HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Moving under reavers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

Moving under reavers Empty
PostSubject: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 16:20

Hello everyone, recently I came across a question that potentially cost me a game

If you have a unit of reavers within an inch of an enemy unit, can the enemy unit fall back because their bases fit between gaps of the basesthe  in your unit, or are they not allowed to fall back because they are as tall as the reavers and would have to move through the model?

Eg I surrounded  a unit of marine bikes with the reavers, but left a 25,41mm opening according to my opponent ( I'm a little salty I admit) between two reavers. BUT their long hulls were "over" that opening. Are the bikes able to fall back even though they are physically unable to move under the model?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 19:54

Afaik If they can get around the base they can fall back, only when models have a rule like hovering does any measurement take place on the model so yeah better tighten up those gaps!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2019, 07:32

Everything is BTB unless it has the Hove rule.

Also "When you move a model in the Movement phase, it may not be moved within 1" of any enemy models."

Meaning it is literally impossible to move between 2 models from the same unit b.c they need at least a gap over 2" and unit coherency is 2" anyways. If a base is 32mm (thats 1.25") that means the 2 models needs to be at least 3.26" apart to move between them.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2019, 15:16

Normal movement, yes that's true but I think with fall backs that's not the case. You're already starting the fallback move within an inch of enemy units so I believe the rule is that you just need to "end your move more than 1" from enemy units. You can't move over enemy models during a fallback, but considering you're already within an inch of them I'm fairly certain you can move through any gaps, as long as you don't touch the enemy model's base at any point.

Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2019, 17:08

thats right, if you fall back you have to end the move more than 1" away from enemy models, but the BRB also states that models cannot move through other models.

"It cannot be moved through other models or through terrain features such as walls, but can be moved vertically in order to climb or traverse any scenery."
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 17:48

Quote :
If you have a unit of reavers within an inch of an enemy unit, can the enemy unit fall back because their bases fit between gaps of the basesthe in your unit, or are they not allowed to fall back because they are as tall as the reavers and would have to move through the model?

Only bases count. To lock unit you must form a triangle around single model in enemy squad. Since they cant move though gaps between bases and cant go 1" away from you, they cant fall back at all.

If bases fit between gaps they can escape no problem.

AzraeI
Sybarite
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 19:51

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
If you have a unit of reavers within an inch of an enemy unit, can the enemy unit fall back because their bases fit between gaps of the basesthe  in your unit, or are they not allowed to fall back because they are as tall as the reavers and would have to move through the model?

Only bases count. To lock unit you must form a triangle around single model in enemy squad. Since they cant move though gaps between bases and cant go 1" away from you, they cant fall back at all.

If bases fit between gaps they can escape no problem.

it doesnt actually say that in the rules though
only that the base must fit and the moving model is not allowed to move in a way that it would move through an enemy model
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 21:19

Edit: You can move within 1" with this type of movement

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving under reavers   Moving under reavers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving under reavers