HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

I'm not there yet, but I will be.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viking
Hellion

PostSubject: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Wed Feb 15 2012, 01:33

I picked up the start of my DE army. 1 box of Hellions. I'm a Blood Angels player (and I do love them) but th edark side has pulled me in and I kinda like it. I will get these guys painted and and then get more Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Wed Feb 15 2012, 13:41

Coming from power armor to a 5+ save take a lot of getting used to. You really have to learn to grab cover when you can and realize that if something is shooting at you, you are probably going to just fall over and die. Bolters, bolt pistols, etc etc, all bypass our armor save.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Wed Feb 15 2012, 16:10

but on the bright side if you stab them in the eye first, they can't shoot you, and if there's one thing about Dark Eldar, it's that they're rather quick across the ground. And they look good.
Two things about Dark Eldar, they're quick across the ground and they look good. And they're sneaky.
Three things about Dark Eldar... (ok, too much Monty Python referencing, sorry)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Wed Feb 15 2012, 16:28

no one expects the webway portals!!! (second monty python reference)
i think you'll find our speed on the same level as blood angels, though you might have problems with the glass hammer part. on the up side unlike most army tactics that are only kinky the first time, ours get kinkier (very few units in the codex that aren't useful).
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Thu Feb 16 2012, 04:06

I came from wolves to DE. Its more fun, who wants to be a power armored sheep with boring square box transports?

Drugged up space pirate wenches, gurgling monsters, jet fighters, spiky leather. For the Emperor or a good night on the tiles?

On a serious note, DE is a challenging and rewarding army, far beyond what marines can offer. After making the change I have enjoyed my games more and painting is more fun. I've become a better player as DE push you to know and utilize all the rules, as well as master deployment and movement.

Downsides include foam and carry cases. Transporting a rhino is vastly different to a raider. Be prepared to get creative. Plus if you loose, it's usually bad and will sting. But is good for you as a player in the long run.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Thu Feb 16 2012, 23:58

As a DE player since the release of the current codex, I finally assembled enough of my BA for few games at the end of last year...I was smashed to pieces. These 2 armies are completely chalk and cheese, so stick with it as it'll take time to adjust! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Viking
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I'm not there yet, but I will be.   Fri Feb 17 2012, 03:17

I have a little bit more to go, and more commission paint jobs to do before I get all of what I want. I realize they are completely different armies, and I like that. I'm not a competitive player, yes I want to win, but I play the models that I like and try to have fun. Laughing

Now just trying to settle on a paint scheme...I gues that would be in a different section.
Back to top Go down

I'm not there yet, but I will be.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: