HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

BL: Xenology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: BL: Xenology   Thu Jun 02 2011, 15:01

Another parcel dropped through the door today. I've been chasing a copy of Xenology for a while, having missed it's original release having been on a sabbatical from the hobby for a few years. I've been watching prices on Ebay and finally found a price I found acceptable.

This book is amazing. The following review from Amazon will describe it better and quicker than I can...

Xenology is the study of aliens and this book sheds some light onto their biology and history. Taking the form of an Inquisitorial report into a zoo created, by a discredited in Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos, to study the aliens that threaten the Imperium. The report contains dissections of well known aliens from the Warhammer 40,000 game as well as some that currently only exist in the background, such as the Umbra and the Hrud. The text between each dissection is the account of the investigating Inquisitor as he tries to keep control of a steadily worsening situation.

This book is a great source of information of the aliens of the 40K game and is packed full of information as well as some brilliant drawings of the dissections. I was originally suspicious of the plot that threads through the book as I thought it would detract from the background information but instead it does give a structure to the book that would otherwise be lacking. This book is a great source of information for those wishing to find out more about the race that they play or for any budding Inquisitor out there.

There is a small section regarding the Dark Eldar as well as a larger part detailing the dissection of the Craftworld kin. Defo worth a look.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Xenology   Thu Jun 02 2011, 15:05

I hate you. I don't see myself paying $90 US for one.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: BL: Xenology   Thu Jun 02 2011, 15:13

The internet tells me I paid $63.39 for it, including postage and packaging.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Xenology   Thu Jun 02 2011, 15:21

There's one I've been watching, but I don't want to drop $90 on a book I may read a few times. I've read the Libra Chaotica: Slaanesh quite a few times, but I only dropped $40 for that.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer

PostSubject: Re: BL: Xenology   Sat Jun 04 2011, 04:55

Xenolgy has a fair bit of Eldar fluff in it, I just too lazy to look over the damn thing when it's written like a collection of notes, so the fonts is really annoying.

Take all the stuff in it with a grain of salt, some of it may be out of date by now.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/

BL: Xenology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Stories & Art; The Black Library
-
Jump to: