HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you use your command points?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

How do you use your command points? Empty
PostSubject: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2020, 23:58

Hi denizens,

I got my first game in a while in the other day, and found that during the mid-game to late-game, I struggled to find a good use for my command points.

No doubt I’m a bit rusty, but I wanted to check in and ask - how do you like to spend your CP? Have you got favourite stratagems for early, mid and late-game? Or is it rerolls all the way?
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 02:51

Re-rolls are pretty handy for those risky situations. Otherwise, I typically find myself spending it on healing my talos, the flayed skull stratagem, and lightning fast reflexes

Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 05:29

Lightning-Fast Reactions and re-rolls suck up the majority of my command points in most games. Torment Grenades are also very good if you have any Phantasm Grenade Launchers in your list.

Last edited by Burnage on Tue Jan 07 2020, 07:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 07:38

Handy, thanks. I’ll have to give lightning fast reactions a try - I admit the 2CP put me off a bit at first blush.

Any other good ones?
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 08:17

Cruel deception is also extremely potent and becomes useful later in the game too once stuff is in melee. Enhanced aethersails is always one to remember if you are playing maelstrom. I would add haywire grenades too (it's torment grenades for wyches what's not to love)
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 10:14

Agents of Vect is no1 priority for me... I usualy play 2 battalion and an air wing so out of the 14 cp, the 8 are definitely reserved for 2 vect when i need them and the rest go for lightning reflexes, rerolls and sometimes fire and fade which is godly at the right situation and which people keep forgetting...
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 19:49

Agent of vect and rerolls, mostly
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2020, 19:19

Depend for the  enemy , some armies are very dependent on stratagems , in this case Agents for vect.
later in order:
1-Alliance of Agony: in all battles.

2-Lightning fast reactions: The main defensive tool.

3-Fire and Fade: Very useful to take objectives-positions or leave line of sight.

4-Cruel Deception: mon-keigs they hate her.

5-ARCHITECTS OF PAIN: in  some games to charge in turn 1 or to hit with 2s in turn 2s.

6-The torture craft: Currently with experimental creations it is not so necessary, but to ensure a death is very useful.

7-Fleshcraft: Sometimes if there are plenty of points and the enemy left a talos in 1 wound, nothing better than to brighten the day by healing a 1d3.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2020, 20:29

Wow, I have to admit I kinda forgot about using Alliance of Agony. It's kind of just a given that I use it in nearly every game.

Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10 2020, 20:33

I've kind of dropped Alliance now that Drazhar's so good. Hatred Eternal on him actually trumps three other warlord traits, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2020, 08:48

My main uses are for redeploying with Hundred Swords Of Vaul / Phantasm, Prismatic Blur on Skyweavers, buying the Solitaire a Cegorach's Rose, and occasionally using Torments Of The Fiery Pit if he takes a wound in overwatch on the way in, rerolling a key roll such as a Dark Lance damage result or psychic test, and Fire & Fade.

Lightning Fast is still good but with so many of the new Marine hotness rerolling all die rolls, not just failed die rolls, I don't find it as useful as I used to.

Agents of Vect is still very strong for controlling the tempo of a game, but personally I find it harder and harder to justify taking a detachment of Black Heart to unlock it, especially with the Disintegrator (read:Ravager) Nerf and being enticed by new Obsession combos.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Wych
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitimeToday at 07:13

I'm in line with what said above. A strat that I use almost everygame is Enanched Aethersails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you use your command points?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: