HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?   Mon Aug 13 2012, 02:23

I have been looking to expand my Dark Eldar force and am facing a bit of a quandry at this point.

I currently have an extensive force, but minus the fliers and venoms, it is entirely 3rd edition models-- including a compliment of taloi. I want to add a pair of Cronos to the collection, however after seeing the size difference between the 3rd edition Talos and the new Cronos-- both of them really look awful on the board together, in my opinion. So the simple answer seems to be hunting down a few old Talos models, and converting a Cronos from those in order to maintain a consistent size across the army.

However, I am concerned that this may be considered modelling for advantage by random players at the LGS or local tournaments. Sure, I understand that their thoughts should likely not matter, but I wanted to get the opinion of the forum. It really is just a looks thing as I am bulking out a Coven list (more on that later) and I am trying to maintain the look with the 3rd ed models as much as possible as the collection evolves.

So.... thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?   Mon Aug 13 2012, 07:54

It's a perfectly valid conversion. You're using an older GW official model. Plus, if they argue, just remind them that it also means your Cronos can't shoot as easily, which is what it kinda wants to be doing.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?   Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:38

I say go for it. Anyone who complains about the size of your converted Cronos will probably also be bothered about your Talos being small. True the Talos is an official miniature (albeit an old one) whereas the Cronos isn't, but the two are supposed to be about the same size (though no two need be identical, which gives further fluff justification for yours). And, as Aroshamash points out, size/TLoS cuts both ways anyway.
Back to top Go down
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?   Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:15

Thanks for the comments. I was just trying to figure out how much of a headache it would be. But barring any strong comments, it does not look like I should be too concerned about that. Now the only question is "how?" I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Conversions and Old Models, or Modelling for Advantage?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: