HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Christmas Box Set

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

Posts : 89
Join date : 2019-03-03

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 16:48

Oh I agree it would be easy to give us those rules. I just can't see it happening anytime soon. We recieved our new stuff in the Phoenix rising book. It might be a while before any eldar get anything else.
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

Posts : 171
Join date : 2016-02-18

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 17:33

@Serpent Fly wrote:
Oh I agree it would be easy to give us those rules. I just can't see it happening anytime soon. We recieved our new stuff in the Phoenix rising book. It might be a while before any eldar get anything else.


I'm pretty sure everyone here completely agrees.
That's why we're flipping tables.

I have been extremely patient and super cautiously optimistic. Then, we get a set of Incubi and Howling Banshees. Both of which have better rules while still remaining just about average on the table. And Craftworlders, like me, have been waiting for a new Jain Zar for 20 years. Seriously. And her sculpt is good. But her rules are still confusingly 'meh'.
And then they put together a huge box full of plastic! Every other box has been a killer deal with killer models!
And we get Hellions, a Vyper, a Falcon, and a Venom. We like the Venom. But: 1) most of us like them enough that we have all we really need; 2) It cannot carry the stuff around in the box it comes with.

And the box isn't a tremendous deal.

So, we're flipping tables.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2015-12-06
Location : Washington DC

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 22:26

I mean no one can complain about getting more venoms, could always use more and they are welcome in any box. That being said, yeah the box as a whole is a very weird combination and very much feels like it was just GW trying to clear underselling stock like hellions, falcons and vypers.
I think part of the issue with Jain Zar is they couldn't make her massively better than all the other Phoenix Lords, and I think they all deserve a buff.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Posts : 7306
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 16:19

It's Archon, Venom, Razorwing, Talos/Cronos, 20 Kabalites and 3 Reavers.

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 77093085_10157386258826488_6986257506628534272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnx-m9Dema_O88bW3wHT8qrXowVLDX_7OcV82zCEEpTR5ryaIUSNPFCLA_GEd2b5tI&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

_________________
Christmas Box Set - Page 3 YhBv3Wk
You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2017-09-12

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 16:24

Not bad but it's a real clusterfuck of a box considering our army rules.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Posts : 1109
Join date : 2015-12-06
Location : Washington DC

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 16:27

Honestly that's not bad at all. More kabalites is always good, the talos, razorwing and venoms are all good and something everyone wants more of. Reavers less so but that's fine, one unit out of the box being less useful is a pretty good deal, especially compared to being forced into say hellions.

Now if it's a good price, I'll be grabbing it.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 3794
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 16:56

For large box sets, i miss the olden days ones, where it was an actually force, like a 500pt force box. WTF is this box? lol

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
CWE 5k+
I miss Corsairs
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1090
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 17:12

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Honestly that's not bad at all. More kabalites is always good

Why? We "all" have all the kabalites we need. It's not like we will start playing large blobs of them. (I would be tempted to do so for the lol, but I know it would be a sub-par list)
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Posts : 455
Join date : 2018-03-04
Location : maybe

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 17:38

yeah its a real clusterfuck but i kinda need everything whats in it
the talos just for fluff reasons but yeah
I'm happy
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 856
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 17:57

I do wonder why GW are so stingy with ravagers. There is yet to be a boxed set containing one, and GW moved them to mail-order only for some reason a while back.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Posts : 455
Join date : 2018-03-04
Location : maybe

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:04

if you buy them with a discount in the box gw makes less money than if you buy it directly from the webstore
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 3794
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:06

Box sets never have the top sellers in them.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
CWE 5k+
I miss Corsairs
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

Posts : 117
Join date : 2011-12-10

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:09

@krayd wrote:
I do wonder why GW are so stingy with ravagers. There is yet to be a boxed set containing one, and GW moved them to mail-order only for some reason a while back.

There was a Ravager in the best Dark Eldar box set of all times, the Dark Eldar Megaforce. I've started my army with 2 of those and I've still some models left unbuild after all this time lol
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 3794
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:28

@Garion wrote:
@krayd wrote:
I do wonder why GW are so stingy with ravagers. There is yet to be a boxed set containing one, and GW moved them to mail-order only for some reason a while back.

There was a Ravager in the best Dark Eldar box set of all times, the Dark Eldar Megaforce. I've started my army with 2 of those and I've still some models left unbuild after all this time lol

All 4th/5th edition boxes were 500x better than anything now.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
CWE 5k+
I miss Corsairs
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-01-29
Location : East Coast

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:46

This would be a great great boxset if there were any mechanism to make an army that wasn't a single choice of coven/cult/kabal. I miss dark eldar armies being a mishmash of different heinous fiends. I am dating myself, but when I first started playing Dark Eldar, a wych cult army wasn't even a thing you could do yet.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1090
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 18:58

@Ripper.McGuirl wrote:
This would be a great great boxset if there were any mechanism to make an army that wasn't a single choice of coven/cult/kabal. I miss dark eldar armies being a mishmash of different heinous fiends. I am dating myself, but when I first started playing Dark Eldar, a wych cult army wasn't even a thing you could do yet.

In 3rd edition you could have a wych cult army. You had to choose an archite instead of the archon and the wyches were troop choice and kabalites were elite.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2017-09-12

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 19:03

@dumpeal wrote:
@Ripper.McGuirl wrote:
This would be a great great boxset if there were any mechanism to make an army that wasn't a single choice of coven/cult/kabal. I miss dark eldar armies being a mishmash of different heinous fiends. I am dating myself, but when I first started playing Dark Eldar, a wych cult army wasn't even a thing you could do yet.

In 3rd edition you could have a wych cult army. You had to choose an archite instead of the archon and the wyches were troop choice and kabalites were elite.

That was only in the 2nd edition of the 3rd edition Codex, the original one didn't have that option.
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-01-29
Location : East Coast

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 19:50

Exactly. I guess my point is that this is kind of how a dark eldar army should look, in my head.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1090
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 20:12

@Ripper.McGuirl wrote:
Exactly. I guess my point is that this is kind of how a dark eldar army should look, in my head.

It would be nice if they changed the rules to say "If you add coven or cult in a kabal detachment, they don't benefit the obsession. If A kabal detachment possess more kabal units than non-kabal, kabals can keep the benefits of their obsessions, even if there are other subfactions in it"
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-01-29
Location : East Coast

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 20:24

Agreed!
Regardless, I want this box.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Sess
Hellion
Sess

Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-10-07

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 20:34

Really like the box set. It's not following a specific sub faction but it just has really good units overall. I definitely want it, will get me my 3rd flier for an air wing and more warriors, venoms, and talos are always nice. The box has like 600-700 worth of points which is pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
krayd

Posts : 856
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 20:41

As I recall, in the first 3rd edition codex, you could take a wyche cult army *if* you took Lelith Hesperax as an HQ. Then, in the 2nd version of the 3rd ed codex, they added the Arcite and Dracite to the list of HQ's, and allowed you to take a generic wyche cult list.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1090
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 20:47

@krayd wrote:
As I recall, in the first 3rd edition codex, you could take a wyche cult army *if* you took Lelith Hesperax as an HQ. Then, in the 2nd version of the 3rd ed codex, they added the Arcite and Dracite to the list of HQ's, and allowed you to take a generic wyche cult list.

I only started with 3rd second edition, so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

Posts : 89
Join date : 2019-03-03

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 21:11

Yesss! 3rd ed second ed codex (weird to say but that's it)! Great book from back in the day, miss those HQ options. New box just feels weird to me with our current rules. Some scourges would seem a better fit than reavers or talos.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1090
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 21:49

@Serpent Fly wrote:
Yesss! 3rd ed second ed codex (weird to say but that's it)! Great book from back in the day, miss those HQ options. New box just feels weird to me with our current rules. Some scourges would seem a better fit than reavers or talos.

They still have a big lot of reavers in their warehouse that even gang of commoragh couldn't empty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Christmas Box Set - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Box Set   Christmas Box Set - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Christmas Box Set
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: