HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Baron is (combat)drug-free?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Mon Dec 05 2011, 14:19

I was inspired by Dez's Baron conversion and just got to really looking at his rules. Am I crazy, or does he really not have combat drugs? Seriously, if any of the special characters would do drugs I would think that it would be the leader of a skyboarding gang. Has this been FAQ'd or corrected by GW ever?

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Mon Dec 05 2011, 14:43

Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Mon Dec 05 2011, 15:18

Yeah, he more 'fell from grace' of his Kabal rather than came up through the Hellions. He was apparently really bad ass, and perhaps didn't need the drugs?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Tue Dec 06 2011, 04:39

At least Lelith's drug-free ways are explained with fluff Rolling Eyes At least the conversion should be fun to do when the parts get here. Thanks for giving me something good to steal Dez!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Tue Dec 06 2011, 04:48

Glad to!
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   Tue Dec 06 2011, 08:10

Yep, as others have said, he fell from the Kabals, rather than came up through the Gangs. As such, he's above using such course, low-brow things as "combat drugs!" I mean, he has some class! :p

To rationalise it, he probably does use drugs, just not any of the ones listed as giving effects ruleswise. So, he might use hyper-cocaine before going into battle, but what we see as his normal profile is him under the effects of hyper-cocaine. He just doesn't use hyperdrenaline or adrenalight or any of the others.

The other explanation is that he likes to have a clear head when piloting his sky-board, to better feel the rush of the wind without his mind clouded with stimulants and what-have-you, similar to why Lilith doesn't use them.

Lastly, he seems very much like an Eldar who wants to succeed through his own strength. When he returns to the Kabal in triumph, he wants it to be him, and him alone, who was responsible for his victory. He'll live or die by his strength alone.

PostSubject: Re: Baron is (combat)drug-free?   

Back to top Go down

Baron is (combat)drug-free?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: