HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format   1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2019, 02:02

Black Heart Battalion:

HQ:

1x Archon with Huskblade, Blaster, Phantasm Grenade Launcher.
1x Archon with Venom Blade, Writ of the Living Muse, Labyrinthian Cunning

Troops

5x5 Kabalite Warriors

Heavy Support:

3x Ravagers with 3x Dissies

Dedicated Transports:

9x Venoms
1x Venom with Chain Snares

Black Heart Airwing:

Fliers
3x Razorwing with 2x Dissies

I'm tossing up between running the Battalion as Flayed Skull or as Black Heart.

Generally I prefer Black Heart as the 6+++ is really annoying for opponents to deal with, and because Ravagers benefit from it much more than they benefit from +3 move and ignoring Cover - plus Writ of the Living Muse & Labyrinthian Cunning are strong.

But, I can see that it's also a detachment that would just love to be Flayed Skull, with 45 Splinter Rifle and 10 Splinter Cannon or equivalents on the Kabalites and Venoms, and since I do have a separate Airwing I don't have to take Black Heart to unlock Agents of Vect.

Suggestions list-wise, and arguments for which Kabal to take are welcome.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
TSkouboe
Slave
TSkouboe

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format   1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2019, 08:12

It seems to me that your choice of obsession depends on your preference for being aggressive or defensive.
Black Heart improves your vehicles' survivability by 1/6.
Flayed Skull improves your Venoms' and Kabalites' damage by 1/6 and removes cover, which further improves your damage output (for Ravagers, though, only for armour saves of 4+ or better).

Your list is curious to me. Are Venoms really worth taking as spam?
What are your thoughts on playing ITC with this list?
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format   1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2019, 00:43

@TSkouboe wrote:
It seems to me that your choice of obsession depends on your preference for being aggressive or defensive.
Black Heart improves your vehicles' survivability by 1/6.
Flayed Skull improves your Venoms' and Kabalites' damage by 1/6 and removes cover, which further improves your damage output (for Ravagers, though, only for armour saves of 4+ or better).

My meta has an abundance of D2 and D3 weapons, with Disintegrator Cannons, Avenger Gatlings, Autocannons and Helverins everywhere. So I find that the extra 1/6 in survivability is invaluable to extending the life of each individual Venom, meaning that it takes 4 unsaved Disintegrator, Gatling or Autocannon wounds on average to kill me, instead of 3 etc.

So, I have a disproportionate love of leaning towards survivability rather than speeds and 'Ignores Cover'.

@TSkouboe wrote:
Your list is curious to me. Are Venoms really worth taking as spam?
What are your thoughts on playing ITC with this list?

Purely in ITC, yes, they're amazing. A list built around Venoms means that although your opponent can almost always score Butchers Bill, and will often be in a position to score Kill More against you, their other secondaries are tough to execute, you can out position and table almost any horde list without even trying, and you have enough nimble mobile units that you can out position elite armies as well.

I'm actually looking to restructure the list, so that it offers even fewer scoring opportunities to the opponent. The issue with the first list is that it still offers a full 4 pts for Big Game Hunter or Marked For Death with the Ravagers which are relatively easy to kill and a single Razorwing, and also relies on Disintegrators alone without much in the ways of Haywires or Blasters, so T8 is tough to crack.

So, this what I'm currently eyeing up:

Black Heart / Flayed Skull Battalion

HQ:
1x Archon with Huskblade, Blaster.
1x Archon with Venom Blade, Writ of the Living Muse, Labyrinthian Cunning

Troops:
4x5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster
1x5 Kabalite Warriors

Fast Attack:
2x5 Scourges with 4 Haywire Blasters
1x5 Scourges with 4 Blasters

Dedicated Transports:
10x Venoms

Black Heart Airwing:

Fliers
3x Razorwing with 2x Dissies

Scourges die like flies, but they can hide in ruins with a relatively good save against things like mortars, and they don't award any secondaries like MFD or BGH even if they do die. If you're really worried they'll die early, they can just opt to Deep Strike (without costing any CP cheers ).

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format   1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Venom Spam - ITC Format
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: