New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork Empty
PostSubject: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2019, 20:02

A reddit user shared this link https://warhammerart.com/shop/warhammer-40000/alien-xenos/drahzar-vs-jain-zar/
is this new artwork and/or can we expect smth from it?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2019, 21:25

well i think we can be like 99.9% sure now that we get updated models for both

what is also interesting is the drukhari vehicle design in the background that looks like a mix between a tantalus and a reaper... hmmm
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2019, 21:32

i wouldnt read to much into that, we already have artwork with some variations of wargear, but never received an update
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2019, 21:36

Yeah I'm not so sure this means anything, it's not clear where this really comes from. Could just be anyone making this artwork.

That being said, Drahzar vs Jain Zar certainly seems possible. I imagine we'll have a better idea next Monday.

Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 00:39

Since this is official Warhammer art, the important thing to note is that Drazhar looks very different to his current model - given that their current policy seems to be that GW don't allow that to happen, this is probably our first look at the second edition Drazhar.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 01:13

Official artwork, that gives me a little hope since Drazhar looks significantly different.

Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 02:00

all the incubi look different
even jair zar a bit
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 05:11

I highly doubt we will get anything new but the art seems to have some kind of transport we don't have, underslung guns and no forward turret. Also is that an Incubi shooting a pistol or is that an Archon with a horned helmet like we used to have with the 5th edition miniature?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 05:40

I'm pretty sure that the guy 'holding a pistol' is just holding his sword upright. And not to be a mood killer, but that art piece was made in 2018.

Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 05:48

@Sarcron wrote:
And not to be a mood killer, but that art piece was made in 2018.

GW's books can have an eight or nine month lead up time just to get printed, it's totally feasible that the piece could have been commissioned for Phoenix Rising.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 06:20

@Sarcron wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the guy 'holding a pistol' is just holding his sword upright. And not to be a mood killer, but that art piece was made in 2018.

To be clear on which one I'm talking about, it is the one to the left of Drazhar, above the Incubus that is being poorly fired upon (or she is firing at something off screen) by a Howling Banshee. His right hand does in fact seem to be holding a sword upright but the left does not look like it has a sword to me in the picture, there is even what appears to be a muzzle flash at the end.

New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork Drahzar-vs-Jain-Zar-Print

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Wed Sep 18 2019, 06:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 06:24

Maybe incubi get their shooting attack back..? 😂
Joke aside didn't they use to have some kind of flamer from their helmet or something?

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 06:48

In 3rd edition they had Tormentor Helmets which mirrored the Striking Scorpion helmets with the mandablasters. Tormentor Helmets had a neurally activated splinter pistol built into them.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 12:24

they had bloodstones, a str3 ap3 flamer
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 12:25

@Sarcron wrote:
but it wasnt released up until now
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 13:09

It's called PHOENIX rising, we got new banshees and new incubi and now we got this official artwork (even if the artist made it in 18)... IMHO there is no debate if we are getting a new drazhar and jain zar
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Hellion
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 14:22

They have already removed the artwork. Seems they actually didn't want us to see it just yet. Seems to be an unwanted spoiler. Still suprised, two "new" Drukhari releases.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 14:39

Question - what are those vehicles?!
The one of the right APPEARS to be a REAPER, and the two back left look too small to Raiders, too thin for Venoms, and too large for Reavers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 15:13

@Squidmaster wrote:
Question - what are those vehicles?!
The one of the right APPEARS to be a REAPER, and the two back left look too small to Raiders, too thin for Venoms, and too large for Reavers.

artistic licence i guess... after seemingly 2 drukhari releases i would not even dare think its something else
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 16:03

@Koldan wrote:
They have already removed the artwork. Seems they actually didn't want us to see it just yet. Seems to be an unwanted spoiler. Still suprised, two "new" Drukhari releases.

That feels like a dead giveaway to me, I think we'll be seeing the unveiling of Jain Zar, Drazhar or both next Monday.

Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 17:08

Warhammer Community update today officially unveiled the artwork and also confirms that we're getting a new Drazhar model.

Quote :
We’ve already shown you the Exarch and Klaivex from the upcoming Howling Banshees and Incubi kits, so make sure you check back with us again on Monday, when we’ll be revealing the first of the duellists! If you thought the Exarch and Klaivex were awesome (which they totally are!), wait until you see who’s coming!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 17:10

I expect they'll unveil the Jain Zar model first, so likely two weeks before we see Drazhar, unless the unveil them both next week.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 21:03

Next edition version of the raider I think, instead of turret mounted, the guns are jow under slung and we get 2 per raider which means the dissie will be assault 2 and the darklance will be D3 shots ... in seriousness though they might as well release both Jain Zar and Drazahar at the same time even though they mentioned "next monday we will reveal the first of two duelists" but this give ke hope that they listened to our complaints about how useless he was ... we will ha e to see his new rules
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 21:21

Raider isnt getting a new model, these artworks always have something in them that is off or from another unit or mixed.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
CWE 5k+
I miss Corsairs
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 21:29

The raider variant did catch my eye, but more likely its artistic licence. No different than someone doing a conversion on their models. My Venoms have 2 underslung cannons, but game wise it makes no difference to a stock venom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork   New? Drahzar  vs Jain Zar artwork I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New? Drahzar vs Jain Zar artwork
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: