50% [ 30 ]
Space Marine Captain
3%
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 20:26

Librarian and Warboss for the same reasons. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 21:11

I'm going to go with Illuminor and the Warboss.

If I'm honest, I know nothing about the Necron characters, but I like his awesome legs. That's what I'm basing my decision off.

For the second match everybody knows that green is best!

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 21:23

Oh, Thor, I'm gonna need you to change all instances of "the" when the warboss speaks to "da"

Also, "them" to "dem"

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 21:42

I thought I did have 'them' as 'dem' I opted to avoid 'da' simply for legibility's sake.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 22:33

The ork didn't mention Panzees or Beakies!

It's a tough choice between the combi-scorcha or the combi-rokkit. Still with WAAAGH! the boss has fleet for a turn so he will probably get the charge and krump face, so the rokkit is probably worth it for a 5+ luck shot. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Wed Aug 08 2012, 22:51

First round, I'm giving it to Illuminor Szeras. Why? Mostly because he can come back from Instant Death. Libby can't. All it takes is one hit from that lance and Libby is toast. Quickening isn't worth that much either. Sure, he'll get Fleet, which is cool, but I10 is wasted against Necrons who almost always strike last anyway. All in all, Librarian has to do way more to kill off Szeras, while our Ancient Enemy only has to sit and shoot.

Second round, Warboss. This isn't even a contest. One wound from Power Klaw and a failed invulnerable save is enough, while the Captain will struggle to bring the Warboss down due to his toughness. Green > Blue, in short.

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 00:57

Illuminor Szeras and da Boss. Because Xenos are better than Marines.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 01:19

Librarian, force sword in cc is huge and he "should" be able to close fast. Warboss for two reasons, T5 and have you seen my avatar???

ftayl5
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 06:35

Illuminor Szeras will fry the marine before he can even move.
Due to his range of extra equipment the marine cannot afford, the Ork Warboss outclasses the captain in every phase and will win.
Back to top Go down
Komm
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 07:24

I will admit, I've been stalking this for a while now, vastly entertaining and I will agree, Illuminator Szeras will fry that poor Libby before he has a moment to twitch, and if that fails, he can always get right back up. As for the Warboss will most likely simply tear off the captains arm and beat him to a crater with it.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:28

I would love to see the smurfs fall out, but due to the potency of the librarian, sadly, i have to vote for him. So firs match Librarian.
Da sekun' match 'aint no dat big'uf a deal. WoBoss gona' stom dat capm in to a blood an' blue pulp, ready t'be served up fo da emprah fo lunch! Sekun' match be da WoBoss!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:31

@Archon Farath Mure wrote:

I thought Necrons were marines...

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:50

@Mushkilla wrote:
@Archon Farath Mure wrote:

I thought Necrons were marines...

No, they are just MEQ, for they have 50%chance do die to bolters, than a 50% to get back on their feet Smile So basically 25% of them dies, while 33%of the marines die. Your right, they are better. At SHOOTING! XD

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Nomic
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 12:03

The Warboss will trounce the beaky git so hard it isn't even funny. If the Captain had a power weapon he might stand a chanse, but as it is, he isn't likely to do that much damage to the Boss, and a single failed invulnerable save means he's dead.

The other fight is a lot closer. Librarians have a 4++ save too, right? Szeras is likely to get one shot at him, before he uses fleet to get into combat and tear him apart. Hard to say who would win, but I think I'm leaning on the Librarian.

Aroshamash
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:18

It was really a toss-up between the Librarian and Szeras, as they've both got some pretty good advantages, but in the end, it's easier for the Librarian to bring his strengths to bear, and keep them in play, than it is for Szeras. I agree with the Warboss trouncing the Captain though, the Captain just doesn't have the offensive power to take the Warboss down before the Warboss gets that one ID hit through. I'm so going to laugh if it's won by the Captain taking a rokkit to the chest on the first turn, though.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:42

The Warboss is better equipped to deal with the Captain than the other way round.

The other fight is more complicated. First a question: What is the Librarians second psychic power?
If it's force Dome I'll bet on the Librarian, but if not then I'd favor Illuminor Szeras, because I really want him to win, since he's a great character.

I must rule with eye and claw — as the hawk among lesser birds.
Back to top Go down
Starstrider
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 13:43

Pretty close call for the first round but I think I'll go with the Librarian if just for the fact that backing a Necron would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

For the second round, no contest. The Warboss should easily win that one.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 17:51

Illuminor Szeras and Warboss. Just not enough wargear for the captain and the librarian just isn't tough enough in cc to overcome Illuminor, 2 attacks less and only 1 WS more isn't a big enough gap to swing it to my mind.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
NiteOwl
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 20:08

I vote for Librarian and Warboss.

The four-legged-one will probably miss with his shooting attack and then he is in the corner.....and the warboss? Well with all that stuff he have, killing a naked smurf will be too easy. But who knows? I was wrong last time... Razz

Zanais
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 21:48

Illuminator and Warboss

That Orc is loaded with da stuff.
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:35

Illuminator as much as i hate tau fights, that lance has the better chance to insta-kill first, which is what the game is about really. If that 1 shot misses im "attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis", but i like his chances.

Warboss

WAAAAAAAGHH!!!!! Need i say more?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Fri Aug 10 2012, 01:16

alexwellace - 1 -
Archon Farath Mure - 1 - Illuminor - Warboss
Aroshamash - 2 - Librarian - Warboss
Barking Agatha - 1 -
Cavash - 2 - Illuminor - Warboss
Darkgreen Pirate - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
Enfernux - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
fatyl5 - 1 - Illuminor - Warboss
Komm - 0 - Illuminor - Warboss
KnightSeerValkia - 1 -
Lord Clazaryn - 1 -
Mushkilla - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
NiteOwl - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
Nomic - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
PartridgeKing - 1 -
Ruke - 1 - Librarian - Warboss
Shadows Revenge - 1 -
Siticus the Ancient - 1 - Illuminor - Warboss
Starstrider - 0 - Librarian - Warboss
The_Burning_Eye - 1 - Illuminor - Warboss
Tiri Rana - 1 - Warboss
Zanais - 0 - Illuminor - Warboss

=============================================

@Tiri Rana - to answer our question, I didn't assign a second power. Might of the Ancients seems the most logical to give him, I don't see how Force Dome will help - because he has frag grenades to ignore charges through cover, and can opt to take a cover save on the shooting round regardless. In close combat he'll just use his regular armor save anyway.

Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Fri Aug 10 2012, 07:21

Woops, thought I had added mine. My prediction is [Librarian/b] and [b]Warboss though that's probably pretty standard.

alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:00

You missed my prediction out Thor, Illuminor - Warboss
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:06

Cool, thanks for the reminders, alex, I will always probably need some of them Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles   

Back to top Go down

Dark Olympiad - Lightweight Round Battles
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: