HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:04

Well i'm beginning a new Dark Eldar army (had a large one back when they were first released that i eventually sold off)
I have eventually gave into the temptation of the newer and all together more sinister new models.

First off here's my test model for my colour scheme...

Opinions and critique welcome.
note - the base needs sorting but haven't decided on the type of foliage i want yet and i still might change the jewels to a dark green or blue for a bit on contrast.

Here's a picture of my converted Venom i made from spare parts, some plasticard and an old vyper

and here's a quick shot of the painting queue so far (still another battle force to assemble)

Whaduyutink?

Last edited by lonewolf on Sun May 13 2012, 22:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:12

love the test model, very lava-like, could maybe look at getting a brighter shade on the very edge highlights if i were to be picky

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Thu Apr 05 2012, 23:08

Cool conversion work! Off to a great start with the red.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Fri Apr 06 2012, 20:23

cheers guys, the orange highlights are a touch brighter IRL but i might try adding some yellow to it for the final highlight.
Thanks to the surprisingly dry weather today i got everything undercoated so i can start getting some paint on the guys.

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:28

working on my Archon tonight got him about 80% done, trying to get him done tonight and i'll post some piccys if i do.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 07:16

Awesome colour scheme, luv it!

I really like how you placed the Venom forebody over an old Reaver, looks good Lonewolf.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 09:15

Got my Archon finished a bit later than i planned and couldn't get a photo last night
Grabbed a few piccys this morning though thanks to the overcast skies i'm struggling to get any good ones.

Whaduyutink?

Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 09:23

photo bucket seems to be shrinking stuff again

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 11:27

that's AWESOME!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Stuey Vuitton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:22

Archon is awesome, love the gore on his blade and cloak. Really nasty & dangerous looking.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 16:28

Dead-sexy stuff Twisted Evil The gems on the Archon really stand out well. Can't wait to see this army progress!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 17:26

cheers guys, the original warrior had red/orange jewels but i decided to ghange them to a jade colour to make them stand out/contrast a bit more. paint them up and give them a coat of gloss varnish and they come out a treat.
away on holiday this week once i'm back i plan to get stuck into my first warrior squad.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 08 2012, 23:07

I must agree, the skulls and the gore are great touches, this is one of the nicest Archons I have seen yet.

But those jade gems are excellent.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:13

My take on Duke Sliscus

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Sun Apr 15 2012, 23:47

Awesome Duke.
The cape on your Archon is impressive. I like how tall and imposing he is next to that Warrior. You certainly wouldn' want to get on his bad side.

Back to top Go down
ramtastic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Mon Apr 16 2012, 00:43

love the red effects on the head and armour!

For Khaine shall rise again"

Attr. Khaeloryx God-Waker

The Cult of Khaine Ascendant
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Tue Apr 17 2012, 22:38

No piccys to update yet, spent the last couple of days assembling stuff.
I now have
One venom, two raiders, six reavers, two ten man kabalite warrior squads, two ten man
Wyche squads and one duke Sliscus assembled.
Now to hope the weathers dry enough for me to undercoat them tomorrow so I can get somepainting done.

Last edited by lonewolf on Tue Apr 24 2012, 02:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Wed Apr 18 2012, 13:59

nice colours...

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Tue Apr 24 2012, 02:01

little bit of an update.
Been working on my first squad of Kabalite Warriors about half way through the red on these guys to get it where it needs to be.
Also got a bit bored so experimented with skin colour.

Whaduyutink?

Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Tue Apr 24 2012, 14:04

i meticulously layer 50 million shades interspaced with at least 32 washes to get my flesh. seriously. so nothing. jokes Wink ...i think it works well. the fleshy bits stand out heaps.

Is that red? i thought it was orange Embarassed

just a suggestion: some bright-ass yellow around the eyes on the helmeted dudes for the glowing effect. you look like youve got a really steady hand, you get the fine line of black around the eyes, so itd be no problem for you, the yellow would give them an intense glare i think. and when i look at your stuff i think INTENSE. i HATE painting eyes, not much to say for myself there... so like i said just a suggestion.

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
kizzdougs
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Tue Apr 24 2012, 14:35

You've got some awesome looking minis lonewolf! The colour scheme is particularly impressive. I'm not usually a fan of 'warm' colours such as red on DE but you have convinced me otherwise.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work, particularly that skin tone. It would look great on some Wyches or Hellions.

Ps. The duke is looking very promising. Can't wait to see some paint on him!
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Tue Apr 24 2012, 16:44

Cheers guys, the red itself isn't finished in these pics there is still another 3 layers to go.
The red I finished off today and i'll post some pics when I can.

I'm really looking forward to painting the duke but he's not quite at the top of the painting queue, next a vehicle then wyches before him.

Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Wed Apr 25 2012, 23:41

well after my first game today with my Dark Eldar i've decided my force is in dire need of a Haemonculus.
Didn't really want to fork out the cash for a model i don't really like (i like the Urien Rakarth model but not the std Haemy, much prefer the older original ones)
So to solve this problem i broke out the ever growing coven laboratory that is my bits box and started cutting and slicing as a good flesh sculptor should. Broke out my nemesis the dreaded green stuff too.
This is the end result...

Whaduyutink?

Back to top Go down
teh603
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Thu Apr 26 2012, 00:27

Nice use of the Adrenal Gland and Scytals. I tend to use my Adrenals with a Toxin Sac to make a six-legged turtle creature, so actually seeing it on a figure is nice. The lower torso is a little confusing, though. What the heck is up with those legs?
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   Thu Apr 26 2012, 00:32

That is one awesome Haemonculus, loving the Tyranid extensions! The lower body is crazy, but cool crazy. Looking forward to seeing more from you =]

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

@Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)   

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Crimson Skull (updated 13/05/12)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: