HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 16:28

I was looking at my unbuilt Tantalus, box of new on sprue units, unit upon unit on the shelf built for an army list that changed at some point and rendered them redundant. I'm starting to think that I have quite a lot, probably in the region of 3-5k which obviously fluctuates based on upgrades etc. I'm sure my force will be dwarfed by many, especially those hailing from the US of A as they tend to have bigger armies.

How much do you have? Is there a point that you want to stop once reached? What % of your army is painted let alone built?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SirTainly
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 18:02

Working out my list for my Apoc game in 2 weeks, I hit 5K and hadn't counted a load of Wracks, Wyches, Reavers or my Chronos and Talos...I probably have too much! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Siticus the Ancient
Wych

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 18:45

I counted my standing force to go for about 2,5k without excessive bling, easily squeezing out 3,5k on Apocalypse with special characters and such.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 18:59

1912 without any point spent on wargear.

Most of it is not finished, which is depressing.
Damn - gotta go to Monthly Vow thread.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 20:42

I played a 5k game and had left over raiders and didn't use my court or beast packs. I have since then added 2 flyers, a tantalus, more court, 5 grotes, 11 more scourges, 3 more venoms, 10 more wyches, more wracks, and 15 reavers. Most need painting, and alot need assembled, but I would guess near 10k points. planning to add more coven, about 8 more jets, and 3 reapers, and some super-heavies.

Final total once I have everything I plan added should be near 20k, much of it will be scratch built super-heavies. Keep me painting modeling for few years at least, especially with breaks to work on my unpainted craftworld and corsair armies. (orks, nids, marines will say in closet for as far as I can foresee, they haven't been out since 3rd edition anyway)

First army I had back in 1999/2000 was dark eldar, and first models I saw were craftworld eldar from there 3rd edition codex release. So, eldar are the iconic 40k race to me, never understood the marine craze.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 21:18

Roughly 2,000 painted, roughly another 3,500 unpainted/unassembled. If you count my old school DE army, well, we're looking at roughly 4,000 on top of that...In other words-I have too much stuff. It would be interesting/depressing to add up. Mad

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:35

On quick tally I have about 2000+ fieldable. That's not going mad with upgrades but with taking 2 HQs

I've only just started painting. I'm planing to do characters + infantry. Then do vehicles, bikes and beasts.
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.finalcontingency.com
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Tue Feb 07 2012, 00:23

Currently around 1500 in old models and about 3500 in new - and it should all be paintined thin 4 weeks!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
pingualoty
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Tue Feb 07 2012, 01:22

4500ish with no upgrades and only less than 1000 is painted Embarassed

Some are old but most are transports including my never actually used Tanatalus Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Tue Feb 07 2012, 10:19

Well... i would be around 5k painted aswell.
It goes so fast when you count everything together.
And there is around 1000 pts unassembeled and undpainted... and i haven't even started with the haemoculi side of the army Sad
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Tue Feb 07 2012, 20:09

About 4000 points, with about 1500 of it painted.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Blood drinker
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Wed Feb 08 2012, 13:59

Around 4k not including special characters or excess upgrades all painted and no Coven units at all. And a shocker only 2 raiders and 2 venoms and I win a lot of my games, never be afraid to sacrifice a unit for advantage.

you need to be dark,
to appreciate our art!!
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 07:20

I have approximately 3500 worth of Dark Eldar. Most of it is unpainted Sad
Back to top Go down
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 17:07

Too many? I may have to go with that.

I would say about 6k in Dark Eldar. But I have been kicking around the idea to start a dark carnival Haemonculi army, so we'll see if it STAYS at 6k.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:05

I'm at about 8,000 fieldable (unassembled doesn't count)
I'd say about 1,500 of that isn't painted and is just basecoated - rough guess.
2,000 or so is just HQ options...

If we add in my Apoc stuff I get around 9.5K (custom Titan-counts as Revenant and a special Talos-esque MC)

I want to see abjectus take some pictures of 20K of DE, that would be AWESOME!

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:41

I was gifted about 2000 points worth @ Christmas, originally she-who-must-be-obeyed planned on ordering me a megaforce, but I seriously doubt if those even made it to Canada. So a battle force plus bits and bobs (and a convenient rummage sale for some old school models) has me at about 3000 points. Thank goodness Ive got some time off due to having a bionic knee installed, otherwise they probably wouldn't have got assembled till August. So my adventure through the webway begins!

Ophidian Vane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Sat Feb 11 2012, 04:40

I have upwards of 6k, but have not yet begun to collect what I intend to be a ridiculous amount of beasts and beastmasters, or nearly has many grotesques as I hope to have, nor do I yet have any FW reapers or tantaluses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.battleworthy-arts.com
Raneth
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:36

Just over 3.5K I guess

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:57

Once I have 20k painted it will be pictured, Thor665, but that was planned end point, current is more like 10k, and mostly unpainted/badly painted from back in 3rd edition. I still have to assemble tantualus I bought 2 months ago for example, not even cleaned resin yet.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Sat Feb 11 2012, 16:34

Sad

Ah well - I really should try to do some full army shots of my force at some point, just for the ridiculous value of it.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
oberonson
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Thu Feb 16 2012, 03:58

around 180 still unpainted, my kabalite squad

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?   Fri Mar 02 2012, 22:42

I have 1000pts workable as an army, plus Lelith, two boxes of hellions that I have yet to assemble and an old metal talos that I picked up at a car boot sale for £1.

I'm fairly new to DE (started at Christmas), I'm forcing myself to paint each unit before I buy the next, but the hellions are sorely testing my patience though, I really must get on and do them.
Back to top Go down

How many points of Dark Eldar you actually have?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: