implosion missiles, dark scythes) just to see what happened.  And I happened to get the perfect opponent for it - Blood Angels who hadn't brought any anti-flyer.  Turned up Turn 2 and took out 4 of 5 Sanguinary Guard with the bomb, before wiping out 10 Tac Marines with missiles and scythes - the poor fools were stood in the open, trusting their power armour Twisted Evil
Not sure I will generally field it like that (*so* many points) but it was vicious with the right victim.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 23:56

Always nice when that happens!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Fri Jan 16 2015, 00:45

Hey mate, did you use a brush to paint the designs on the bomber?

I'm liking how its looking. I haven't done any snow theme bases on any of my fantasy, so I am with Dark Eldar. I like your theme Smile
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Fri Jan 16 2015, 03:43

@Plastikente wrote:

@Crazy_Irish wrote:
I always think that a well painted model always performs well, otherwise it will not get a place in the glass cabinet....
And @everyone who told me not to be too pessimistic about the Voidraven - it absolutely kicked butt tonight!  I decided to tool it up fully (night shields, implosion missiles, dark scythes) just to see what happened.  And I happened to get the perfect opponent for it - Blood Angels who hadn't brought any anti-flyer.  Turned up Turn 2 and took out 4 of 5 Sanguinary Guard with the bomb, before wiping out 10 Tac Marines with missiles and scythes - the poor fools were stood in the open, trusting their power armour Twisted Evil
Not sure I will generally field it like that (*so* many points) but it was vicious with the right victim.

See, that is what happens when you have an AWESOME paint job ;-)
But like you described, it was the perfect matchup but do not let that weaken your trust in the Voidraven!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Sat Jan 17 2015, 17:52

@nexs wrote:
Hey mate, did you use a brush to paint the designs on the bomber?

Yes. I do the decorations last, after the whole thing has been base coated, shaded and highlighted. I paint the basic shapes in blood red, and then go over with the orange (sometimes 2 coats, for a consistent finish). In a number of places I also need to neaten the edges afterwards with the dark red armour colour, because my hand isn't perfectly stead, especially for the pointy bits.

I do the white ones the same way, with a mid-gray undercoat.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Sun Jan 18 2015, 21:47

impressive! where did you get the ideas for the designs? (i will be doing some on my vehicles but not sure what designs to do)
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Mon Jan 19 2015, 22:28

They are a mixture:
-Some are copied directly from what 'Eavy Metal do, if I really like them (eg top of the Voidraven);
-Some are me trying to imitate the same general style by just painting freehard (eg my Reavers);
-Sometimes I doodle with pencil and paper until I find a design I like, then reproduce it on the models (my kabal symbol).

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Mon Jan 19 2015, 22:44

Ah, excellent! Thanks Smile
I just wasn't sure on the fluff of how things are supposed to be (because, you know... space elves are real)
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Jan 20 2015, 19:49

It's also just occurred to me that there is a fourth sort of design:
-Some are GW transfers (often painted over to weather them or change colour) or freehand copies of transfers. Eg. the Prophets of Flesh hand on my Haemoncumistress's dress.

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Jan 20 2015, 22:04

Ah, I see... To be honest, I've never been a fan of using transfers. But you've done well with it!
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Fri Jan 30 2015, 14:51

Latest update, some Beastmasters!

I've probably missed the boat a bit with these.  I had the idea about a year ago, when Beastmasters were still aweome, but they have suffered a bit under the new codex.  I don't have any beasts yet for them to master, but I could potentially try just field small unit with agonisers all round and no pets.

The best thing is, these were all converted out of bits I already had, so I didn't have to spend any money on them Cool

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Fri Jan 30 2015, 15:45

Love the beastmasters and the fact you made them out of spare bits is even better!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:59

They are pretty impressive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   

Back to top Go down

The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-