HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Nov 20 2014, 17:01

Thanks everyone; I am very pleased with how she worked out Very Happy

Of course, having made her, I needed to do something with the remaining parts from the plastic kit.

This fella cuts a slightly less impressive figure, I think.  In old money he would have been the Haemonculus to the female Ancient, but that's all irrelevant now.  The arms came from my DE bits box and the spine/tail is a left over Cronos tentacle.  I also rolled up a little razor wire to represent the Animus Vitae, which is a piece of wargear I have always loved the fluff for, but I haven't yet tried it out on the table since the new Codex.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Mon Nov 24 2014, 22:29

And this is the Finecast Grot:

I shaded his skin with thinned blue/grey rather than my usual Nuln Oil because I want him to represent one of those innocent Tau that Urien Rakarth persuaded to come over for a "cultural exchange" Twisted Evil
[That story was in the old Codex, at least. Not sure if it made the cut with the latest edition of the fluff, as I don't have my book in front of me.]

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Nov 25 2014, 02:15

The "cultural exchange" story is referenced in the timeline of the current codex as "The War of Dark Revelations."

Back to top Go down
Malevolent-Storm
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Nov 25 2014, 15:47

I liked your medusa head swap idea; I was thinking about using it on the two slave girl models though....

Kabal of the Malevolent Storm
Back to top Go down
http://malevolent-dice.blogspot.com
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Nov 25 2014, 16:01

@Malevolent-Storm wrote:
I liked your medusa head swap idea; I was thinking about using it on the two slave girl models though....

These ones?

I like the idea, but they are already sat on my Dais of Destruction, and I don't like repeat poses in my army if they can be avoided. Not that I can field that Dais any more (although I didn't really use it even when it was legal).

I want to use a Spac Marine for my next spare head victim when I buy another Medusae. If I can get hold of a set of the tank gunner arms then I figure that I can easily position them behind his back and remodel the triggers into handcuffs.

Back to top Go down
Malevolent-Storm
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Nov 25 2014, 16:54

Those are the ones, yup.

Kabal of the Malevolent Storm
Back to top Go down
http://malevolent-dice.blogspot.com
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Wed Nov 26 2014, 16:59

You could always use the Her-monculus as a counts as-Urienne, and then the usual guy as a regular haemonculus, if you're ever running a coven list.

Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Wed Nov 26 2014, 17:04

Her-monculus. I like it Very Happy
I already have the Urien mini though, so I doubt I'll field Urienne, unless I particularly feel that my coven is in need of that feminine touch...

Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Wed Nov 26 2014, 17:20

It is. All covens are. Have you seen those guys. Sores for sighted eyes, I tell ya

Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:33

Latest update isn't really my work.  This is the present I received from Dragontree in Santa's Secret Space Raid:

An incubus riding a Talos! How awesome is that?!  Not just the normal build either, but something a bit different, and mixing old minis with the new range.  I couldn't have done it better myself Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:26

that's just uber-cool!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:17

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
that's just uber-cool!

Uber is the perfect wording for it! Now that's a conversion...(and it fits into your collection of fine conversions

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:12

Yep, what a great idea, and excellent execution. I am loving the head on the talos especially. Where is that from?

Great job dragontree Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Dec 25 2014, 11:35

Finished these about a week ago, but have only just got round to uploading the photo.

I have always loved these models, but with their previous ruleset they never got to the top of my "buy next" list. With a bit of a buff in the new 'dex, the time finally came to buy some.

Their skin cloaks are supposed to represent a mixture of human and Tau (hence the pink/brown and blue/grey sections). The highlights came out much starker than I had intended, and I thought about trying to blend them in a bit but in the end I decided that it adds to the whole other-wordly semi-daemonic air of the models.

Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 01 2015, 13:37

A productive Christmas has been spent at work painting up my Secret Santa present Very Happy
If you are interested in a stage-by-stage update, you can see it in the Secret Space Raid thread, but here is the finished result:

Thing is, he looks lonely on his own. I think I might have to convert a few more Talos riders to go with him now...

Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Sun Jan 04 2015, 14:13

I LOVE that ridden Talos, and I'm happy to hear that you're planning to convert it some pals Smile

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
The Yak
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Mon Jan 05 2015, 23:35

I saw your Avatar pic and knew I would have to hunt down your plog.

Love the Haemoncumistress! Think it works so well, the spread of arms is perfect. She oozes Haemonculus arrogance and patience.

Really enjoyed flicking through your plog. From Lady Malys and the Poisoned Tongue contingent through your old classics combined with new stuff, then on to that amazing pain engine gifted to you by Dragontree.

Hope you do make some more of them. It has certainly inspired me for Aestra Khromys' personal pain engine "The Overseer".

Great Stuff

Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Jan 13 2015, 22:43

Latest WIP: I have been working on a Voidraven Bomber, which was a Christmas present.  It is a beautiful model  Smile  ... just a shame the rules aren't up to much  Rolling Eyes .

I chickened out with the freehand patterns on the top and copied one of the ones used by 'Eavy Metal (although in different colours), partly 'cos I like how it looks so much.  The ones on the underside are my own doodles though.

Just got to finish off the base for it now.  I have been fiddling around with ways to try to give the flying stand a bit more height - to differentiate it a bit more from my Razorwing.  The next update will follow when it's sorted.

Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Tue Jan 13 2015, 23:06

Hell yeah. It looks great... The freehand is rad. I don't care a wit that you copied the WD symbol it blew me away the first time I saw it and it looks even cooler in orange. The silver on the wings looks really good too.

BTW I know the rules aren't GREAT but they aren't terrible either. Mine's been hit or miss but if you have a wingman for the bad bird it helps a lot.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Wed Jan 14 2015, 08:39

Looks great - and to be honest I wouldn't have noticed the pattern was the same as the Eavy Metal version - the different colours mean it looks very different anyway!

I too don't think they're that bad - expensive yes, but what sells it for me is the void mine scattering only 6".

Mind you, I do see perhaps more than the average share of deep striking terminator type infantry.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Wed Jan 14 2015, 23:12

@Cavalier wrote:
Hell yeah. It looks great... The freehand is rad. I don't care a wit that you copied the WD symbol it blew me away the first time I saw it and it looks even cooler in orange. The silver on the wings looks really good too.
Thanks very much Smile   The silver on the wings started with my Razorwing.  As the fluff says the pilots are ex-Reavers, I figured that mine wanted some bladevanes on his aeroplane.  It worked nicely on the first one, so I've just carried the theme through.

And it's now based, so I can get it on the table.  I'll try not to be so pessimistic about the rules when I field it tomorrow Wink

The Imperial stores container on the base was a stationery packet that was about the right size and shape to serve my purposes.  It then got some green stuff snow banks piled around it, some snapped sprue to represent wreckage, and a paint job to show who it belongs to.  I think it serves the purpose nicely of giving a little more loftiness to my bomber.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 09:30

That's perfect, really emphasises the extra size of the voidraven too i think.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 11:17

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
That's perfect, really emphasises the extra size of the voidraven too i think.

Indeed! Nice paint job and a very nice pattern, on both the top- and the underside;-)
I always think that a well painted model always performs well, otherwise it will not get a place in the glass cabinet....

Anyway, hope he performed well!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 12:13

Oh man looks so cool! The base is awesome on the VR. Are you running a Razorwing with it? If so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. If you can nuke the anti-air the VR and the Razorwing should rule the skies. Just stay away from twin-linked fire and dont be afraid to fly off the board.

BTW you had to have some freakin stones to freehand those designs man... wanted to mention that.

Also don't you wish you could vectorstrike other flyers with those wings?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   Thu Jan 15 2015, 15:41

Another amazing Voidraven on this forum. The free-hand markings really makes it pop.

Nice idea with raising it slightly.

They look great together. There is not much better than seeing a Razorwing and Voidraven paired up in a photo.

I don't think I am the only forum member going "Thhhhhhhiiiiiiiiioooooowwwwwhhooooosshhhhhh!!!!" as I look at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log   

Back to top Go down

The Bloodspray Corsairs - Plastikente's Project Log
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: