Share | 

Old Vs. New - Battle of the Vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Old vs. New?
The Old Vehicles were best, Dissie FTW!
11%
 11% [ 5 ]
New Vehicles all the way, they can actually survive sneezes.
63%
 63% [ 29 ]
That's a tough one, I'm going to say both are equally awesome.
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Flying wet-naps with rocket engines don't need your polls to justify their worth!
22%
 22% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 46

AuthorMessage
corollax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs. New - Battle of the Vehicles   Fri Apr 27 2012, 05:54

Thanks. That helps quite a lot. I'll ditch the haywires, possibly for horrorfexes. Do we still have to forgo shooting one of our weapons to use it? If so, how does that work with weapon destroyed results?

If a Ravager can fire 3 plasma cannons and force a rather difficult pinning test, that'd make a pretty strong argument for the old vehicles. Ultimately, the question of whether it's defensive or not isn't a huge deal -- you're going to have to fire 2/3 of your Disintegrators in Sustained Mode, anyway. It's really more important to know whether the horrorfex's weird wording is still in effect.

I suppose the defensive classification would matter for Raiders, but I don't think it matters much. Vehicles are immune to pinning tests and the Raiders usually carried Dark Lances, not Disintegrators.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs. New - Battle of the Vehicles   Sat Apr 28 2012, 03:58

@corollax wrote:
Thanks. That helps quite a lot. I'll ditch the haywires, possibly for horrorfexes. Do we still have to forgo shooting one of our weapons to use it? If so, how does that work with weapon destroyed results?
"Currently" it would be an either or situation I think.
Even if it's not a defensive weapon it's still a weapon - it's an option for weapon destroyed results and must be destroyed before we count as immobilized.

@corollax wrote:
you're going to have to fire 2/3 of your Disintegrators in Sustained Mode, anyway.
Not if you don't move over 6"

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
corollax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Old Vs. New - Battle of the Vehicles   Sat Apr 28 2012, 06:45

@Thor665 wrote:
@corollax wrote:
"Currently" it would be an either or situation I think.
Even if it's not a defensive weapon it's still a weapon - it's an option for weapon destroyed results and must be destroyed before we count as immobilized.
Unfortunate, but I suppose I can only expect so much from a 5 point upgrade. Razz I've seen people try to fire those in lieu of a destroyed weapon, but I'm pretty sure that's not kosher...

@Thor665 wrote:
@corollax wrote:
you're going to have to fire 2/3 of your Disintegrators in Sustained Mode, anyway.
Not if you don't move over 6"
Well, of course! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Old Vs. New - Battle of the Vehicles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: