HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Ok I am new to DE so take it easy on me...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ant7
Slave

PostSubject: Ok I am new to DE so take it easy on me...   Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:43

But I was checking out the Archon challenge thread and I noticed that some people had kabal leaders and others had corsairs. Is there a difference other than the name and fluff? Just curious, I have the codex and I am reading through it but I haven't noticed anything.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ok I am new to DE so take it easy on me...   Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:57

Good question. As far as DE go, it's just a name. There is an actual Eldar Corsairs army list in the new Forge World book made up of Eldar that grew bored with life on the old Craftworld. These are more inline with what Eldar were like in the original Rogue Trade book 25 years ago. Corsairs can take one unit of Kabalites as an Elites choice, but have more in common with Eldar armies in gaming terms. (No pain tokens, poison weapons, though their troops can take Venoms or Falcons as dedicated transports.) Hope this answers your question!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ok I am new to DE so take it easy on me...   Fri Feb 24 2012, 14:39

Yup ESE has pretty much hit the nail on the head. What you're probably seeing in the Archon's challenge are leaders of those Kabal/corsair fleets who ply the void for much of their time have than remaining in the dark city. the prime example is the Duke.

"It is said that it is far better to rule in hell, than to serve in heaven...
To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down

Ok I am new to DE so take it easy on me...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: