Share | 

FW 6th FAQ is out

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: FW 6th FAQ is out   4/7/2012, 23:45

Decided to post this here rather than in News & Rumours for now. Looks like we'll see how our FW vehicles shape up in the new edition. Possible 4 Hull Points and high amount of AP2 shooting may make the Tantalus interesting in the new edition; money is on the Raven to take even more of an anti-flyer role.

This thread will serve as discussion of the changes when they drop.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on 6/7/2012, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   6/7/2012, 20:12

The FW FAQs are out.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/v/vehicle6thupdates.pdf

Tantalus has 4 Hull Points, Reaper has 3.

Raven has the biggest changes, only 2 Hull Points but gets Vector Dancer and Strafing Run, meaning the 10 splinter shots will hit ground troops on 2's with a chance to pin. Vector Dancer lets you pivot another 90 after you have moved but can't go out flat out. Raven has got much better in my view.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   6/7/2012, 20:13

still have to ok FW rules by your opponent, sadly...

Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   6/7/2012, 20:31

It's nice to see that the Tantalus has Deep Strike. Hop in and dish out the death.
I can't see myself ever using one as, quite frankly, I do not have the money, but I may experiment with making my own model.

The Raven looks nice too. I'm not too surprised with it only having 2 HP, but the ability for it to turn an extra ninety degrees will be appreciated, I'm sure.

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   6/7/2012, 20:34

90 degrees before movement and after, very handy...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 08:18

I wish the Raven was FA, tho, like the Nightwing. Our HS slot already has 2 flyers and the Ravager, I don't think I can fit the Raven there. On th other hand, the Nightwing (which is pretty similar) is a FA choise for Eldar and Corsairs, so I could get one of those for an allied detachment. Reaper is also really nice now. It still does suffer from the one gun, one shot problem, but with the changes to glancing hits, when it does hit, it murders most vehicles.

On the Eldar side we have Nightwing, which, as mentioned, is pretty muhc like the Raven except a FA choise, and the Phoenix, which now seems a little more worth it (previously the huge price increase over Nightwing wasn't really justified, but now it has more hullpoints and can strafe). Probably won't be able to fit my Void Dragon Phoenix in my DE list (it costs like 225 points), but it will be making an appearance with my Corsairs. Also, Firestorm may actually be worth considering, being an anti-air gun. Unlike the Hydra, it has the interceptor rule, so it can also shoot at ground troops and can fire when enemy enters from reserve. s6 gun still hurts it tho, as most Imperial flyers are av12 these days.

Mr Believer
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 11:07

Wow, a week after the rules are released and Forge World are already bending them. Presumably the Raven has received such a boost because nobody was buying the incredibly dated model...

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 12:12

I own three of them, so I did my part.

In fact, I got the thrid one just before they revised the Imperial Armour Apoc book to get rid of the Raven Murder Squadron formation (for which, one needed three Ravens). Sad

- Braden
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 12:48

My friend bought me one the other day, I wanted one just for collecting; still need to somehow get my hands on an old FW Razorwing. I don't think they're that bad now, highly maneuverable and great against ground units but I like to think a Venom isn't far behind that at only half the points.

If FW were to redo the model in the new aesthetics then you'd seem them on tables.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 13:41

well a venom does not have 2 AA Dark clances. I currently have two, and i find the rules fitting. 2 HP fits the size and the better mobility makes them pretty good.

Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 14:52

It's just one twin-linked Dark Lance and flyers all have skyfire anyway so a slight nerf, unless AA grants interceptor?

Back to top Go down
Ereshkigal
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 15:01

I never played apocalypse, tell me something if you can:
Which rulebook do i need to play apocalypse? Imperial Armour Apocalypse second edition, wh40k apocalypse and? (aeronautica? the others imperial armour?)

I'd like to start to play it but i really don't understand what i need.

p.s.: is it fun? Or it's worse than 40k?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 16:45

the nerf to holofields is insane... only giving you shrouding means that anything that ignores cover (oh... D weapons) goes right through them. So Imperial Titans and even Ork Titans have protection from Titan weapons, but Eldar are just left there... standing...

As the FAQ said they will update things as they come up, and this is just a stop-gap. Lets hope it stays that way... and they fix things quickly

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 17:18

Any word on when they might release FW army list FAQ's? the LFS is starting an escalation league in which I will be playing Corsairs. I don't plan on using a Void Dreamer(Farseer) but am curious about Mastery level. I'll have to look the list over and shoot them an email.

Thanks for posting this Sky. Twisted Evil

ESE

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 17:28

The better question is:

Why does the FW Eldar Flyers get Vector Dancer and the GW ones don't?

stupid gw ;/

http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 17:31

HEROBEAR wrote:
The better question is:

Why does the FW Eldar Flyers get Vector Dancer and the GW ones don't?

stupid gw ;/
Because they cost less$$$$? Razz
Honestly, I think my budding Corsair army just decided to recruit a Nightwing Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 18:18

The Phantom Titan still has its 4++/3++ save tho, as it doesn't have an Eldar Titan Holofield, but the Enchanced Eldar Titan Holofield, which has completely different rules (always gives 4++ saves, which are upgraded to 3++ if it moves, and enemy superheavies/gargantuan creatures need 6s to hit it in close combat).

Ereshkigal
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 18:44

Can someone please answer me? :'l (Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 19:35

@Ereshkigal wrote:
Can someone please answer me? :'l (Very Happy)
You only need the Apocalypse book to play. There are a lot of formation sheets on the GW site

Back to top Go down
Ereshkigal
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 19:36

Didn't find the tantalus, the raven and the other flier in the apocalypse rulebook at all... Just extra old DE pictures.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   7/7/2012, 19:46

The Forge World site will tell you which book you need for those models(you don't have to play Apocalypse to play those models, but if you do want to play Apocalypse you need the Apocalypse book) Sorry, I answered your question as worded Razz

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   8/7/2012, 01:13

You'll find the Tantalus and Reaper in FW's Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition, rules for the Raven will be in the upcoming Imperial Armour Aeronautica. There was a WD in the past 12 months (Xmas issue?) that had datasheets for new formations for us.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   9/7/2012, 19:35

@Shadows Revenge wrote:
the nerf to holofields is insane... only giving you shrouding means that anything that ignores cover (oh... D weapons) goes right through them. So Imperial Titans and even Ork Titans have protection from Titan weapons, but Eldar are just left there... standing...

As the FAQ said they will update things as they come up, and this is just a stop-gap. Lets hope it stays that way... and they fix things quickly

FYI - courtesy of reds8n on Dakka:

reds8n wrote:
from facebook

" Apologies to all those Eldar players who've been wailing and gnashing their teeth... we've corrected the Holo Field rule and we've also added a Psykers update to our Downloads section (this is what you get when you do things in a hurry)."

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Downloads.html
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   9/7/2012, 19:39

Now only if GW was like this..

http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: FW 6th FAQ is out   9/7/2012, 20:17

atleast one GW subsidiary listens Razz

Current List: