HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:21

Hey all, I've decided to finally give the FW Corsair list a run with the new 6th edition rules. The LFGS is running an escalation league starting at 500pts. Should give me a good feel of how they work for usage as allies for my Dark Eldar army while letting me bridge the gap to my CWE army.

Here it is:
HQ:
(110) Corsair Prince with PW

Troops:
(215) Corsair Squad (5)with SCat's
Falcon with Holofield and ShCannon

(90) Corsair Squad with SCat's
Venom with SCannon

(85) 3 Corsair Jetbikers with 1 SCannon

The list is clearly light on AT with 2 S8 shots from the PL, but does sport 9 S6 shots from SCannons. There won't be all that many heavy armor at 500pts, and I am limited by only having Guardian models with SC's until my Corsair parts arrive. The next block of points will include a 10 man squad with jetpacks and ML's along with upgrades for the Corsair squads(fusion guns, SCannons) The army does have a lot of speed and the Corsair Jetbikes have scout for outflank.

What do you think?

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:31

Fast, mobile and an unholy amount of shots from an oddly small number of soldiers, describes all Eldar perfectly. Very Happy

So, are you converting the Prince, or do you have him already made?
I'm not too familiar with Corsair army lists, andhow they differ from CWE and DEldar, but it seems like an effective core list to begin escalation with.

Finally, do you have any pictures of any of these models? I would awfuly like to see them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!   Wed Jul 04 2012, 23:36

I'm converting the models this week. The prince will be based on the Yriel model with a head swap(bald Raider pilot head FTW!) and a pistol of some kind added. I'll post pictures of him on my painting PLog this weekend/early next week.

They differ from CWE in that:
Basically guardians with BS4. the prince allows three units to deep strike and has a bombardment option similar to a SM chapter master.

I toyed with taking out the Falcon for another venom to squeeze another unit in there, but I think that the list looks decent as is.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!   Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:36

naturally pics will be demanded of the conversions.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!   Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:41

@Ebonhart wrote:
naturally pics will be demanded of the conversions.

I have a few in my DE project log, but have been stalled recently by painting DE for an upcoming Apocalypse event at my LFGS. You can see the head swap on the Yriel model. Yriel looks badass bald Twisted Evil (Then again, I think every Eldar/Dark Eldar model looks better with the bald Raider pilot head Twisted Evil )

Back to top Go down

Eldar Corsair list for an escalation league. C+C wanted!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: