Share | 

Viridian Corsairs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:39

It might've just been the brand of parchment paper I got, but even coins on the corners wouldn't have sorted that crap out. It just went all bumpy and rippled everywhere, in addition to being all curly.

I started painting one of my Razorwings. It still needs shadows and highlights on the metal parts as well as runes, but it's mostly done. It's crazy how much that new brush speeds up the whole process.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Stuey Vuitton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sat Mar 31 2012, 11:27

Some really nice stuff, the serpents are amazing looking, something I might try with my force. Also love the use of the dragon cloaks, gives them a really strong theme. Looking forward to seeing more...
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Oct 05 2014, 12:42

Hey guys! It's been a while! I've been wanting to get back to working on my army and the new updates have been just the motivation I needed to get back on the stick.

But now I find myself faced with some dilemmas regarding how to proceed. I have to have a backstory for my minis and my armies are always very character driven. The main HQ character I was working on, the Admiral of my Corsair fleet and my forum namesake, was to use the rules for our recently murdered Duke Sliscus. So now I have to rethink what he is going to be rules-wise, which will have some impact on how the mini will look. On top of that, he was going to be a roleplay character of me, so to speak. Well, one of the reasons I've been absent from the board for so long is due to the recent turmoil in my life culminating with coming to terms with being transgender and starting my transition to female. So while I am reinventing myself, this presents me with the perplexing choice between either reinventing Drago as female, or trying to keep him as he is and then coming up with a female counterpart, perhaps his sister or something. I'm not sure which way to go and I have no particular inspiration for either option, nor any good ideas for what mini's I'd use.

This character identity crisis isn't helped by the fact that I missed 7th edition coming out, and now I have no idea how force organization works anymore and so I have to rethink my entire army as well. LOL

> Project Log <

Last edited by Drago Galizur on Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Oct 05 2014, 16:44

Those Hamonculi are amazing... what Confrontation minis did you use?
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Oct 05 2014, 17:04

@Stuey Vuitton wrote:
Some really nice stuff, the serpents are amazing looking, something I might try with my force. Also love the use of the dragon cloaks, gives them a really strong theme. Looking forward to seeing more...

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have more soon.

@Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Those Hamonculi are amazing... what Confrontation minis did you use?

Thank you. They're both Alchemists of Dirz the one on the left was Syn Assyris and the one on the right was Sykho Volesterus.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Oct 05 2014, 18:02

Drago Galizur wrote:
I've redone Drago's head. Found one with earrings and a better fringe and gave it a flowy top knot from an old DE model. Also you can see the lower body much better.

This is beautiful
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Oct 05 2014, 19:55

These are all beautiful models with painting, love the conversions so excited to see more with this eye candy.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Fri Jan 02 2015, 20:55

I'm not sure what happened to those last few image posts, but here's some new things I've been working on. I've also gone back to GW paint. I was all about Vallejo for quite a while, but the site I ordered from now has a universal $7 shipping cost for all orders, regardless of size, and I kept having bad luck trying to find the right equivalent colors and ended up with a bunch of paint I couldn't use and needing to order more. It ends up being cheaper to just get GW paint from my local store because I can see exactly what the color looks like and there's no shipping. Plus Vallejo paints separate really badly and their bottles, while effective at keeping your paint from drying out, make it really hard to shake up and virtually impossible to stir. Anyway.

Nearly finished Kabalite. Still need to get the right red paints to finish the sash thingies.

And here's a custom Eldar Spiritseer made from a Warlock with hand carved and sculpted helmet, modded wraithguard warp vanes, and Dark Elf Corsair arms. He's the first of 5 for my Shadow Council. The others just need some highlights. I know Spiritseers are supposed to have staves, but we're pirates. lol

> Project Log <

Last edited by Drago Galizur on Sat Jan 03 2015, 16:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Fri Jan 02 2015, 21:16

Here are some reposts of the pics that are were broken links.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Fri Jan 02 2015, 21:23

Some fantastic news, when I moved, I lost that aethersail with the eye painted on it. In the emotional devastation, I decided to redesign my Fleet's symbol and made a few versions:

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sat Jan 03 2015, 12:23

Absolutley gorgeous! Argghhhh I gotta pick up my game! So awesome to see another Corsair player in the project-logs... Man your gold is PERFECT and the green is equally awesome. Phenomenal colour choices and flawless execution... Thanks for sharing man this army is phenomenal.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sat Jan 03 2015, 15:09

Thanks!

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Jan 04 2015, 13:33

Awesome conversions! The Spiritseer works particularly well - a bit edgier than the plain craftworld version.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Sun Jan 04 2015, 14:00

Thanks Plastikente! I'm really happy with them, but it was such a massive pain carving the metal minis to remove their arms and eyes. Lots of dremeling and filing. The one with the fur cloak was an especially daunting challenge, since the warpvanes looked really dumb coming out of it, so I had to carve it down and make it into shoulder armour. Whittling and grinding him into shape took the better part of a day. lol

Also, since I needed so many warpvanes but didn't have the money for extra bits and wasn't about to cut them off of my metal wraithguard, I used some of my sculpting and casting materials to make a teeny silicone mold of one of them and cast 5 sets. I started by casting them in a two part liquid plastic, but it was really tricky to mix such teeny amounts, so I tried pressing Apoxie Sculpt into it and that worked great. Apoxie Sculpt is much softer than green stuff, so it's much easier to press into soft molds. It's also what I used to sculpt the tip on the helmets, since it allowed me to easily blend it in and smooth out the seams.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Thu Oct 29 2015, 14:42

Wow, it's been a while, but I've been working away for the past month or so and finally have enough done that I feel like sharing. I finished a Kabalite squad, which feels like quite an accomplishment since it is my first completed squad for 40k in over a decade. LOL I also finished the Spiritseer Shadow Council! I may also use the Spiritseers as Void Dreamers if I'm not taking any Wraith units.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Mon Nov 02 2015, 08:31

I can't believe I've missed this. Oh my goodness. I LOVE those fleet symbols. I love Aethelflaed and Drago, those are some wonderful names.

The greens are so sumptuous. Your spiritseers are gorge'. I can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:35

Thanks! ^__^

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Wed Nov 04 2015, 05:31

They look great, love the paint scheme and conversions.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    Wed Nov 04 2015, 05:37

Thank you!

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viridian Corsairs    

Back to top Go down